General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mother In Law-Update at the bottom

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 19:04

My mother in law has Neuroendocrine Tumours better known as NETS which is a form of cancer but unlike most cancers she is not immune compromised. Ann has lost 20% of her bowl and 40% of her liver. Ann was allowed in for her annual scan and they phoned with the results and the tumours have grown from 8mm to 18mm but due to the current situation they cannot give her any more treatment at the moment.

How many others have been refused treatment who might really need it. Just saddened by the whole situation at the moment. :-( :-( :-(

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Jul 2020 19:12

I’m so sorry to hear that, I don’t know what to say, hugs and hope she will be ok. xx.

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 19:27

Thank you ZZzzz. NETS is a strange form of cancer for which there is no cure but there are some treatments now which may keep the tumours small. Unlike most cancers NETS may not always be fatal and some people may never know they have it. Sadly for my mother in law she dropped to 6 stone and even at 5’3” that is underweight. I just hope she can start getting treatment again soon and the tumours shrink again.

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Jul 2020 19:46

Sorry to read this hope MIL gets help asap a lot of people have been neglected because of corvid 19 don't know what else to say Keep strong for her <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 19:48

Thank you Barbara

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Jul 2020 20:00

What a worrying time for you and Mr Owl.
The current situation has affected so many treatment plans, but I do hope you mother in law can be helped and treated very soon.
Sending very best wishes to you all.

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 20:19

Thank you Gwyn

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 24 Jul 2020 20:33

I'm so sorry to hear this Tawny <3 <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 20:39

Thank you Jem

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jul 2020 23:12

Oh Tawny, that's really sad. It seems many people have had to delay treatment in the past months and it will take it's toll.

I do hope Ann gets treatment very soon and the tumours shrink. Must be very worrying and upsetting.

Lizx

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Jul 2020 23:18

Thank you Liz

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jul 2020 06:22

Have seen where lots of cancer patients have had treatment suspended or not even started and that can be devastating for some where it’s life threatening

My total knee replacement surgery was cancelled for the 4thtime in April with no sign on when they may resume surgeries.In the meantime it’s getting even more painful and swollen .

Conditions just don’t stand still because treatment can’t be given

Hope your MIL gets her treatment soon so the tumours can start to shrink again <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 25 Jul 2020 09:44

Thank you Shirley. I hope they soon start surgeries for other things too so you can get your knee replacement. My work colleague had hers replaced around six years ago and she now has a new lease of life.

Tawny

Tawny Report 19 Dec 2020 07:02

My mother in law got the news yesterday that she can get a new form of treatment for NETs in January. It won’t cure it but anything that keeps the tumours small and stops them spreading further is good.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Dec 2020 08:01

Good news Tawney and good luck to her.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2020 08:19

That’s good news tawny

Hopefully it will start and the treatment kickstarts the halt on any spread

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Dec 2020 08:35

Crossing fingers and toes that Ann can get the new (and possibly better) treatment <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 19 Dec 2020 08:52

Thank you Ann, Shirley and Maggie.

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Dec 2020 15:25

Tawny that's good positive news hope she gets treatment she deserves & has a comfortable safe Christmas best wishes to you all Barbara xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 19 Dec 2020 15:45

Dear Tawny

Hello

We send our very best wishes to your mother-in-law.

Take gentle care of yourself and your family.
Lots of love
Elizabeth, EOS
xx