General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stating the b loody obvious

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 May 2020 11:24

Why deaf-to-experts DC has to go, Gove too as there will never be a resolution to Covid-19 with the pair of them.

There are good people out there that deserve to be protected. There are bad people out there that deserve to be stopped.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/11/britain-economy-coronavirus-deaths

Kense

Kense Report 25 May 2020 12:29

If Cummings goes who will run the Country? Boris is obviously incapable of doing it.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 12:48

N Sturgeon had a few good points this morning. Boris's credibility is fast diminishing the longer it takes for him to spring into action.

Apparently, DC also took a walk in Houghall Woods while he was in Durham (pronounced Hoffal by the way - like offal with an h in front of it). I am not sure whether that has been proved though. If iit is true, they would have had to park their car where others park - but would anyone who felt grotty bother doing that. If they were fit and well I suppose they could have made the long trek but they were, apparently, not fit and well.

One good thing to come out of this, everyone now knows who the sycophants are - Grant S is as bad as Gove, in my opinion. Line the beggars up and give them their P45s.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 May 2020 13:35

It is a mistake to believe that Cummings, Johnson or anybody eles is running the country. They are simply cats paws of darker forces. Nevertheless Rishi Sunak is, as they say, measuring the curtains.

The original push for "herd immunity" came from Cummings, not Valance. The original track trace and isolate policy failed most of all because nobody believed in it. Lockdown was far too late because Cummings and Johnson had to wait for their orders.

Now we are about to enter a half baked Phase2 with nothing approaching a credible TTI setup. Moreover "R" ( insofar as a national R has any meaning ) is far too high for TTI to work properly. Cummings desire to see his friends in the north will likely cost dear. He has greatly annoyed some very serious people who don't use twitter. Nevertheless the higher priority is brexit covid is seen as a sideshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_78LMYG8v80

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 May 2020 13:51

If I encountered any of the so called leaders / numpties I would would not hesitate In confronting them if they were where they shouldn’t be after we get moved on and fined if we are caught.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 13:55

I'm afraid that I've come to look on Boris as Trump2.

So great is the resemblance now that I fear that those who have spoken out against DC's actions and BJ's reactions, may be seeking other work soon.

I don't have a particular political affiliation but the shower that is making excuses left, right and centre need to give their heads a shake. I don't trust the beggars and wouldn't give them an inch leeway now,

My opinion, of course.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 May 2020 14:25

well you will get your chance 'cos Cummings is giving a press conf ( with questions ). Amazing, what can happen now ?
A wise man with less chutzpah would say sorry and resign minimising the damage caused. More likely he will come out guns blazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOqbM03Hf0

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 15:42

Will be watching this.

Perhaps BoJo has taken other advice and now intends to safeguard his rear, which is about time.

A good analogy, Rollo, but does he have the glitz and glamour of Butch and Sundance. However, I think it may well be his wont to come out all guns blazing - an act of self-preservation, even though I believe he talks tougher than he actually is.

This situation is of his own making and if he resigns there may be a collective sigh of relief.

We will know the stuff he is made of if he puts self before the party.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 May 2020 16:03

Another Occasion where you offer too resign, we accept and you get to keep Your pension and bonuses.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 May 2020 16:31

And now he is half an hour late with his appearance.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 May 2020 16:33

Oh well his mummy loves him. ;-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 May 2020 17:01

Advisers advise they do not have executive powers, that is reserved to HM Civil Service.

Linda

Linda Report 25 May 2020 17:14

I wonder how long he will last after this statement because to me he cant put two words together and it might be me but he does not seem to be making much sense

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 May 2020 17:21

Let us mourn over the corpse of his stuttering statement. There is little or no escape from the dull fatality of a sacking.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 18:07

Coolly arrogant and self-serving but not an asset to Boris now.

While in London, just how ill was his wife if he felt he should go back to work rather than isolate with her?

So he did visit Barnard Castle and what an excuse for doing so. Does his wife not drive? Such a lovely place to visit but it's about 25 miles from Durham and he could have just tested himself on how well he felt he was able to drive by driving down the A1M or A167 for a short distance- but not quite so scenic on a nice day.

The woods have me mystified. We had heard it was Houghall Woods but they are not owned by his family and he did say the walk was in family-owned woods and that he saw people in the distance. It makes me wonder if these were the people who said they saw him in Houghall Woods - if that was so, they would have known where they were.

What is irking me somewhat is that his child ended up in hospital - and I suspect he meant the nearest NHS hospital, within walking distance of me, and where my friend's daughter, an intensive care nurse caught the virus and had time off work - along with others.

Was that hospital visit before or after they swanned off to Barnard Castle?

Interesting to hear someone mention a castle because this is what was in my mind when I mentioned Chillingham.

Finally, did he say he had stayed at 'a family-owned property' or a property owned by his father?

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 May 2020 18:21

Me officer I'm not doing anything wrong driving here I'm just checking to see if I'm fit to drive - honest. Anyone now can use it.

Did you know it was his wife's birthday when they went to Barnard Castle. :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 18:25

Pat, I heard it was his mother's birthday while they were in Durham.

I'm off to trek around Houghall Woods tomorrow ..... have been a couple of times but never when the bluebells were out and they're supposed to be spectacular.

Might then drive to see my son ..... but I won't go near him, guv, honest! :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 May 2020 18:28

Mother's birthday on the 4th I think so he was there for that as well.

You will just be doing a test drive of course ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 May 2020 18:39

Of course, Pat, just to test that I am fit enough to drive ..... cos I am considerate of others.

Btw I wondered if a trip to that castle was taken on his wife's birthday. All supposition of course - but it would not surprise me at all.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 May 2020 19:20

Why drive with both your wife AND son in the car, when your eyesight's a bit 'iffy'?

Why was his wife allowed in the ambulance, when they thought their son had covid?