General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greetings

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Jan 2019 15:14

I have not been around for some time, you can stop celebrating now ;-) as I'm back.

In early October I had life saving surgery after my bowel ruptured and I also developed peritonitis.

The surgical team were fantastic, the ICU nurses were brilliant and so caring at Prince Charles Hospital as were the colorectal team who looked after me once I left ICU.

I was devastated that we couldn't travel to Guatemala for our planned 3 month holiday. That was the one huge unwanted complication (apart from the obvious post surgery adjustments).

We arranged to spend Christmas Day with youngest daughter and the grandchildren. We arrived and daughter told me to sit down and she would fetch our gift. The sitting room door opened and our other two children walked in. We couldn't believe our eyes! The trip all arranged between the children and we absolutely didn't have a clue. Even the grandkids managed to keep it quiet lolol.

It was the best Christmas gift ever, to have our three children together again after 7 years.

They fly back on the 11th but it has been a wonderful tonic for me and also hubby as my carer. Also they got to meet another 2 nieces <3

So my hopes are for a healthy 2019 for everyone as that's the only thing that matters in this life.

Sue x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 5 Jan 2019 15:20

Glad to see you back Sue. Sorry you've been so ill but what a wonderful surprise.

You can always go on your hols when you are fit again. You are so right about health. Hope you and your family have a happy and healthy 2019. x

Madge

Madge Report 5 Jan 2019 15:25

Welcome back Sue Sue Ping <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Jan 2019 17:16

Welcome back Sue.So sorry you have been so ill but as you always have said* Fighting to get Up and around again..

You and Hubby take it easy..
Massive but Gentle Hugs <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

All the best for a Happy and Healthy 2019.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Jan 2019 17:54

Sorry to hear that you've been so ill Sue. Hope you are well on the mend now.
What a fabulous surprise your children gave you!

Welcome back <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 Jan 2019 18:12

Welcome back Sue <3

Lovely to see you posting, good health and happiness to you all x

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 Jan 2019 18:54

Nice to see that you are on the mend Sis.

Lovely surprise....always good for the ego.

A healthy and Happy New Year to you both <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 5 Jan 2019 19:01

So sorry to hear you've been poorly, Sue :-S

Here's wishing you and OH a better 2019 <3

What a lovely Christmas pressie :-) <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jan 2019 19:11

Welcome back Sue. So sorry to hear that you had such a horrible time.

What a lovely thing that your children did for you. A wonderful present.

Take care of yourself now.

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2019 19:52

Welcome back Sue! :-D :-D
Hope you're on the mend.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Jan 2019 19:59

Thank you all.

Those that saw the pics appreciate I had aching cheeks through constant smiling :-D

I now have a modified body (that's the polite description) but I'm here to tell the tale

x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jan 2019 20:37

So good to see you posting Sue, but sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time.

What a wonderful surprise to have all your children together. I can imagine how thrilled you were, when you saw them all.

I hope the new year brings happy memories and continuing recovery after your ordeal.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2019 20:47

That was a great surprise they arranged for you Sue, how lovely to have them all together. You will get back to Guatemala another time I am sure. Good to see you upbeat again hope your health continues to improve. <3

Von

Von Report 5 Jan 2019 20:50

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly Sue <3 <3
Wishing you and the family all the very best for 2019

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Jan 2019 23:09

Good to see you posting again Sue.

Very sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. Very glad you are on the road making a good recovery and I hope one day you will be going on that holiday.

Fantastic xmas surprise for you.

Wishing you good health and happiness for 2019

Florence in the hebrides

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Jan 2019 23:23

Thank you gang :-D

xx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 6 Jan 2019 07:31

Sorry to read you've been ill But what a wonderful Christmas surprise. I hope your recovery continues well.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2019 16:00

Thanks Guinevere

X

Madge

Madge Report 6 Jan 2019 17:47

You did not thank me personally :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2019 18:41

Your ‘thank you’ gift of display loo rolls in the post :-P :-D