General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The deal is done.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 15:15

It seems Brexit has been agreed.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 15:30

Thank goodness for that :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Dec 2020 15:50

The new shoes will pinch.
Before long they will be intolerable.

It is a terrible deal for the UK and may well drive the disintegration of the Union. Like most bad deals it will start to come apart before the ink is dry.

Ursula van de Layen has done a good job for the EU.
She has made no concessions vis a vis the Single Market or Customs Union. The EU fishermen retain full rights for 5.5 years by which time anything could happen. The EU can vary UK trading rights at the drop of a hat though the idiot Frost has not noticed as yet. There is a forest of obstacles against free trade with the EU for both physical goods and agriculture. What is there for the massive UK services sector ?

Johnson & Co have made the classic beginners mistakes with negotiations of playing weak hands face up and then trying to win all of them. It is difficult not to think that the recent French blockade was not a show of force designed to scare Johnson into a deal - though they deny it of course.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 15:52

We will suck it up and get on with it

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 15:55

Obviously an incredibly fast reader. Didn’t think the agreement had actually been published yet.

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Dec 2020 15:57

Crossed the red line. Peace at last.

Now what else can we discuss interminably ?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 15:57

Maybe it is on youtube or google already :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Dec 2020 15:58

Funny how no one seems to question where the new strain of the virus may have come from....any chance it may have come in over the channel? In which case pointless doing a blockade.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 15:59

Anything cheerful and not depressing Dermot,life is too short without doom and gloom overshadowing it

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Dec 2020 16:29

LaGooner - some fail to acknowledge peace & harmony following years of stressed deliberations.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 16:35

Some people are just doom and gloom merchants. Life is never easy and never has been for me but I always keep positive :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Dec 2020 16:52

Good for you LaG. We’re not unrealistic. We can see trouble ahead. We all know it’s not the deal we would have wanted and fwiw I voted Remain, but it’s what we’ve got so let’s stop moaning and get on with it.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 16:56

Too right Vera life is always troubled in one way or another but I for one and I think I speak for many, don't want it pushed down our throats all the time.

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2020 17:19

Dermot. You don't discuss anything! You spam 'chat' with random comments and quickly move on to your next 'offering'.
I'm glad you deleted yesterdays badly timed topic though. Well done.

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2020 17:20

LG <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Dec 2020 17:22

Island <3 back at yer :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Dec 2020 19:20

About time gone on long enough lets leave it to the so called EXPERTS lets get on with the future & lives xx ITS CHRISTMAS ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Dec 2020 01:19

Viruses mutate all the time, (think of flu) it doesn't have to 'come' from anywhere!

Kense

Kense Report 26 Dec 2020 10:59

Did anyone take up Boris's suggestion of reading the deal document after Christmas lunch?

Von

Von Report 26 Dec 2020 11:54

Certainly not. Why depress myself further on Christmas Day.

It will all come to light in the fullness of time. :-(