General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Chit Chat thread

Page 0 + 1 of 156

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Apr 2021 19:24

Hello folks.
I have decided to create a daily chit chat thread where anyone can pop in at any time and say hello, share their news etc or just tell us the weather in your area.

For some people on here who live on their own, its a way of just keeping in touch either daily or weekly, its really up to yourselves.

We all can add to other threads about particular topics like covid, the vaccines or whats happening in the world etc. So this is just for people to have an natter about anything they want.

Tonight as I type this, it is beginning to snow! Yep Easter snow and the wind has just picked up to gale force.
We had a long power cut last week and i was hunting through boxes to find the candles I had packed away..lol

Its now a blizzard..wow unreal.

I expect you lot down south were on the beach in your bikinis :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

So there we are.
Off to make a cuppa whilst we still can.

Florence in the hebrides

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 19:32

It was a bit chilly for a bikini and if I wore one I would frighten everyone away :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Apr 2021 19:33

@ LG :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 19:39

Well I could at least keep the cats out of the garden :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Apr 2021 19:42

Lovely idea Florence <3

We in North Wales are waiting for your weather to come down...Tis perishing out there already :-0 :-0

LG...get a tan first :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 19:45

:-D :-D :-D more like rust Ann

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Apr 2021 19:46

Use gravy browning for that darker look :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2021 19:57

Well it has been a glorious day here, I was in the garden most of the day in a T shirt, in fact I had sunscreen on. It was warm but not hot as there was a cool breeze. It is going to change tomorrow as the cold comes down this way. Apparently slightly warmer mid week then very cold again on Friday. Really weird weather.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 19:58

Ah Bisto Ann ;-) :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Apr 2021 20:48

I hope you realise LaG that Ann is talking from experience ;-) :-D

Great idea, Florence :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 21:09

:-P :-P :-P Belle :-D :-D :-D :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 4 Apr 2021 21:29

I spent the afternoon digging forget me nots out of the garden. The flipping things spread like wild fire.Luckily it was a nice sunny afternoon, but not that warm. We are expecting your cold weather tomorrow unfortunately

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 21:47

Earlier I checked ours and it said dry and sunny, I just looked again and it says light snow :-| :-|. Oh well bye to the gardening and hello to craft :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2021 22:34

LG I had to look then to confirm I was not the Ann you were talking to. I couldn't see what Bisto had to do with gardening. And I was pulling up forgetmenots too, I love them along the edge where they are supposed to be but they seem to have formed an alliance with the celandines and spread across the garden.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Apr 2021 22:37

Sorry AnnG it gets confusing with more than one person with the same name :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Apr 2021 00:07

Hmmmm two victories for Cambridge today.....

fortunately no one sunk this this time

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Apr 2021 02:12

Over here in Ontario we had a lovely sunny warmish day just right for a walk after eating too much :-)

Anyone know how to calm an anxious/nervous dog down?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Apr 2021 04:29

Lovely idea, Florence. I will try to get on here a bit more, so much going on here, my brain is addled! Lizxx

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Apr 2021 08:48

Good Morning Florence and Everyone :-)

It's been very sunny and pleasant for the last few days in South West Wales where I live. Today it's colder and very grey. I will pop in from time to time when I can, but I am more limited now as my OH is very poorly.

Wishing you a happy and successful thread Florence :-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 5 Apr 2021 08:58

Morning Florence and Chit Chatters. :-)

Bright but chilly here.

Have a lovely day everyone. :-)