Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR BEATIE TURNER OR A RELATIVE OF HERS

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 16 Jan 2019 00:54

Hello, My name is Julia Turner and my cousin and I are looking for a lady by the name of Beatie Turner (this is how she signed and spelled her name). In Nov or Dec 1961 Beatie wrote to my Father - Alfred Frank Turner who lived in Lancing. Beatie gave her address as Palmer's Green in London. She is also in my father's address book under another address in Bridport in Dorset but this could be before or after 1961. Beatie also contacted my father again in possibly the late 60's or early 70's but I don't have the contents of the letters, just the torn off address and her signature, but I believe the letter was asking my father for help with another family member. I cannot find any trace of this lady or who the other member of the family is - I would love to track them down - perhaps we still have an unknown person to add to our diminishing numbers - that would be fantastic. Lastly, my cousin (Dad's brother's daughter) does remember her Father talking about an Auntie Beatie. If anyone has any information or tips I would be grateful. I will check back from time to time and will reply to any one who gets in touch. Many thanks in advance. Julia

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jan 2019 09:48

This is the only birth anywhere that I can find with this spelling of the first name:-

First name(s) BEATIE E
Last name TURNER
Birth year 1930
Birth quarter 1
Registration month -
Mother's maiden name Mays
District Kington
County Herefordshire
Country England
Volume 6A
Page 706
Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records

Do you recognise the mother's maiden name "Mays"?

There is this marriage which seems to be the same person:-

First name(s) BEATIE E
Last name TURNER
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1951
Registration month -
MarriageFinder ™

BEATIE E TURNER married one of these people

Donald C Canvin

Spouse's last name Canvin
District Kington
District number -
County Herefordshire
Country England
Volume 9A
Volume as transcribed 9A
Page number 123
Record set England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005

However this marriage is before the date when you say "your" Beatie wrote to your father using the Turner surname and this wouldn't be the case for this lady as she would be Beatie Canvin at this time.

If you could say when your father was born and where, we could perhaps try to find relatives of his through his birth.

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 10:21

Is this your father?

First name(s) Alfred Frank
Last name Turner
Title Mr
Sex Male
Age 48
Birth year 1960
Birth date 04 Oct 1960
Death year 2008
Death date 01 Mar 2008
Place Lancing
Area Brighton
Geo direction South East
Postcode area BN
Postcode district BN15
Postcode sector BN15 0

Problem is, can't see a matching birth in England/Wales

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Jan 2019 10:50

Could she have been a Turner by marriage though

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2019 12:06

Beatrice known as Beatie?

malyon

malyon Report 16 Jan 2019 12:08

could her name be beatrice

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Jan 2019 15:36

If you feel you can share the address in Palmers Green, either on here, or by PM to me, perhaps I / we could find her in Electoral Rolls, and see who she's living with, if anyone.

There's a Beatrice A Turner in Enfield in the 1960's.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Jan 2019 15:38

The Alfred Frank Turner who died in 2008 wasn't Julia's father - he was only born in 1960.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 18:23

We need feedback from Julia with regard to her father's dates

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2019 18:32

Julia has sent a PM acknowledging posts. Have asked her to reply on the thread.

Julia

Julia Report 16 Jan 2019 18:35

Many thanks to everyone who has replied to my request. I realise now that I should have given a bit more in the way of information as it is possible that Beatie Turner is no longer living, but she may have children perhaps. My cousin tells me that her father (my Dad's brother) mentioned an Auntie Beatie way back in perhaps the 40's or 50's but my father never mentioned Beatie ever! So we know she existed as she wrote to my father in 1961 but we do not know how she is connected to the Turner family. My Dad and his brother were born in Holborn, my Dad in 1912 and he then moved to Lancing in 1956 and died in Worthing in 2008. We are wondering if Beatie was a carer for a family member or perhaps her own child as I vaguely remember the letter asking my Dad for help with this person but he would not discuss it with me. However we don't seem to find any connections to her despite having had many conversations with my father about family history before he died. Thanks again everyone.

Julia

Julia Report 16 Jan 2019 18:36

Many thanks to everyone who has replied to my request. I realise now that I should have given a bit more in the way of information as it is possible that Beatie Turner is no longer living, but she may have children perhaps. My cousin tells me that her father (my Dad's brother) mentioned an Auntie Beatie way back in perhaps the 40's or 50's but my father never mentioned Beatie ever! So we know she existed as she wrote to my father in 1961 but we do not know how she is connected to the Turner family. My Dad and his brother were born in Holborn, my Dad in 1912 and he then moved to Lancing in 1956 and died in Worthing in 2008. We are wondering if Beatie was a carer for a family member or perhaps her own child as I vaguely remember the letter asking my Dad for help with this person but he would not discuss it with me. However we don't seem to find any connections to her despite having had many conversations with my father about family history before he died. Thanks again everyone.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 18:40

A firm basis for searches

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Turner Alfred F Bartlett Holborn 1b 1263

Was there a younger sister?
Births Sep 1921 (>99%)
TURNER Eileen M Bartlett Holborn 1b 1142

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 18:42

?Parents?

Marriages Sep 1907 (>99%)
BARTLETT Amelia Holborn 1b 1524
TURNER Edward Alfred Holborn 1b 1524

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 18:43

1911 Census For England & Wales
68 Moreland Street City Road E C, St Luke, London & Middlesex, England

Edward Turner Head Married Male 30 1881 House Decorator London Islington
Amelia Turner Wife Married Female 30 1881 - London Finsbury
Edward Turner Son - Male 2 1909 - London Finsbury

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 18:44

Edward Turner Head Married Male 48 1853 Job Buyer & Seller Holborn, Middlesex, England
Florence Turner Wife Married Female 40 1861 - Islington, Middlesex, England
Edward Turner Son Single Male 20 1881 Plumbers Mate Islington, Middlesex, England
Thomas Turner Son Single Male 13 1888 Doctors Boy Islington, Middlesex, England
Frank Turner Son - Male 10 1891 - Islington, Middlesex, England
D J Murrey Boarder Single Male 20 1881 Sorter Telegraphist Ireland
Robert Whiteside Boarder Single Male 20 1881 Sorter Telegraphist Ireland

Did any of the brothers marry a Beatie - or Beatrice?

Julia

Julia Report 16 Jan 2019 18:53

Yes that sound like my Dad - born 31 Jan 1912 to Amelia Bartlett. I have never heard of another child though - he had an older brother but I have never heard of a sister!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Jan 2019 19:00

TURNER, EDWARD HENRY mms BARTLETT
GRO Reference: 1908 S Quarter in HOLBORN Volume 01B Page 587

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jan 2019 19:07

23 Fairfield Road , Bromley M.B., Kent, England

Amelia Turner 09 Jul 1881 Female Domestic Duties Unpaid Married 245 2
Edward G Turner 15 Aug 1880 Male Plumber Decorator (Own Account) Married 245 1
Edmond H Turner 17 Jun 1908 Male Secretary & Heating Engineer Single 245 3
Alfred T Turner 31 Jan 1912 Male Optical Spectacle Frame Maker Single 245 4
Elizabeth Glennie 17 Oct 1860 Female Incapacitated Widowed 245 5

Julia

Julia Report 16 Jan 2019 19:08

Erika H - actually yes - the Edward Turner - plumber's mate - was my grandfather and his brother Frank married a Florence Beatrice Husson who was born in 1895. It is possible that she is the Auntie Beatie my cousin's Dad spoke of, and as she would have been in her mid 60's when she wrote to my father in 1961 it would make sense that she could have been asking for help to care for someone. However, the other address I have in my Dad's address book is St Andrew's Road in Bridport in Dorset but no date for when this was. I shall look into this further. Thank you.