General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2000 (8pm) this evening

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2021 15:27

Boris Johnson will make a televised address at 20:00 GMT tonight as No 10 says further steps must now be taken to address a surge in coronavirus cases.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jan 2021 15:38

NS. made a statement full lockdown in Scotland from midnight tonight if BJ does the same we are in a situation going back to last year .once the vaccines are given & lockdown is done surely we should see an improvement from recent figures it's frightening how many people are ill others losing their lives stay safe All Barbara

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Jan 2021 15:41

I hope he does not droll on too long otherwise he will interfere with my anticipated watching ‘Still Open All Hours’. ;-)

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 4 Jan 2021 16:23

The thing is, what else can they do? The virus doesn't have legs, it is spread by people mixing in various ways. They can't do nothing, but what will stop people mixing?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2021 16:24

The reason the restrictions don’ work are the number of people who still feel they don’t apply to them and insist on deliberately causing problems by holding/attending raves.

Maddie

Maddie Report 4 Jan 2021 16:27

but who is going to enforce it
the idiots not compling now will contiue

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Jan 2021 16:30

Absolutely right and it it not just the young.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Jan 2021 16:34

Yes AnninGloss that is my opinion too, they should have a gun held to their heads and made to listen to and obey the rules, like has been said the virus is spread by people and those people are to blame.

Island

Island Report 4 Jan 2021 17:01

Someone should have held a gun to Dominic Cummings head - the leader of the 'rules don't apply to me' movement.

Boris should have then taken a leaf out of Jacinda Ardern's book.

Useless self serving shower.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Jan 2021 17:39

Well they should bring in the army to patrol the streets etc..Hard line but thats the only way i think.

Florence in the hebrides

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 4 Jan 2021 17:51

What may have stopped most people mixing, Franny, was Boris forbidding them to do so on Christmas day. My older sis and her dtr have both tested positive after beiing together on Xmas Day with grandchildren and sil. If the government had not allowed it, they would not have done so.

And now ..... primary achools were to open today (some refused, thankfully) yet we are now expecting Boris to introduce a lockdown this evening. My God, what is wrong with the man to wait to introduce another lockdown until ps children have mixed in school for the day! Perhaps he is, as I write, thinking of introducing a Tier 5 instead of a national lockdown! I wouldn't put it past him.

You know that expression, 'He'll be late for his own funeral' .....

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Jan 2021 19:28

It will be interesting to see what he has to say, what new rules are brought in and whether the arrogant people will do as they are told.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 4 Jan 2021 19:49

Everybody in tier 4 then no going out

But if he wants tier 4 lockdown then he should SHUT ALL AIRPORTS for travellers going in or out.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 4 Jan 2021 19:49

Everybody in tier 4 then no going out

But if he wants tier 4 lockdown then he should SHUT ALL AIRPORTS for travellers going in or out.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jan 2021 20:29

Every body slateing Boris but it's the people not listening to his advise if we stay in don't mix keep our distance stop going to the Cairngorns Brecon Beacons ..stop congregating in areas they shouldn't may be this Covid will go away but it's going to be s long time even with the vaccines before we see any improvement Barbara

Island

Island Report 4 Jan 2021 20:32

DOMINIC CUMMINGS!!!!!

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jan 2021 20:58

He is history the prat

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jan 2021 21:00

People need to do as asked for goodness sake our country is falling apart

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 4 Jan 2021 21:14

Listening to his advice did it for some people, Barbara, especially that about Christmas Day.

Think for yourself is what I do. We could all see covid numbers rising as Christmas approached so why let loose of the reins for one day!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jan 2021 21:30

Strange how the number of cases rose August - what happened then? Oh yes, 'Eat Out to Help Out'.
Then we had a rise in numbers of infections in October - what happened then?
Oh yes - the schools went back in September.

It's not rocket science to realise that 30+ children in a classroom are going to pick up the virus - I mean we all know how quickly illnesses can pass through a classroom - or even nits!
Children go home,(usually in groups) pass it on. Parents go to work, and pass it on there etc etc.

As for not listening to Johnson - well, they did in August, they did in September - and looked at what happened!

The scientists said school shouldn't open, Starmer said schools shouldn't open. Boris insisted, and a day later did YET ANOTHER 'U' turn.

So which 'declarations' by the Major Catastrophe that goes by the name of Johnson should we listen to? The first ones or the ones he gives a few days later?