Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have CLIP cd lookups available - sorry thread clos

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 7 Jul 2004 23:39

Have the crew list agreement cd from 1863-1913. Exact name only please. Regards Alison Sanguy

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 7 Jul 2004 23:45

Hi Alison thanks for the offer do you have anything for Ernest John Trenbirth 1885 onwards? Probably out of Southampton, Liverpool and Birkenhead...if that helps. Cheers Helen

Paul

Paul Report 8 Jul 2004 00:05

Hello Alison, Not sure what CLIP is but something to do with sailors/ships no doubt. I'm trying to find a Robert CROSBY born 1860. He was a Capatin in the R.N.R and died in Mexico in 1905 presumably on a voyage or something. I would assume that he would have sailed from Liverpool as thats where he lived and was buried. Many Thanks Paul

Joyce

Joyce Report 8 Jul 2004 08:11

Hi, Alison, Do you have anything on a Henry Taw ( mariner) whose home was Poplar area. Merchant or Royal I don't know. Many thanks Joyce

Shannette

Shannette Report 8 Jul 2004 09:31

Please can you look up Elijah Palfreyman who was on board the SS Plover on the 1881 census aged 53 with his son John edward aged 15.Also William Palfreyman born 1863 who was on board the Black Eagle that night .All Birkenhead.Also William Palfreyman who was on board a steamboat in Birkenhead on the 1851 census aged 16. Hope this isn't too many but any would be great. Thanks.

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 14:04

Helen This was as close as I could fine Name Vessell Start date Official no. TREMBERTHA John Maid of Anglesea 1883 12198 Source flintshire record office. Long shot I know, but hope it may help Regards Alison Sanguy

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 14:08

Paul Sorry, no Robert CROSBY. Good luck Alison

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 14:11

Leigh, Sorry, but no one who fits that description. Good luck Alison

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 14:15

Joyce 4 TAW's but sorry not the one you wanted. Good luck Alison

Jackie

Jackie Report 8 Jul 2004 14:34

Thank you for your kind offer. Please could you look up the following for me: These were all mariners: William (Sherwell) BRAY - I have 2, one born Brixham, one Hull) James (Efford) BRAY Robert (Efford) BRAY Thomas BRAY Registered Hull or Brixham Also Willis KITSON John BARRETT Registered Hull, Grimsby or Fleetwood Many thanks in advance Jackie

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 14:35

Shanette This is all the PALFREYMEN listed Surname Age Birthplace Capacity Vessel PALFREYMAN JOhn 1839 Sheffield Chief cook Prince Wals PALFREYMAN John 1839 Sheffield Chief cook Prince Wal PALFRYMAN Elizah 53 Birkenhead Engineer Louise List Starts Previous ship Previous port Previous ship year 1/7/1888 Same - 1888 1/1/1888 Abyssinia - 1888 1/7/1881 Plover Douglas 1882 Official No. Source. 93381 Isle of Man 93381 Isle of Man 76305 Isle of Man Hope this helps Regards Alison

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Jul 2004 14:49

Hi Alison, Could you please look for a John James Roskruge he joined the Navy in 1885,also if you come across any other Roskruge's I would love the info Thank you Sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Jul 2004 15:06

Hello Alison! If you have a moment, please could you look for any of the following ... Daniel Stephen Jennings Alfred George Jennings Thomas Alfred Jennings William James Jennings George Frederick Jennings They were all born in London and worked on ships, but I am not sure if any of them were actually sea-based and would love to know. Daniel emigrated to New Zealand at some point and Alfred George visited him there. Thank you. Maz. XX

Joyce

Joyce Report 8 Jul 2004 15:39

Hi, Alison , Thanks for you time, Cheerio Joyce

Mary

Mary Report 8 Jul 2004 15:53

Hi Alison, Please could you look up : Richard Hazell :Pill,Somerset Joseph Hugh Hazell " " Charles Porter " "/Bristol Stephen Anstice Hazell " "/Cardiff these are three generations of the same mariner family. Thanks,Mary

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 8 Jul 2004 17:22

I am going out on a limb here cos the likelihood of me finding this bloke's whereabouts are pretty low..... looking for Elijah Newman, born 1843, would have departed from Chatham probably but not definite. Would have been after 1875, but before 1885.... please!! Chloe

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 17:43

Hi Sandra Sorry I didn't frind any ROSKRUGE, but there was this which I think is a possibility. The surname is as shown with a ? on the cd. Name Age Birthplace Capacity Vessell ROSKINGE? John 43 Faversham AB Heather Bell List start Previous ship Previous port official no. Source 15/3/1880 william Hutton Whitby 27870 PEM Regards Alison

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 17:52

Hi Maz Plenty of JENNINGS but only one born London and he is. Name AGe Birthplace Capacity Vessell List start William 29 London AB Paragon 1873 Previous ship Previous ship port previous ship year none none none Official NO. Source 24032 SOM (somerset) Hope this is one of yours ALison

Zoe

Zoe Report 8 Jul 2004 18:03

Hi Alison, I'm looking for an ALBERT BARTRAM born 1874 in Barnet. On the 1891 census he was aged 16 and listed as crew aboard the HMS Impregnable at Stoke Damerel, Devon. I then lose him on the 1901. Thanks Zoe

Alison

Alison Report 8 Jul 2004 18:04

Mary Lots of HAZZELL's from Pill but only this one comes close to matching your names. Hope its one at least. Name Age Birthplace Capacity Vessell HAZELL Joseph 70 Pill Master Princess of Wales List Start Previous ship Previous ship port 7/1871 none none Previous ship year Officail No. Source none 53195 BRI Regards Alison