Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What has happened to Genes book club for June????

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2015 08:24

I have just checked and my June message has not even been opened.
I have heard absolutely nothing. Seems like a waste of time this time. I just thought I had not been chosen. I do wish they would put something on the board if it has gone wrong.

Has anything been heard by anyone? :-( :-(

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 13 Jul 2015 08:33

Mine's the same Ann.

I wonder if they are waiting for more people to sign up? Only 26 people appear to have read the post.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2015 08:41

Surely though they should say something, or even stick to the closing date and send out those they have. I haven't checked the facebook site though as I don't go on there, they probably made an announcement on there.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 13 Jul 2015 08:44

Same for me Ann. They could be stopping the Book Club if not enough people are responding but it would be nice to know.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 13 Jul 2015 08:46

Just had another look at the original announcement. Pammy, there have been 76 views, not 26. Should have gone to Specsavers :-D

EDIT. The announcement also says books will be sent out after 19th June. Doesn't say how long after!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2015 09:29

I changed the title hoping genes will notice it. Only 26 views on this board Vera.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 13 Jul 2015 09:56

Oops. Sorry Pammy, I thought you were talking about the original post on the announcements board

Whizz

Whizz Report 13 Jul 2015 10:15

My understanding is that once Genes Reunited have their list of recipients they give that to Penguin. From there it is really out of their hands. It probably isn't a high priority to Penguin. My experience is that the books do turn up eventually. At the end of the day they are free books?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2015 10:30

We are not complaining about that Whizz. We are saying Genes have not opened the message asking to be considered. And I am sure we all appreciate they are free books. If they have not opened the messages they can't know who applied so therefore can't have passed our names to penguin.

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 Jul 2015 06:41

Mine is unopened as well.

Do they have a bookclub support person?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2015 09:41

Not that I know of Perse

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 Jul 2015 11:32

:-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2015 16:38

I have added a thread to the suggestions board, maybe that will help.

Persephone

Persephone Report 15 Jul 2015 01:23

maybe is the operative word.. it also comes in front of the word not.

Whizz

Whizz Report 15 Jul 2015 17:18

Oh my. Apologies all. I thought I'd had a reply for the June book but I was mistaken.

Whizz

Whizz Report 15 Jul 2015 17:25

Have emailed support to see if that yields a response. Fingers crossed.

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 16 Jul 2015 08:52

Morning everyone

The CM doesn't look after the Book Club unfortunately however I have asked my colleague who is supporting this to give me an update. Once I receive a reply from them, I shall update this post again.

Thank you for your patience - this is I can assure you being investigated.

Alison

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 16 Jul 2015 09:08

Thank you Alison

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2015 11:23

Thank you Alison, I didn't think you looked after the book club but was sure you could put us in the right direction.

Persephone

Persephone Report 16 Jul 2015 13:40

Cheers Alison

Persie