Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

will be back after holiday/probs tracking kin in e

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 10:52

i will try my best to track those that are hard to find in 1901 census, i need as much info as possible name age birth yr place and occupation and last known place of residence also if they had partners etc will do my best Di no more look ups till after Hols thanks Di

Tc

Tc Report 31 Mar 2004 11:02

Hi Dianne Wondered if you could find my elusive grt grandparents who appear to be missing off 1901, they are Robert Blackburn born 1869 Cleckheaton West Yorks (commercial Traveller) his wife Rosalind (Rosalie) born Edinburgh 1873 may have a son Leslie Blackburn born Leeds West Yorks in 1896 Any help much appreciated Rod

Michelle

Michelle Report 31 Mar 2004 11:12

Hi Diane, Managed to find my Prewett Family on 1881 census but not 1891 or 1901. Thomas Prewett 1831 Born Gloucester Elizabeth Prewett 1834 Born Monmouth James 1859 Rose Hannah 1865 David 1868 Susannah 1874 Thomas 1877 All children born at Monmouth and at time of 1881 census they lived at Railway Siding, Trevethin, Monmouth. Hope you manage to find them. Thanks for your help. M.

Lucky

Lucky Report 31 Mar 2004 11:20

Hi Di, I have an absolute pain of one. Ursula Gaden b.1874 Burmington. Shipston on Stour. 1881 she is in Ashley Down orphanage, I have who I believe to be her on 1891 in service to a Davies family in Wales. The copy is very hard to read but she appears to have added a middle name. This doesn't appear anywhere else, birth cert, parish bapt entry or orphanage papers. I have tried many combinations on 1901 including going right through the a-z adding other letters and wildcards. I have searched BMD from 1890 (when she left orphanage) into 1900's looking for anything. She is my gt.grandfathers sister. I found an Ursula Bunting who I really thought was her everything fitted. On looking for the marriage it wasn't. Just a coincidence on the place of birth and christian name. If you can help I would be very, very grateful. Thanks Diane ps can e mail the 1891 image if you need it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2004 11:21

Diane, Thanks for the kind offer. If you get time, could you possibly see if you can find my Grandmother, Clara Jane HALL, born in 1882 in Richmond, Surrey and if possible her father. Clara would possibly be in service during the 1901 census. Her father's name was Alfred James Richard HALL (born 1862, Brentford), he was listed as deceased on Clara's marriage certificate in 1903, so the chances are he's not going to be found. NB, Alfred's wife was Annie (né Wilkinson). They're being quite elusive so far ! Many thanks Paul

Shona

Shona Report 31 Mar 2004 11:22

Hi Diane Thankyou for this offer. I am looking for two families. Arthur Norris age 55 born Berkshire Harriet Norris age 55 born Cheshire In 1891 they were living/working in a lodging house around 214 Campbell Road, North Islington My other family is Henry Norris age 72 if still alive - bootmaker born Wallingford Emily daur age 47 born Cholsey, Berkshire - dressmaker Edmund E.G. son age 29 bootmaker born Wallingford, Berks Many thanks Shona

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Mar 2004 11:46

Hi Diane, Would you see if you can find Joseph Marston, born 1842, Nuneaton, Warks. In 1891 he was at Navigation Street, Leicester. Also his daughter, Mary Ann Higginson and her husband and any family.Mary was born 1870, Leicester and her husband Robert in 1868. They were also at Navigation Street Leicester in 1891. Many thanks, Sandra

Shannette

Shannette Report 31 Mar 2004 11:51

Can you please try to find two for me. The first is Walter Clare who was born in 1874 in Louth Lincs.The second is Winifred Mirren Palfreyman whose date of birth I'm not sure of but it must have been about 1900-1910.She died in 1977 and was married to Carl Bernard Clare. She was born in Moreton in the Wirral and her father was a jeweller but I know nothing more. She had a sister called Daisy if that helps. Thanks.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 31 Mar 2004 11:55

Hello Diane, I would appreciate it if you could look for Selina Phillips (she may be calling herself Selina Guest). She was born in Bloxwich, Staffs. She would be around 45 years old. From what I can gather she has split up from her husband and is now living with the lodger Andrew Guest. They may have moved to the Barnsley area as her daughter Amelia Phillips married John Thomas Carr from Barnsley. Hope you can help. Your assistance greatly appreciated. Jenny

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 13:41

rod sorry nothing not even on variations of the name place or age maybe they went to her birth place of scotland Di

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 14:02

Morfydd this is the closet i could find Thomas PRUETT 24 1877 Mon Blaenavon Blaenavon Monmouthshire Colliery Horse Driver Underground Elizabeth PRUETT 65 1836 Mon Blaenavon Blaenavon Monmouthshire James PRUETT 35 1866 Mon Blaenavon Blaenavon Monmouthshire Colliery Horse Driver Underground hope this helps Di

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 14:16

hi Di nothing on ursula at all sorry Di

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 31 Mar 2004 14:25

Hi Diane, I can't find a George William Poole born in march 1882 so would have made him 18-19 he was born in Edmonton North London he is not living at his parents address which was Cuba Cottages Edmonton also I know he was not married Thanking you very much Margaret

Karen

Karen Report 31 Mar 2004 14:36

Hi Diane, I have been unable to find a family on the 1901 census. They are Walter Parr who was born c1854 in Bristol - he was a Tailor. Although Born in Bristol he was in Warwickshire in1881 and in 1891 was in Smethwick, Harborne, Staffs.His wife was Elizabeth Parr born in Lancashire.In 1881 census she said she was born in Salford and 91 was born in Manchester. Her age has also varied but was born c1847 in 81 and in 91 was c1854. Together they had 2 children Bruce Frederick Parr born 1881 in Birmingham, Warickshire and May born c 1886 in Harborne. last address(1891) was 9, Cedar Grove Terrace, Cape Hill Con, Harborne , Staffs. Would be grateful for any help you can give, Thanks, Karen

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 14:44

paul this is the closest thing i found Alfred HALL 39 1862 London census place Battersea London Painter & Paperhanger no sign of clara does this fit Di

Lucky

Lucky Report 31 Mar 2004 14:46

Hi Di, Thanks for having a go, I'm almost giving that one up as a lost cause!!! Cheers Diane

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 15:00

Shona found this Emily NORRIS 47 1854 Berks Wallingford Wallingford Entire Berks Shaw Hat Feather Cleaner Elizth NORRIS 39 1862 Berks Wallingford Wallingford Entire Berks Henry NORRIS 72 1829 Berks Wallingford Wallingford Entire Berks Boot Shoe Maker Rosa NORRIS 43 1858 Berks Wallingford Wallingford Entire Berks this is all i could find Di

Chunkie2

Chunkie2 Report 31 Mar 2004 15:41

Sandra this is all i could find loks like name mispelt Mary HIGGISON 32 1869 Leicester Leicester Formerly St Margts Leicester Robert HIGGISON 34 1867 Leicester Leicester Formerly St Margts Leicester Shoe Finisher for joseph marston the closest match was Joseph MASON 59 1842 Warwick Stockingford Nuneaton Warwick Brick Maker hope these help Di

Julie

Julie Report 31 Mar 2004 15:54

Hi, trying to trace my great grand parents and having no luck. Looking for James Gardner who is married to Sarah gardner and they lived in liverpool, have no address of them but James gardner was a cooper.

Trish

Trish Report 31 Mar 2004 15:54

Hi Diane, thanks for the offer, I have lost my G Grandmother and Grandmother. G Grandmother's name was Annie Butler born 1878 Wooburn, Buckinghamshire. Annie had a daughter (by who knows!) named Winifred Grace Lois Butler born 18 Jan 1897 Wooburn, Buckinghamshire. Have also tried looking for them under Annies future husband's name of Burrows because they married soon after the Census and I thought they may have been living together as man and wife but still no luck.