Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for death of Joan Wright nee Potter

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 12:39

Joan Potter was born 17 Nov 1937, Church Street, Rugeley. Father Arthur Wyndham Potter, Mother Amelia Ann potter nee Jones. (info from Joan's birth certificate).

Joan married John Henry Wright, 20 May 1957, in Hayes, Middx. ( I have the marriage certificate).

When Joan died, she was living at 25 Parana Road, Sprowston, Norwich, Norfolk. Not sure if/when John died.

I was told Joan died about 2015.

I am wanting to order her death certificate, have searched GRO, FMP and Ancestry, for the GRO reference number to enable me to order the certificate, and I cant find it.

Have also searched the ER for both her and John, at 25 Parana Road, to narrow down the timeline of her death, but I couldn't find them on there either, and looked for them in other trees on GR and Ancestry.

Also searched for an obituary and couldn't find one.

I would be really grateful if you could kindly have a look to see if you can find the GRO reference number for me, I don't need any other information other than that, I have everything I need on Joan's family, and I think I have traced John's family, his father was Richard H Wright, and I believe his wife 's maiden name is Gough, but that's work in progress, its just the GRO reference I am after for the moment.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 12:49

In view of previous posts, have you looked for a death in years OTHER than 2015?

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 12:51

I have, 2001 to 2020

I have even searched on GRO by just putting in the surname Wright and female, but using Norfolk as the area.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 13:10

Was her name definitely Wright at death?

As before - how reliable is your ‘source’?

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 13:16

I did think it was possible that she re married, but it has never been mentioned.

My Mum told me she died about 2015, they are first cousins.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Jul 2021 13:19

Are there other family members to ask for details.? If they can help you might not need the death certificate.

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 13:21

There are a couple of relatives who I could ask.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 14:15

The address you mention was sold in July 2016

BTW, ''Norfolk' is not a registration district

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Jul 2021 14:17

Deborah mentions on her OP that she doesn’t know. Hopefully she will check things with her relatives.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 14:23

First name(s) Joan
Last name English
Year 2002-06
House number 25
Street Parana Road
Town Norwich
County Norfolk
Country England
Postcode NR7 8BJ
Address 25, Parana Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 8BJ********************************
Occupancy - 5 years

??????????????

First name(s) Joan
Last name Wright
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1971
Joan Wright married
Edward J English
District Enfield
District number -
County Middlesex
Country

ENGLISH, JOAN 1937
GRO Reference: DOR Q1/2012 in ESSEX (463-1F) Entry Number 506016976

The above M&D records are speculation ONLY

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 14:24

I don't know if he is still alive or not, thank you for the information on the address being sold in 2016.

They have 3 children but I don't have contact details for them, I will see if I can trace them.

I appreciate you looking for me. Thank you.

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 14:26

I have just seen your post with a marriage to an Edward English, thank you, I will look under that name.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 14:29

Deleted my question about the hubby - eventually managed to read through ALL of your OP

Did you see the ER info?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Jul 2021 14:32

How do you know Joan's address when she died , if you don't have the death cert?

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 14:36

I did see it, yes thank you ErikaH, sorry about the 2 posts, it was a mistake, pressed send twice.

That is definitely the address I had for Joan, her parents lived in the same road at number 3.

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 14:41

AG, through family members we were told she stayed in Norfolk where she died, and it was the last address we had for her.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2021 14:43

An 'Edward J English' was at a different address in Norwich in 2002

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Jul 2021 14:53

A tree on Ancestry claims that John Henry Wright (mmn Gough) died "about 2007" in South Africa - but doesn't give any proof.

The tree also doesn't mention Joan.
Just "Unknown spouse".

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 14:53

I have deleted the thread, sorry about that, my laptop was being really slow, so I pressed send again thinking I hadn't done it in the first place.

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2021 15:01

Thank you AG, I haven't researched John Henry, but the MC says he lived at 6a New Parade, Hayes End, at time of marriage, and Fathers name was Richard (middle name begins with H, but its smudged) occ Greengrocers inspector.

Saw a tree with Richard H Wright, and the wife's maiden name Gough, but didn't look any further.