General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just Jean

Page 0 + 1 of 517

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 17 Apr 2009 23:39

what has happened to Jean's introduction thread,it was there earlier,but I cant find it now. Mo

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 17 Apr 2009 23:44

Can't see it either. Sure it was around a little while back ...

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 17 Apr 2009 23:45

It was,as I was going to add to it as Jean asked us to keep an eye on it while she is away for a couple of days.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Apr 2009 02:17

Why on earth would it be whooshed, nothing harmful on there - seems there is a malicious person around who seems to have some influence on what is acceptable and what not.

I can't believe this person has taken advantage of Jean going on holiday to do this, she will be upset.

Lizxx

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 18 Apr 2009 18:07

No Daisy I came on just after you love. So do not worry. I am sure Jean will start another thread,when she gets back. Even though she will be rather upset. Mo xxx

Sallie

Sallie Report 18 Apr 2009 20:16

Hello Mo in Kent, I haven't spoken to you before, I posted on Jean's thread
a couple of months ago, and thought that the thread was a good idea.
Jean's thread isn't the only thread to disappear since yesterday.

I found last night that Taff's thread for Daff had disappeared, although I never posted on it, I looked at it everyday because I was interested in her
progress. I was really disappointed! Anyway Taff has opened a new thread for Daff - third time lucky we all hope.

Sorry about Jean's thread! Hope she will start a new one as soon as she can.

Makes you wonder who is deleting these threads, I don't think it is GR because there is nothing on these threads that shouldn't be. Sallie

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 18 Apr 2009 20:29

Hi Sally. It is so annoying,Jeans thread was only an introductory thread,and we all popped in and out,to say hello to each other,and update each other on how we were all getting on. No reason at all for it to be deleted at all. Everyone's so lovely and friendly. And also Jean is on holiday at the moment,and is unaware of what's gone on.
Like yourself,I always look in on Taffs thread for Daff,we all care thats why we do it.
GR seem so uncaring,to keep doing this to good peoples threads. I could understand,if it was a back biting thread,but both these threads were neither. Mo xxx
Sorry Sallie,I spelt your name wrong.

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 18 Apr 2009 21:20

I can't believe this has happened again, l used to love readingJeans thread, thats how l got to know about different people, and love to know what they were doing, where they come from and about there familys.

sue

sue Report 18 Apr 2009 23:05

Hi Everyone

Thought I was going mad couldnt find the thread.
It is a real shame I have been away from the computer a day and just signed in to see what everyone was up to.
Glad to see you are around Mo hope you are well.
Speak soon. Sue

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Apr 2009 01:24

I too kept looking at the thread to try and keep tabs on who is who with new folk joining up and people changing names etc.
Has anyone got a copy of it by any chance?
Such a shame as some of those who posted may have left now.
Don't know what is happening on here but it's not nice.

Lizx

sue

sue Report 19 Apr 2009 09:48

Hi

My eldest is able to play football today after being out for the last 6 weeks with knee problems. His team are in a match final and I hope he will get some time on the pitch.
He played in the rounds up to this point so fingers crossed.
I am not at work today so I get to look after my youngest and Dad gets to watch the match. To long a day for little one he gets boared.

Well I am looking out the window and it is grey, only took day off as it was forecast warm weather.Hopefully it will get better later.

Kids back to school tomorrow life will take a normal pattern might get the housework done!.

Take care all.

Sue

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 19 Apr 2009 12:43

Hello one and all.
Thank you all,for helping me to keep this thread going for Jean.
I agree with what you say Berona [Beryl], it could have only been GR that
wiped out Jeans thread,with her not being here.
Sue,Jean will be disappointed that she has missed your news,on your sons football. I know she loves hearing how he is getting on.
Hi Liz,good to hear from you. We must try and keep this going,so that Jean knows we are thinking of her.
Keep popping in Mummo,it's good to hear from you,Jean will be so proud
of what we are doing. She is such a lovely lady,and has gone through so much lately.
Once again thank you all for your kind thoughts,for our Jean. Mo xxx

dutch

dutch Report 19 Apr 2009 12:59

One of mine got whossh but i was lucky i still had another one going,theres something very wrong about so many threads going missing,and i agree Jean is realy going to be upset
Dutchxx

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 19 Apr 2009 13:04

Hello Dutch. I believe I was the last one to post on jeans thread,and I know there was nothing on there to upset the apple cart. Unless someone
came on really late Thursday night. I think it's disgusting what they have done. Jean would not hurt a fly. Love Mo xxx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 19 Apr 2009 13:30

Hi Mo,

Well that's unbelievable someone is playing games on GR, it was the most innocent thread going...I posted a couple of days ago to wish Jean a happy holiday.
I have just messaged them as to why it has been Whooosed
Hope Genes get back to me....
Mind Boggles....

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 19 Apr 2009 17:04

Good afternoon everyone, hope you all have had a lovely Sunday l have, l had a lovely drive in the New Forest, love driving through the quaint villages and see the forest ponies wandering all over the place, so peaceful then a nice Sunday roast in the pub (even had half a shandy) so in all have had a good weekend also have been lucky with the weather, now time for a short zzzzzzzz in the chair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna

Deanna Report 19 Apr 2009 17:07

So what was it about?
I take ONE DAY OFF..... and the site goes bananas...
That's it, I am staying up all night to watch the threads. ;-0)
Deanna X

Deanna

Deanna Report 19 Apr 2009 17:08

Daisy, are you MY Daisy?
Or are you new on the boards?
Deanna X

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 19 Apr 2009 18:44

Hi Marilyn and Fay,glad you found this thread,Jean will be pleased her friends have found her again.
Deanna,thanks for the offer of doing the night shift on here,I have been checking all day,to make sure this one doesn't get the usual whoooshing.
I hope they answer soon as to why it was removed,Marilyn.
I do envy you Mummo,the new forest ponies are a beautiful sight,and it is so peaceful there.

Sallie

Sallie Report 19 Apr 2009 18:45

Hi Mo, just popped in to see how things are going. Jean's thread was so friendly and welcoming it's a shame it got deleted.
I hope Jean will start a new one as soon as she can - just show those who deleted the thread, how popular it was and how spiteful they are to have done such a thing.
Best wishes, Sallie.