General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Toblerone Tuesday

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Jun 2022 11:44

:-D :-D <3 <3 :-D :-D <3 <3 :-D :-D

Beautiful day here :-D :-D

Me Driving Licence had expired been sorting that out :-0 :-0

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Jun 2022 11:46

Morning Belle :-)

Hope your licence is sorted without fuss.

Any sign of those brackets yet?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Jun 2022 11:53

Morning Gwyn <3 :-D

I think I've established that I can drive as I've applied online through the Post Office....it expired last November :-0 :-0 Not sure what made me check it but I looked at my Crumbly Card (travel card) and then my Driving Licence and that's when I found with horror it had expired.....I didn't receive a reminder which are normally sent out :-0

No sign of the brackets :-( I'll wait until 12 and then phone the Fitter :-)

Fly

Fly Report 21 Jun 2022 13:04

Afternoon Belle :-D <3

Afternoon Gwyn :-D <3

Von

Von Report 21 Jun 2022 13:20

Afternoon all :-D <3

Belle. Lucky you noticed <3

It is a nuisance having to renew it every three years ;-) ;-) ;-)

I’ve been in the garden. Yesterday I mixed a load of potting compost. Given up buying

it now and used it to pot up small plants. :-D :-D
Not complaining but it sure is hot out there ;-) ;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Jun 2022 13:25

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

It is scorchio here, been out birthday present hunting….men are a pain to buy for! OH has eaten the last scone so am sulking :-D :-D

Belle …won’t you have to renew again next year :-0 :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Jun 2022 13:55

Afternoon Fly, Von & Ann <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Yes, I will Ann.....never crossed my mind that it expired before I was 70 :-0 :-0 I'm pretty sure my old paper driving licence was valid until I was 70 :-0 :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Jun 2022 13:56

Afternoon all. <3 :-D

Beautiful weather here too, Ann.

My OH would agree with you Von.

He had to renew his licence yet again a short while ago. When his new one arrived he asked me where the envelopes were so he could return his old on. I told him that I just chopped my old one into pieces and ditched it, however, I knew he would not rock the boat as far as the law is concerned and he got an envelope, addressed it then looked for a stamp. I have several of different denominations.

I asked myself when did he last post anything when he stuck on a10p stamp and asked whether it was enough postage. I fell about laughing at which point he peeled off the stamp. I told him to stick the envelope in the box as it was as I thought it should be postage-free returns - but I did not check. Clearly he had not checked either but he sent it as it was as neither of us could actually be bothered checking. :-S

We bought a ready-prepared fuchsia hanging-basket a short while ago and it is glorious at the moment, with a huge number of flowers on it. OH is looking after it as if it was his baby. I should be so lucky! :-0 :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Jun 2022 15:18

Belle…both ours were :-0 :-0

Had a bit of a bumpy ride renewing OH cos he had the old paper one, the form came back from DVLA twice because we had not filled it in to their satisfaction :-0 :-0

Mine was straight forward because I had already exchanged my paper one for photo ID, we eventually sorted it…and along came his new license minus his birth certificate! :-0 :-0

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 21 Jun 2022 15:43

Afternoon Everyone. :-D <3

Hope all is ok with you all.

Tinternet still playing up, might be back, might not. :-D :-S

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Jun 2022 18:36

Evening everyone :-)

It's been a beautiful day here, although I've been in fielding phone calls for much of the time and sorting out family tree stuff for daughter's friend.

Makes a change from chasing JENKINS in Wales, when the enumerator in more than one census decided to name the children with just 1st initial of their name :-| :-| :-|
I need all the help I can get with that family.

Maddie
Hope it all sorts itself out soon for you.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Jun 2022 19:10

Evening :-D :-D <3 <3

Maddie I had the same problem a few weeks ago but mine was my laptop <3

Fly

Fly Report 21 Jun 2022 19:12

Evening Gwyn :-D <3

Evening Pat :-D <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Jun 2022 19:12

Evening Fly :-D :-D <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 21 Jun 2022 19:16

Is it hot over there Pat ;-) ;-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Jun 2022 19:17

not so hot today, 26C with a cooling, strong wind.

Fly

Fly Report 21 Jun 2022 19:19

Dark clouds coming over here :-0

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Jun 2022 19:20

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

stay in then ;-) :-D :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Jun 2022 19:20

Wotcha :-D :-D <3 <3

Evening everyone <3 <3

It is baking here :-0