Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can do Ancestry UK lookups (no more requests for t

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 27 Feb 2004 10:39

I can now do lookups on Ancestry Uk. Inc 1871, 1891 census, Pallotts marriage index. Please give as much info as possible. There is very little on there for BMD after 1905. I will start looking tomorrow morning and I can be e-mailed direct if that is easier. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 29 Feb 2004 11:03

Anymore for anymore? While I'm on a roll.

Jane

Jane Report 29 Feb 2004 11:19

Hi Laurie I am looking for William Grey who would be abt 42 in 1871. He was born in Burton upon Stather in Lincs. I am also lookin for his brother James who would be 29 in1871. He was also born in Burton Upon Stather. Any information would be great. Thanks a lot. Jane

Diane

Diane Report 29 Feb 2004 11:21

Hello Laurie, Thank you for your very generous offer. I am interested in William Hawkins on the 1871 census. William was born around 1840? in Ireland, and was living in Everton, Liverpool in 1872 when his daughter was born. His wife on the 1881 census is Mary C, but I'm not sure if she is the mother of his daughter, as there was talk that the childrens mother died in childbirth in 1875. William was a stonemason and wood carver. Thanking you Diane

Annabel

Annabel Report 29 Feb 2004 11:56

Laurie did you get my email about the coopers ann

Mary

Mary Report 29 Feb 2004 14:37

Can you look up for me Elizabeth Sharp b.Cranford Northants in about 1880. She was a lodger at 9 Albion Rd.Kettering Northants in 1881. Trying to trace where she might have been in 1871. Also can you try a marriage for me - John Thomas Hearn, about 1881in Bedford. Think his wife might have been Annie Barnett or Fisher - sorry to be vague. Thanks Mary Brooke

Jenny

Jenny Report 29 Feb 2004 15:13

hello laurie, Im looking for 2 people on the 1891or 1871 census'. Alfred Feakes born around 1869 so approx 22 born Netherton/Dudley area. Propably come under Staffs or Worcs and Pamela Tibbetts born around 1874 in rowley regis staffs. They didn't marry until 1892 so I'm hoping they may still be in their parents households. Thanks for any help

Julie

Julie Report 29 Feb 2004 15:29

Hi Laurie, Thank you for your offer. If you have time could you do an 1891 look-up please? Jonathan North occupation boot and shoe manufacturer Kate North wife children, William and Kate. Possibly Alfred. In 1901 they were living in London Road,Brackendale, Leicester formerly Knighton, Leicestershire. I`m actually looking for Alfred but he seems to have got lost somewhere and has missed all the usual censerships. many thanks, Julie

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 29 Feb 2004 15:38

hi laurie, anything at all on william[randall] walker. born 1845 in manchester, was an iron moulder. his father had the same name and occupation and was born i think in 1805, cant find either of them anywhere before 1881. many thanks, sue.

Buggy21

Buggy21 Report 1 Mar 2004 00:24

Hi Laurie, Could you please see if you can find any of the Hogsdon (maybe spelt Hogsden) Family from Limehouse/Poplar area of London, or if there's a Marriage for Grace Hogsdon to an Alfred (or Arthur) Richard Parkes, around about 1920 ish. Or it may come under Middlesex then. I would be very grateful for any infromation. With many many thanks Angie.

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Mar 2004 00:39

Would it be possible for you to look up a William Ronald on the 1871 census for Edinburgh. William was born about 1811/1812 ,don't know where. His wife was Elizabeth born 1812 .His occupation was house painter. iI would be most grateful for any info on this as I am really stuck on this one.

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 1 Mar 2004 11:20

Laurie, Could you please do a look up for my friend, he is trying to trace his Grandfather Thomas Mc Mullen b1883 Greencastle County Antrim Ireland. & Grandmother maiden name Redmond approx b1883. Also a Kathleen Galvin Approx b1883 Mothers name Kelly County Cork. Rita.

Desperate

Desperate Report 1 Mar 2004 12:20

Dear Laurie,Could you please look up a family in Bury.Lancs.from about 1900. John and Mary Agnes Walsh,with a baby named Mary.The parents were born in Ireland.They lived in John St. at one time ,and in a pub after that. That is all I know .Thanks a lot. Margaret

Shannette

Shannette Report 1 Mar 2004 12:31

Please can you try to find John Edwards Palfreyman? He was born in 1865 in Birkenhead and appears on the 1881 on board the SS Plover as a boy of 15.I lose him after that.Thanks.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 1 Mar 2004 12:51

Hi Laurie, thank you for your kind offer. I am looking for a William Poole father George 1n 1871 he would have been 24 or there abouts, he was was from Haverhill Suffolk Margaret.

Carol

Carol Report 1 Mar 2004 16:21

Could you please look for a Mary Milnes in 1871, she will be 33, born in West Derby, Liverpool, want to find her hubbie if poss, many thanks,Carol

Lesley

Lesley Report 1 Mar 2004 16:38

Hi Laurie Kind of you to offer. I'm looking for the marriage of Henry Rolf born c.1832 to Emma ?surname, born c.1842. Would have been about 1863 to 1868. Not sure where the marriage would have been, he was born in Brill, Buckinghamshire, and she was born in Tring, Hertford. Not sure what sort of information you get from Pallots, but I haven't found this marriage anywhere so far. NOTE: Just to confuse things, ROLF sometimes becomes ROLFE. Thanks in anticipation. Lesley

K

K Report 1 Mar 2004 19:04

Hi Laurie, Please would it be possible if you could have a look for a William Heath born 1861 Welling (East Wickham) Kent on the 1871 census. His parents were William Heath and Elizabeth Heath, I have located William on the 1881,1891,1901 census's, but nothing at all on his parents, I doknow he wasn't at the address he was born in ,Wickham Lane. Which really doesn't help. In 1881 he was a sevant in London, According to his marriage cert his father was a Blacksmith in 1884. He married in Grennhithe, Kent. Any Help would be great Many Thanks Keren

Laurie

Laurie Report 2 Mar 2004 12:22

Hi Jane, Sorry nothing for William or James born in that area. There was only two Williams and one was too old the other too young. I also checked under Gray but nothing there either. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 2 Mar 2004 12:23

Hi Diane, Sorry nothing for William. Laurie