General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

People don't learn and don't care

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Dec 2020 12:31

I see that people have resumed the panic buying of the beginning of the year? I wonder how much of the fresh veg bought will end up being thrown away. Absolutely no need to buy stuff just because you can. So greedy and thoughtless some people.

Iris

Iris Report 22 Dec 2020 15:03

i couldn't agree more .we went to our local Waitrose at 8 am this morning , people were queuing round the car park and out onto the road , stood their for 30 minutes ,hardly moved, a few people were coming out ,loaded to the gills ...in the end we gave up as hubby had a doctors appointment . i went with him , it was a small village with a Jepson's store ,i managed to get all but 2 things on my list ....some times it pays to go to a small shop ,and i walked straight in ..
iris :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Dec 2020 15:24

Waitrose turkey collection days are a nightmare. Not good days to do any ordinary shop and the roads are blocked so there is no point even trying to go onto Tesco’s instead.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2020 15:29

I expect some people thought they were going to a relation for Christmas - then found out on Saturday evening that they weren't!

This would then entail buying some food if they wanted to have a 'Christmas', so yes, they could be accused of 'panic buying' - they had no food in!
Not sure whose fault that was. I mean, if they'd bought food, even though they were going away, they'd be accused of being greedy.
They buy food because they're not going away - they're accused of 'panic buying'.

Or, could be in the same situation as my sister. She had a delivery booked.
It never turned up. When she contacted them to find out when it would be delivered - she was told it wasn't!
So, she had her Christmas shopping arranged, a delivery - so she wouldn't have to go out and 'panic buy' - but it transpires she DID have to 'panic buy' or have a hungry Christmas.
Again - not sure whose fault that was.

If you went to a supermarket this morning - weren't you 'panic buying'?
Or is your shopping not for greed or panic, but everyone elses' is?
I mean, it's December 22nd. The reason for the queue was probably because they were limiting the number of customers.
I popped into town this morning for a pint of milk. I wasn't 'panic buying' - I have some in the fridge - I was getting some exercise.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Dec 2020 15:31

What a nightmare Maggie!

Florence in the hebrides

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2020 16:02

My journey wasn't a nightmare, Florence, I just saw people, like me, shopping! :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Dec 2020 16:13

Maggie,I meant what a nightmare for your sister!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2020 16:28

Oh yes - she was due to have it delivered on Saturday.
It was food for Christmas and a couple of weeks after - so she wouldn't have to go out.
She had to go and do a 'big shop' yesterday :-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Dec 2020 18:41

Scaremongering

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 22 Dec 2020 18:50

If it wasn’t for the last minute nothing would be done.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 22 Dec 2020 20:08

RTR, you put competent and govt in the same sentence????

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 Dec 2020 20:23

That should read all parties and MP's none of them have anything but smirks and lies

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2020 20:33

Not sure the other political parties - who offered to set up a joint party committee to cover covid, but were rejected by Johnson, have had any dealings with this - so, yes, it IS all down to the current Government in power.
If other political parties had been involved, Johnson couldn't have given billions of pounds worth of contracts to his 'chums' - who had neither the facilities nor the know-how to fulfill their contracts, hence a useless track & trace, PPE that is unuseable etc etc

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 Dec 2020 20:39

I am not talking just about Covid

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2020 20:48

Well Brexit was Johnson's 'baby', nothing to do with any other party
Surely it was 'Oven Ready', as Johnson said 'Stick it in the microwave at gas mark 4'.
Which should have sent out a warning to most people :-S

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Dec 2020 07:34

The respect is gone. The appreciation is gone.
The “thank you so much for working through this” has been replaced by “this is ridiculous”.
Understandably the frustration felt by patients and their relatives is at an all time high. The annoyed eye rolls and huffy sighs when you tell them “it shouldn’t be much longer, we are doing the best we can” are really starting to chip away at our morale.
The free coffee and meals are a thing of the past.
The hotel lights in the shape of hearts aren’t on anymore.
The neighbours that waved us off to work and told us to “stay safe” have gone back inside.
And the local rag is back to pointing out our short comings.
We are still here. We are still fighting. We are working harder than we ever have.
We are exhausted.
We are frustrated.
We are so emotionally and physically drained.
We are skipping breaks.
We are going in early and coming home late.
We are missing time with our families. We are doing THE. BEST. WE. CAN.
We aren’t “healthcare heroes” anymore. We have become slaves to this pandemic, and it is really exhausting.
?? RESPECT THE NHS ??
#respecttheNHS

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Dec 2020 09:12

On a lighter note, shouldn't the queues outside Waitrose be known as 'Waitrose Wait Rows'? :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Dec 2020 09:19

Test cues (Tesco’s)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Dec 2020 09:41

:-D :-D :-D

Lidl bit of queuing

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Dec 2020 09:48

A(l)l di stance spacing I hope.