General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colonel SIR Tom Moore. 100 yrs. old today.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 15 Apr 2020 06:23

Captain Tom who is 100 years old at the end of the month decided to do 100 laps of his garden, doing 10 a day to raise money for N.H.S. He served in 2nd world war. Has had a new hip & was so pleased with N.H.S. that he wanted to raise £1000 pounds to help in this pandemic to say thankyou to them.
He has now smashed £4million pounds. He is now saying he will carry on doing his laps, maybe another 100.
Makes my heart sing to watch & listen to him. True British spirit.
I know it is the power of TV but I am proud of you & when this is all over you deserve another medal. <3 <3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Apr 2020 11:53

He raised a lot of money when he was shown on regional tv but wow! Just look at what national tv can do.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Apr 2020 13:24

Strewth! More than 6 million.

Captain Tom is a hero twice over. A lesson in how a simple act can mean so much.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2020 14:48

He's on over 7 million pounds now. He's going up by about a thousand pounds every 10 seconds or so. Amazing!!

Kath. x

Hilary

Hilary Report 15 Apr 2020 15:38

Wow! Go for it Tom, can he reach 10 miliion, I think he can, have donated.
So inspiring <3 <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Apr 2020 18:47

Well ,what a guy!!! he wont forget his 100th birthday for a while, I'm sure....

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Apr 2020 07:10

Thought yesterday could he reach 10 million, well he has now passed 12 million pounds & reaches his 100 laps today but looks like he is going to carry on. Daughter said they were planning a big party for his 100th birthday but said it would be a smaller party, think he is going to get a surprise for his birthday, think Postie will need a van to deliver to his house.
Well done Tom <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Apr 2020 07:45

It's truly incredible and heartwarming that this amount has been raised and I hope it will be wisely used for the intended purposes.I

I hope Tom will stay well for his 100th birthday and beyond. He must be thrilled and so proud.

Wel! done, sir.

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Apr 2020 10:41

Absolutely amazing! <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 16 Apr 2020 10:44

What a wonderful, lovely man <3 <3 <3

It heading toward 13 million now :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 16 Apr 2020 11:12

If you want to send him a birthday card, here is the address. Capt. Tom Moore, C/O Post Office Ltd., 67, Bedford Rd. Marston Moretaine. Beds. MK43 0LA

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Apr 2020 11:48

Might get 10 million of them, lol

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Apr 2020 12:17

I hope not, Hilary.

Every card carries a risk no matter how minute that risk is, and let's not forget that his age leaves him particularly vulnerable. I, for one, would not want to increase that risk to an elderly man who has done so brilliantly well. <3

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Apr 2020 16:41

True JoyLouise, hopefully they will be folded in & not licked because I have a feeling he is going to be inundated with cards from all over the world, hopefully his family has thought of this.

Linda

Linda Report 17 Apr 2020 01:49

Last I heard he had raised 15 million and there's a petition doing its rounds on facebook asking the PM to put his name forward for a knighthood I hope it will happen but I don't know how with all this going on

Hilary

Hilary Report 17 Apr 2020 06:13

Now over 17 million pounds, way it is going he will reach 20 million pounds. <3
Tell him on his 100th birthday that he is getting a Knighthood & allow him to be called Sir then do the honours when possible.

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 Apr 2020 07:20

Captain Tom’s achievements stand so tall, a statue in his honour can never match up.

David

David Report 17 Apr 2020 18:00

A remarkable man :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Apr 2020 18:05

He is a true gentleman the money he has raised is amazing God Bless Him Sir would be great <3 xx

Hilary

Hilary Report 18 Apr 2020 06:20

Now smashed £21 million pounds, how far can he go? <3