Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look Up's Offered ******NOW CLOSED****

Page 0 + 1 of 14

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ceri

ceri Report 22 Aug 2007 20:21

Hi I am currently able to offer look up's for you, including Census records (except 1901), BMD's from 1837, Passenger Lists from 1890, and some Military records. Please provide as much info as possible.

Added 26.08.07 - I would ask you all to be a little patient, i will look up any records where possible but strangely, i do have a life also to arrange my time around (for starters i work full time and am currently planning a wedding and 9 months pregnant!!!) So please just be patient.
Thanks
Ceri

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 22 Aug 2007 20:39

Hello!

I have just started a thread for a 1841 look up for a Joseph cartwright in Birmingham area, any chance you could look it up? all the details are in my post!

Thanks, Alison.

ceri

ceri Report 22 Aug 2007 21:36

Hi Alison
I believe someone has provided you with the census results for him now, but let me know if not.
Thanks
Ceri

Gillian

Gillian Report 22 Aug 2007 21:49

Hello Ian
I am trying to find details of Ellen and William Llewellyn Thomas who travelled to America in 1888. William was born in Llandenny, Wales and Ellen in Joyford, Gloucestershire. They sailed on the 19 April 1888 and arrived in New York 10 days later but I do not know where they sailed from or the name of the ship. Ellen was born in 1866 and William in 1867. I'm afraid this is all the information I have.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Gill

ceri

ceri Report 22 Aug 2007 23:20

Hi Gill
The passenger lists i have only start from 1890 unfortunately, i have searched for them anyway and possibly have them on a couple of other sailings.
I dont know if you are interested in knowing about any others or whether it was just this specific one.
Also the name of them is that Ellen Thomas and William Thomas (with a middle name of Llewellyn) or a double barralled surname?
Thanks
Ceri

Mary

Mary Report 23 Aug 2007 07:37

Hi Ian
Could you check the 1861 census for me please for the family Scollon (or Scalron or similar). There might be an Ann born in Yorkshire in c 1835 but she might have been married by then. I don't think the name is very common. Her parents might have been born in Ireland. Sorry I have nothing else.
Thanks
Mary

Camille

Camille Report 23 Aug 2007 09:20

Hello Ian and thanks for your kind offer.
I am looking for my Uncle CHARLES PARSONS born Bradfield, Berks. 1913. I only know he was in WW2 in DCLI as a Cpl.in 1940 when he married in Birmingham to a Hilda Syner.
His Son Nicholas was born Birmingham 1942 at which time CHARLES was in the RAOC AS A Pte.
I have searched for months but have not found a death for either himself or his Son, I think , hopefully they are still alive tho' Charles would now be 93 and his Son 65.
I know they were still living in Warwickshire in 1950 but sadly have no more information on them.
I realise this is a longshot Ian but am desperate to find any of the family if at all possible.
Many thanks if you can help , Regards Lulli

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 Aug 2007 09:26

Hello Ian
Thanks for looking. They definitely sailed in 1888 as I am still in contact with their family all across America. The Llewellyn part of the name was a middle name.
Regards
Gill

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 09:38

Hi Mary
This is strange!
I checked 1861 census for Scollon and came up with only the following.

Bridget Scollon abt 1806 Ireland city Durham
Elizabeth Scollon abt 1834 city, Leicestershire, England city Hertfordshire
John Scollon abt 1842 Ireland city Lancashire
Nicholas Scollon abt 1843 Ireland city Durham
Partrick Scollon abt 1840 Ireland city Lancashire
Patrick Scollon abt 1848 Ireland city Durham
Thomas Scollon abt 1845 Ireland city Durham

You will note that all the above are born Ireland however at the time of census they were in Lancashire or near there.

My search for Scalron came up with nothing.

I then looked on 1851, and it has there is a Ann Scollon abt 1835 and a John Scollon born abt 1832 both born Lancashire!!

I shall have another look for you.
Ceri

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 23 Aug 2007 10:08

Please can you look up a marriage for a Kevin Lee wright probably in London area after 1997 -Thanks-this is for helping someone else!

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 10:18

Hi Lulli
I have found his birth and marriage record:
Birth = 4th Qtr 1913 - Charles Parsons - mothers maiden name = Croen, born in Bradfield, vol 2c page 604

Marriage = 4th Qtr 1940 - Charles Parsons/Hilda Syner @ Birmingham, vol 6d, page 1368.

I have PM you also.
Ceri

Camille

Camille Report 23 Aug 2007 10:26

Thanks for that Ian, will go now to read PM
lULLI X

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 10:28

Lulli,
I cannot find a death record for Nicholas Parsons either in view of this and his age i would assume he is still alive, unless he has died in the last 2 years.

Thanks
Ian

sarahlee

sarahlee Report 23 Aug 2007 10:33

hi can you find any birth certificate information for kevin lee wright 1961 brighton eg parents etc or getrude white possible around 1910 died in 1991

maryann

maryann Report 23 Aug 2007 10:36

Hi Ian, I know this is a long shot but, I'm looking for a MARY ELLEN MAGGS born Bristol 1903 who emigrated to Canada approximately 1920 ish. Now I don't know if she was married or not, not much help I know.

Thanks for the offer.

Regards

Mary

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 23 Aug 2007 10:37

sarah, sophie found you Kevins birth details earlier!

DecemberQ 1961 Brighton Vol page5h 38 Kevin L. WRIGHT
Mother's maiden name JAMES

This is all the info you can get without ordering the cert (and all you need to order it)

Sorry Ian butting in on your thread!-FFF.

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 10:41

Hi Fairlyfatfairy

I have searched Kevin L Wright marriages after 1997, and only found the following ones.

WRIGHT, Kevin L, @ Alton 1998 November
WRIGHT, Kevin L @Colchester 2005 June
WRIGHT, Kevin L @ Depwade 2005 October

Do you know who he married or any further details at all.

Thanks
Ceri

Camille

Camille Report 23 Aug 2007 10:43

Many thanks again Ian , hope remains that I may still be able to find one of them. I will try to make contact with the Charles you found anyway.
Lulli x

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 10:47

Hi Sarah and Fairly fat fairy i believe you to be asking about the same person, maybe contact each other, to swop info.
Ceri

ceri

ceri Report 23 Aug 2007 11:24

Hi Ever Maggs

I found her birth record.
Mary Ellen Maggs - Bristol - 1st Qtr 1903 - vol 6a page 234.

Marriage record
3rd Qtr 1922
Mary E Maggs/Joseph G Thomson @ Bristol, vol 6a page 98

I am having trouble finding her on the passenger lists for Canada, under her maiden name of Maggs or married name of Thomson! Do you know approximately when she died at all?
Thanks
Ceri