Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIVRI lookups offered. THREAD 1 **CLOSED**

Page 0 + 1 of 17

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 07:22

The British Isles Vital Records Index is a partial record of 10.4 million birth and christening records and 1.9 million marriage records covering England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The records are dated from 1530 to 1906. Please give us all the information you can and we will see what we can do. Liz & Alicia

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 15 May 2006 10:05

Hi Liz and Alicia, Thank you very much for your kind offer. I am searching for the birth of Job Fry, circa 1800, Somerset, England and marriage to Elizabeth ? sorry no further details. The only information I have found to date is Family Search IGI where it states a son Henry Fry born 1819 Paulton Somerset, parents Job and Elizabeth Fry. Would be wonderful if any information could be found. Thank you both very much once again. Elizabeth.

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 10:28

Hi Elizabeth, Sorry, I couldn't find any birth or marriage matches for your Job Fry b. 1800 Somerset. I did however find this... Caroline Fry b. 28 Dec 1848 c. 29 Jan 1849 Wesleyan Methodist, Carlingcott, Somerset Father: Job Henry Fry Mother Mary I would be interested to hear what you think! Alicia x

TeresainWirral

TeresainWirral Report 15 May 2006 10:42

Hi please could you look up a David Rea (may be spelt RAE) born 1868 County Antrim Ireland. Thank you Teresa

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 11:03

Hi Sarah, Sorry there were no matches for the marriage of Peter's parents in 1842 in Aberdeen. Here are a few possibilities for Peter Milne's birth... Peter b. 26 Jul 1850 c. 15 Dec 1850 Associate Session Congregation, Lochlee, Angus, Scotland Father: David Milne Mother: Janet Haxton --------------------------- Peter b. 7 Jun 1850 Abbey (Paisley), Renfrew, Scotland Father John Milne Mother: Isabella Drumond -------------------------------- Peter b. 6 Jul 1853 St Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Scotland Father: Peter Milne Mother: Isabella McMillan ------------------------------ Be very interested to see what you think. Alicia x

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 15 May 2006 11:06

Hi Liz and Alicia, Would it be possible to look up for a marrage in caithness, scotland please? John Campbell and Helen Henry ( i don't know their dates of birth) but they had a son John Campbell dob 1867 who married \\janet Bremner dob 1865 on 20/08/1886. And if you could find out who their parents were I would be very gratefull. Thankyou for your time and help i this. yvonne

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 15 May 2006 11:07

Hi Alicia, Thank you so much for the look up on Fry and for the additional information on Job Henry Fry and daughter Caroline. Yes thank you I do have this information, Job Henry was also a son of Job and Elizabeth. Many thanks once again. Elizabeth

Edward

Edward Report 15 May 2006 11:08

HI . Would it be possible for you to look up a Joseph.W.Beattie born C:-1880 in Dumfries Scotland. Would also be interested in a marriage for same. I know nothing else about him Regards Ted

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 11:12

Hi Teresa, There are two born in 1868!!! David Rea b. 9 Mar 1868 Glenarm, Antrim, Ireland Father: David Rea Mother: Eliza Jane Cane ------------------------------- David Rae b. 19 Mar 1868 Ballycarry, Antrim, Ireland Father: William Rae Mother: Sarah Young --------------------------- If neither of these is yours there is also a David Rea in 1869 in Antrim!! Alicia x

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 15 May 2006 11:12

Hi Liz Your turn to try and help me this time lol Can you please see if you can find Parents of Annie morgan b;1869 Bridgnorth Shropshire. We know her Father is Edwin Morgan b;1837 Shropshire who's Occ: Quarry Man Annie Married Albert James Owen in 1896 Glanford Brigg. leicestershire.. But it is her Mother we are stuck with.... Annie died in 1954 in Crewe Cheshire. I have searched for her birth but had problems locating her We have searched for Census and can only find an Edward / Edwin with a daughter Annie so we are stuck Can you help me? Lesley :~)

TeresainWirral

TeresainWirral Report 15 May 2006 11:22

Hi thank you for the look up its the second David Rea that mine. Best wishes Teresa

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 11:25

Hi Yvonne, Sorry, no matches for a marriage of John Campbell to Helen Henry in Caithness. There was one possibility for John's birth: John Campbell b. Nov 1839 c. 6 Jan 1840 Thurso, Caithness, Scotland Father: Angus Campbell Mother: Henrietta Morrison Don't know this is of any help to you at all? Alicia x

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 15 May 2006 11:31

Hi Liz and Alicia, Thankyou for the info on john cambell, I can now try and trace them . through a census and see if I can get any info on them there. yvonne

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 11:32

Sorry, Ted I couldn't find any matches for either a birth or marriage for Joseph W. Beattie b. ca 1880 Dumfries. Sorry Alicia :~(

Tracy

Tracy Report 15 May 2006 11:39

hi liz 'n' alicia could you do a death look up for me please im looking for an elizabeth smith born abt 1893 in carnforth, lancaster to a richard james smith and margaret ann (nee craig), she died in her early 30's at lancaster, i beleieve she never married, my gran was 9 when elizabeth died so it would be somewhere around 1924/25 thank you tracy

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 11:50

Sorry Sarah, I just can't see any matches for George Drummond, Isabella Sim or Archibald. Alicia :~(

Marcie

Marcie Report 15 May 2006 12:05

hi hoping you can help please, i,m looking for the birth of john doggett in st.albans herts c1800, also the marriage of william anthony to harriett in the south mimms area c 1825, appreciate your time and help marcie x

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 12:10

Hi Lesley, Sorry no joy! I checked for Annie's birth in Bridgnorth but there were no matches. Also tried Edwin/Edwards marriage but there were no matches again. :~( The discs have only 87 marriages in Leicestershire and Annie's is not one of them!!!!!! Lol :~( Sorry again Liz x

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 15 May 2006 12:13

Hi Tracy, The BIVRI only contains Births, Christenings & Marriages - no Deaths. Sorry Alicia x

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 15 May 2006 12:20

Thank you so Much for looking Liz :~) Didnt think you would find them...grrrr Not your fault they just being very difficult fancy calling your child Annie....Ha she is also Hannah Anner Ann...... Thank you again lesley :~)