General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What?!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Sep 2020 17:06

Anti-lockdown protesters clashed with police in Trafalgar Square.

Is it a death wish or what?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Sep 2020 17:12

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Unfortunately, not necessarily the protesters' death :-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Sep 2020 17:17

anti vaxers as well apparently threatened with arrest but empty threat given the number there I would say. Selfish stupid people.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Sep 2020 17:17

It's a pandemic, not the bloody poll-tax!

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 19 Sep 2020 17:40

But these people don't believe there is a pandemic, there are all sorts of ridiculous conspiracy theories gaining support, see 'Q-Anon' :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Sep 2020 17:45

This is really quite terrifying.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Sep 2020 23:56

Selfish, stupid people! I wonder if Karma will get them!

Lizxx

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Sep 2020 10:20

Arrogant, selfish, stupid, idiotic.... they could learn the hard way.

I think some protesters think it is their job! :-0

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Sep 2020 12:20

Are they the same people who don't believe in climate change? :-|

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2020 14:32

Man in a shop in Bracklesham was asked to put on his mask and observe social distancing.

H said he did all that at home, he was not going to do it when he was on holiday as well!?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Sep 2020 14:44

Sounds like he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, Sharron! :-|

Linda

Linda Report 20 Sep 2020 14:46

I might be on my own here but I think Boris should bring out the army on the streets if people saw soldiers walking about and stopping people I'm sure it would wake everyone up that this series

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2020 14:51

Not yet,Linda.

We don't want to run out of options. It is, I think, important to try to contain trouble with as little force as possible so as not to stir it up more.

Anarchy can escalate horribly and martial law shifts the power from thoe we have elected.

Maddie

Maddie Report 20 Sep 2020 14:58

round them all up, put them in wembley stadium for 2 weeks with just the basics and they can all catch it from each other, hopefuly

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Sep 2020 16:11

Not something I'd ever like to see Linda.

Remember learning about the depth of feeling among miners and their families more than a century ago when Churchill threatened to send in the troops when miners were fighting for a fairer, living wage among other things? Anyone in South Wales and NE England who had learned a bit of history would know about it.

Doing it now could alienate whole swathes of the population.

Von

Von Report 20 Sep 2020 16:17

Whilst I certainly don’t agree with the protests but neither do I agree with a row of

policemen wearing their masks under their noses. How does that work :-0

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Sep 2020 16:26

I agree Von, it seems a tad ridiculous.

Adding to my earlier post, it would seem that miners from Kent to, and including, Scotland would have felt very much aggrieved had the troops been used against one of their groups so it would not surprise me if much of the country would object against the use of troops now.

There seems to be no easy solution to dissenting voices at the moment as it seems a lot of people are baffled by the quick fixes that Boris seems to be coming up with.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Sep 2020 16:49

Part of the trouble with Boris' quick fixes is that they aren't exactly quick!

What is the point of announcing more lockdown restrictions to start in 3 or 4 days time? According to the news hundreds of people were partying, quite legally, to have some fun while they still could!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2020 18:31

He can't win with that one. Immediate and people complain they have no time to get themselves organized, few days notice and the idiots party.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 20 Sep 2020 22:32

These protesters scare me.

It would be okay if they were the only ones to suffer the consequences of such behaviour, but unfortunately this is not the case.

I will need to go out to do my shopping (as long as the shops stay open) My neighbours have done some shopping for me but I don't want to rely on them 100%.

I am not at very high risk and am (just about) fit enough to go shopping once a week with the help of special transport. (A door to door service)

Have tried registering at a couple of supermarkets, but haven't even been able to do that!
Something to do with
1) My computer.
or 2) The supermarkets systems,
or 3) My ability to carry out simple instructions on the internet
or 4) my eye sight.

Now getting used to wearing a mask when outside and hand sanitising. Plus keep my distance whenever possible.

had hoped that following all Government guideline (or rules or whatever they are called this week) would keep more people safe.

But of course not when these people are acting like they have a death wish.