Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my mum's half brother and sister.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 11 Aug 2014 23:09

I am trying to help my mum find her brother and sister. I have found the sisters records and know that she was born in 1947 in essex and is called Carol A S Lincoln. Believe she may have moved to Australia but not sure. Believe the brother is called Michael. Their mother's maiden name was Madgwick and the father who is my grandad is Philip A Lincoln. If you know anything or can help me as I am new to this and don't really know what I am doing it would really help.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Aug 2014 23:41

If you look on FreeBMD for births you will find the brother.

Use Lincoln for the surname and Madgwick for the mother's maiden name.

Michael could be one of his middle names.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Aug 2014 01:04

Mother remarried to a Collins and had a son but I don't see them.

Did the whole family move to Australia?

Joanna

Joanna Report 12 Aug 2014 01:22

I have no idea my granddad's sister kept In contact for a while but she died 10years ago and my mum never tried to find them or asked about them cause she didn't want to upset my grandma. From what I can find for the brother I think he may have been called Philip after my grandad and had Michael as a middle name.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Aug 2014 02:54

There was also a Fiona but she was born later and might not be Philip's daughter.

Myrle's sister's husband (Roy) has a tree on the site but unfortunately, he died in 2011.

Rose

Flip

Flip Report 12 Aug 2014 06:12

You could try writing to Myrle's surviving nephew - he may be able to shed light on what happened to his cousins, or may even still be in contact with them.

He's an active company director, but home address not given .. if anyone can do an ER lookup I can PM the full name.

ADDED: forget that, they are in the phone book, will PM the address

Joanna

Joanna Report 12 Aug 2014 11:19

Fiona isn't Philips daughter as when she was born is when he was with my grandma Evelyn bainbridge.

Thanks flip will give it a go.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Aug 2014 18:57

Myrle remarriage

Name: Myrle E C Lincoln
Spouse Surname: Collins
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1955
Registration district: Watford
Inferred County: Hertfordshire
Volume Number: 4b
Page Number: 557
Find Spouse: Thomas Collins

his record

Name: Thomas Collins
Spouse Surname: Madgwick Or Lincoln
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1955
Registration district: Watford
Inferred County: Hertfordshire
Volume Number: 4b
Page Number: 557
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

they seem to have one son Roderick and possibly more from 1955 to possible 1971

Carol

Carol Report 12 Jan 2021 09:59

Oh goodness, I have no idea if this is going where I want it to. I want to reply to the post above from Joanna. I am the Carol she is looking for and I want to contact her but her post is 6yrs old and she may not be checking it anymore. Please get back to me if you are in her circle of family or friends using this site.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Jan 2021 10:43

Joanna is no longer a member of this site, so there is no way to make contact

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jan 2021 14:44

I thought pm's still went through if you had kept the same email address.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2021 15:00

You can't send a message to someone whose name is not recorded. You can click on Joanna's name and try, if you like!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jan 2021 15:26

I'm not quite sure what you meant in the first sentence. But the query was meant to mean pming the original poster. It is always worth having a go at pming the poster of an old thread as you never know....

Surely it is also possible that Joanna is still paying the sub but just not appearing to be active.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2021 15:40

Have you clicked on Joanna's name?

What message did you get?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jan 2021 15:41

If you click on Joanna ,s name it doesn’t come up with her name meaning the account is no longer active and she cannot be contacted

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jan 2021 15:42

Erika - this is Names not Carol.

Names

Edit:Ok I did give that a go and see what you were getting at.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2021 15:47

Thank you!!!

And I know to whom I am responding ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jan 2021 18:20

Not sure who all you luvly ppl are but thanx for help. I have tried to click on Joanna's name and yes it would not fill her name or send. I am stumped. Another tree on this site has my mother's name in it and I messg'd them but no reply. I have no way of finding Joanna's surname. Not even sure of her mother's first name. Births from my father's 2nd marriage (joanna's grandparents) were found with 2 daughters but no marriages listed for either, So dead ends all around. I am only paid up for a month and have used most of the credits. Not sure where to go from here.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2021 20:24

It can’t be very many days since you sent your message - give the person time to see your message and to react.

Don’t use this site for research - it’s not the best, to put it mildly.

Use freebmd which covers England/Wales to 1984

Carol

Carol Report 15 Jan 2021 21:06

thank you Erika, I agree with assessment, am finding this site very difficult. Still hoping for a reply but have a feeling it will come up empty.

thanks too for the freebmd tip but I need at least a name to search and have reached dead ends in all directions. I have one possibility left to follow but it will take time.

btw, I am in Canada not Australia as someone thought, just in case that helps ring a bell somewhere.