General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Da da da da da da da, da da da da da! 2020

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 17 Oct 2020 09:05

Strictly Come Dancing begins tonight.

The contestants are

Jamie Laing

HRVY

Jacqui Smith

Maisie Smith

JJ Chalmers

Bill Bailey

Nicola Adams

Clara Amfo

Ranvir Singh

Max George

Jason Bell

Caroline Quentin

Fluff up your tulle, chalk your shoes and off we go.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Oct 2020 22:31

took a bit of getting used to but I think they did a pretty good job there. Little Maisie looks like a good one, and HRVY too. Notice Anton has got the one most likely not to!! :-) :-)

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 17 Oct 2020 22:47

I must lead a sheltered life, I've only heard of 4 of them :-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 18 Oct 2020 04:20

Once they had a dance at the end, I thought yes we're back :-)

I agree ShelleyRose but I recognised a few more :-)

Didn't Maisie win the Xmas Special last year :-0

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Oct 2020 08:15

Yes she did with Kevin. She is certainly good but there may well be somebody better of course.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 18 Oct 2020 09:11

Yay, the gang are all here! :-D :-D

I missed the opening show, but just caught up on i-player. I recognise 7 of them, but I guess I will learn about the rest as the weeks progress.

All the safety is in place with screens, and I did not notice it after the first couple of minutes.

Yep, as Belle says, we are back. :-) :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Oct 2020 11:29

I recorded it and just finished watching it. It was very wel! done and kudos to all who have left families and isolated to make the programme possible.

I am looking forward to the next weeks,

Lizx

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Oct 2020 18:40

I don’t think poor old Anton will last long this year, I bet he will be first out. Caroline Quentin didn’t look to be very good either, but it is early days yet

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 19 Oct 2020 00:02

Quite enjoyed this introduction to this years Strictly/

Less contestants than last year. This made it slightly easier to spo who did what in the dance at the end.
I thought that Clara Amfo was very good.

Hope that Caroline Quentin manges to remember her moves nest time.

I wonder how many of them will be boing Cha-Cha next time?

Not usually a high scorer, so I hope that more than one couple will have this dance. Plus that one on goes out in the first week. Scores from two weeks being added together

Looking forward to it. all.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Oct 2020 08:34

I think at least 2 couples mentioned the chacha Tess

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 19 Oct 2020 17:27

Thanks Ann, must have had an "ear blink" a couple of times. (don't know what the correct term is for this)

Will be starting a new Strictly 2020 File.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 19 Oct 2020 18:35

Ah yes Tess, I remember you have your file each year, and make notes in it.

I have not deleted any of the Da-da-da threads from the last couple of years, so they should be on record still if you need to reference anything. :-)

It is a little different this year, and I notice that a few of the professionals have new hairstyles.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 25 Oct 2020 06:47

Well,I enjoyed last nights show :-D

There were some surprises like Caroline Quentin who I thought came over as a very elegant dancer.....not something I was expecting from someone with her stature, good on her, there is hope for us all:-)

Others especially like Jason Bell who I feel has the potential to do very well as the series progresses......I can see him being the people's favourite but who could also turn into a very good dancer, he certainly has the physic;-)

Maisie was very good but then we knew she could dance. As we've found in previous years those that start off well often get swallowed up but those that find ' their feet' as the series goes on. I think it could be the same this year :-0. After all the others will be that more noticeable wth their improvement than Maisie...one thing you mustn't do in Strictly is peak too soon ;-)

I have to say it was nice to have some kind of normality back..... it's Saturday, so it must be Strictly :-D. Well done to the Beeb for being able to put such a show on :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Oct 2020 08:04

I had to watch it a bit late because OH was watching the rugby which is annoying. Very well produced although things seemed a bit strange with the celebrities and partners not being upstairs. Can't pretend I missed the audience noise though, that was good. I agree Caroline was good and maisie predictably so. But I think the star last night was HRVY Ooof what energy! However will he do as well in ballroom. Yes Jason bell could be one to watch, depends I suppose if he appeals to the public. A good start.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 25 Oct 2020 08:23

I watched it at the time last night, and was delighted that NHS Front Line Staff had been invited to be in the audience.

Caroline got a bit emotional didnt she? Sadly I think poor old Anton was steering Jacqui around the dance floor.

I dont watch Eastenders, but I think that Maisie might have had some dance training before. She was very good.

Bill Bailey is a good all rounder, very musical, but I dont know how long he will last.

All in all, a good beginning in my opinion.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 25 Oct 2020 23:36

Enjoyed the show. Thought that they did well with the Social distancing.

I was not impressed with Jason Bell, ( even though he is a very good looking). Hoping that he will surprise me next week. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

Was very surprised by HRVY, hadn't had high expectations of him at all.

Looking forward to next weeks offering.

Have thrown away some of my old Scrictly notes. Now just have records going back to 2017.

Every week i note -

The order everyone dances, the dances they do and the scores they get, on one page.

Then every dancer 9and partner0 has their own page, noting what they do each week and the scores they get.

Also have a separate sheets for each dance 9filled in every week0 noting who does the dance, and the scores given.

Just something to keep my brain working.

Kay

Kay Report 25 Oct 2020 23:55

I love Strictly and it was so good to see it on again yesterday. They socially distanced very well, but that'll just be another course for stress for them all-as if it's not stressful enough.

I only know 3 people-Bill Bailey, Maisie Smith and Caroline Quentin. Bless her, she did get so emotional. I should imagine Maisie Smith could be quite a little madam (as my Mum would have said) . I haven't watched Eastenders for years and she was just a small child last time I watched.

I must admit I do miss looking out for AJ Pritchard who I loved in the past series.

I'm looking forward to next weeks "dose of normality" where we can get engrossed and forget our problems to a certain extent for an hour and a half!

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 26 Oct 2020 07:55

Dear All

Hello

There is nothing like Strictly Come Dancing to lift your mood, particularly as we head into winter.

I thought Nicola and her partner were terrific.

I remember when Nicola won her gold medal at the Olympics in 2012.
When Gary Lineker she was so shy. It took a lot of hard work for her to get the recognition as a boxer.

I am looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Oct 2020 07:55

Yes I miss AJ Pritchard as well. Good to see Gorka back though.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 Oct 2020 17:37

Gorka the Corker! ;-) ;-)