Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone want census hunting done?closed see new thr

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 19:29

tell me what you know and i'll see what can find. PLEASE post the info here though, by clicking on 'add a reply' (if you click on my name you'll send me a message - and they are a pain in the do-dah to work from) jess

Claire

Claire Report 17 Nov 2005 19:53

Hi Jess I am trying to find a John Shaddock 1800c he was a shoemaker and he was living in Birmingham in 1850. My information I am afraid is very sketchy but could you see if you can find him on 1851 census? Thanking you Claire

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:00

CLAIRE MAYBE...HE IS A BOOT AND SHOE MAKER, ANY OF THE CHLDREN RING ANY BELLS? Sorry, caps lock was on! 1851 Ann Shaddock abt 1810 Birmingham, Worcestershire, England Wife Redditch Worcestershire Elizabeth R Shaddock abt 1849 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Redditch Worcestershire James C Shaddock abt 1847 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Redditch Worcestershire John Shaddock abt 1809 Bristol St Jacobs Head Redditch Worcestershire Louisa J Shaddock abt 1836 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Redditch Worcestershire Oratia A Shaddock abt 1842 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Redditch Worcestershire Richard H Shaddock abt 1851 Redditch, Worcestershire, England Son Redditch Worcestershire Selina A Shaddock abt 1838 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Redditch Worcestershire Susanna C Shaddock abt 1845 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Redditch Worcestershire

Claire

Claire Report 17 Nov 2005 20:09

Hi Jess I think this could well be my man or one of the relatives. In my research shaddocks keep cropping up all over the place and I cannot quite tie them in. All I know is that his daughter Sarah married in 1850 and the name of her father is John Shaddock shoemaker. Thank you very much I am sure this could be him and it gives me a bit more to work upon. i have another Shaddock who originated from Bristol so I am hoping to link them together. Thank you again Claire

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2005 20:13

Hi Jess I am actually after the images as I had them before but my PC messed up and I lost certain files. I still have certain info as to what the addresses were. Would it be too much to ask for the images if so no problem. The person I'm after is Tom Hardy b1867 Holbeck Leeds in 1891 hes living at 3 Pickering Court in Holbeck Leeds in 1881 living at 14 Frost Fold Holbeck Leeds 1871 living at 26 Potter Street Hunslet Leeds Thanks so much Jess Zoe

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:22

sheila - their are two tabs, ranked and exact- i always use exact- where you can use sound text, its a blue tab, not the beige one at the top of the search box Yes/No/maybe?

~~~Hz by the River~

~~~Hz by the River~ Report 17 Nov 2005 20:22

Hello Jess from Oz, I am looking for : 1901 Census, Thomas Henry Harris and wife Eliza with I hope a brood of littlies, in Chobham Chertsey Surrey. 1871 Census, William F Martin, wife Maria, dau's Fanny, Eliza, sons Harry and William T Martin - the marriage was registered in Marylebone, in 1881 they were at 45 Sussex Road Islington. And Finally, I have in Chobham 1871, so looking for 1861 James Smithers Head Frances Wife would be 25, child Stephen would be 2 yrs were living Burrow Hill. Thank you so much Heather in Australia

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:23

zozo- cant do images , do you have the look ups already, or do you want them done?

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2005 20:24

Still would like lookups please Jess Thanks ever so much Zo

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:28

Jean would have thought they would both have been married by 1901 - any idea on that score? having entered both names none return born Bridlington

Chris

Chris Report 17 Nov 2005 20:31

Hi Jess This is one heck of a long shot. I am looking for a Henry Sockett. The only info I have is that he was a barrister at law. In Cardiff in 1831 he defended Richard Lewis (Dic Penderyn) who was hanged for a crime he didn't commit. Not a lot to go on I know but it's all I have. Chris

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:31

zozo 1881 Annie Hardy abt 1846 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Wife 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Edith Hardy abt 1878 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Elizabeth Hardy abt 1869 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England James Hardy abt 1844 Armley, Yorkshire, England Head 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Minny Hardy abt 1876 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Tom Hardy abt 1867 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Son 14 Frost Fold, Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Occupation: Hurrier Coal Mine < Toms occ fathers Occupation: Grinder Machine Shop (Smith) Source information: RG11/4499 Registration district: Holbeck Sub-registration district: Holbeck ED, institution, or vessel: 33 Folio: 44 Page: 9 -------------------------------------------------------- 1871 calling himself Thomas! Annie Hardy abt 1845 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Wife Leeds Yorkshire Elizabeth Hardy abt 1870 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter Leeds Yorkshire James Hardy abt 1846 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Head Leeds Yorkshire Thomas Hardy abt 1868 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire Source information: RG10/4515 Registration district: Hunslet Sub-registration district: Hunslet ED, institution, or vessel: 39 Folio: 72 Page: 37 ------------------------------------------------- cant see 91 at the moment

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2005 20:35

Thanks again Jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:44

Heather- Chobham and Chertsey are two different places! probably this one Amy Harris abt 1899 Chobham, Surrey, England Daughter Chobham Surrey Charles Harris abt 1894 Chobham, Surrey, England Son Chobham Surrey Edward Harris abt 1896 Chobham, Surrey, England Son Chobham Surrey Eliza Harris abt 1857 Chobham, Surrey, England Wife Chobham Surrey Frances Harris abt 1892 Chobham, Surrey, England Daughter Chobham Surrey George Harris abt 1891 Kilburn, Middlesex, England Son Chobham Surrey Henry Harris abt 1888 Kilburn, Middlesex, England Son Chobham Surrey Joseph Harris abt 1886 Kilburn, Middlesex, England Son Chobham Surrey Thomas H Harris abt 1858 New Cross, Surrey, England Head Chobham Surrey Living at Lime Kiln Hill Thomas is a decorator & painter --------------------------------------------------------------- 1881 for ref Eliza Martin abt 1848 Paddington, Middlesex, England Daughter 45 Sussex Road, Islinston, London, England Fanny Martin abt 1851 Paddington, Middlesex, England Daughter 45 Sussex Road, Islinston, London, England Harry Martin abt 1878 Chelsea, Middlesex, England Grandson 45 Sussex Road, Islinston, London, England Maria Martin abt 1815 Holborn, Middlesex, England Head 45 Sussex Road, Islinston, London, England Florrie Ratcliff abt 1873 Woolwich, Kent, England Niece 45 Sussex Road, Islinston, London, England right 1871 Authur Martin abt 1855 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son Hammersmith London Fanny Martin abt 1851 Paddington, Middlesex, England Daughter Hammersmith London Maria Martin abt 1817 Holborn, Middlesex, England Wife Hammersmith London William Martin abt 1816 White House Thorley, Hertfordshire, England Head Hammersmith London William T Martin abt 1849 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son Hammersmith London Source information: RG10/59 Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: St Paul Hammersmith ED, institution, or vessel: 3a Folio: 100 Page: 63 the address is Richmond rd william is a carpenter but unemployed

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 20:59

heather- cant see your last request - was frances calling herself fanny in 1871 by any chance?

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 21:06

Chris- No Henry Sprockett showing 1851 Wales anywhere not sure what i'd find on census and alike - you may find something in the Times newspaper archives though- Merry Montgommery is your 'man' for that really

Chris

Chris Report 17 Nov 2005 21:15

Jess, Thanks for trying. You wouldn't believe how elusive Henry is. Even the transcripts of the trial are not at the PRO. I don't think I'll ever find him Regards Chris

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 21:28

anita - you really need something a bit more concrete to go on- like where were any that may have been alive in 1901 been born, especially with a name like THOMAS In a place as big as Birmingham, what was his mothers name and maiden name - his birth cert will tell you both of these facts

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Nov 2005 21:31

Jean- what will indentify him? there is 5 for a starter - not are born Bridlington though View Record Arthur Berry abt 1873 Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England Head Dalton Yorkshire View Record Arthur Berry abt 1874 Doncaster, Yorkshire, England Son Doncaster Yorkshire View Record Arthur Berry abt 1874 Lepton, Yorkshire, England Head Lepton Yorkshire View Record Arthur Berry abt 1873 Sowerby, Yorkshire, England Head Sowerby Yorkshire View Record Arthur E Berry abt 1875 Bradford, Yorkshire, England Son Bradford Yorkshire

~~~Hz by the River~

~~~Hz by the River~ Report 17 Nov 2005 21:37

Jess, Thank you, marvellous result. 1861 is a mystery for the Smithers in Chobham I think they hid under the carpet..... I expect Frances could have been Fanny do you have a possibility if so ? I am certain they are in Chobham, have got James in 1851 aged 17, and his family in 1871, 1881, 1891 and 1901, very nice progression. Frances (wife) was Frances Crane if that helps (my g. grandparents). You are so kind and up very late ? I have to go to work now 8.30 Friday am in Oz !! Heather