Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London 1871 Census index

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 15 Nov 2003 21:43

Hi Once again ive ordered some data and ive been unable to find a relative. As my relatives moved around the London ,Middlesex and Essex area. As i now have the London Census index for 1871- rel.1. I would be more than happy to help anyone with their research. If you would like me to do a look up for you please post a message here or email me. Please see message below. Thankyou Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 15 Nov 2003 21:52

The coverage of this disc is :- Kensington St Marys Paddington Pancras Somers Town Islington West Strand St Mary`s Le Starnd Strand St Clement Danes Holborn St Andrew Eastern Holborn Saffron Hill London City St Botolph Shorditch haggerston West Bethnal Green Hackney Road Bethnal Green Bethnal Green Bethnal Green Bethnal Church St Georges in the East Poplar Bow St Olave Southwark St James Lewisham Sydenham Bermondsey Please give as much information as you can . Thankyou Sarah

K

K Report 15 Nov 2003 22:07

Hi Sarah, Please if you have time.... This is a long shot, but I am trying to locate the whereabouts of a William Heath between 1866 and 1881. He was orphaned in 1866, but not sure where whether in Kent or London. His name Is William Heath and he was born c1862 In Welling Kent. He would of been about 9. His brothers where Thomas,John and Sisters Emma, Elizabeth, Mary Ann. All born between 1847 and 1865. Many thanks Keren

Sarah

Sarah Report 15 Nov 2003 22:12

Hi Lorna Iam sorry i could not find any Mary Jane`s . There were a couple of Henry`s that were in their early 20`s . However with out dates to go on its not much use, let me know if you come across anything and i will have another look. All the best. Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 15 Nov 2003 22:27

Hi Keren There is only 1 William HEATH listed. His is 14 and living in Bethanal green. It looks like his living with his family. So i dont think its him. Sorry. All the best Sarah

Marion

Marion Report 16 Nov 2003 00:18

Sarah, Thankyou, would love to know if any of my HAWKER family are still at 19 Markham Street Chelsea/Kensington in 1871~ Mary Ann, Henry, John? Marion

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Nov 2003 00:46

Hi Sarah I dont know if you can help but I am trying to locate a Charles Day he was born about 1843 in Westminster. so he would be about 28. Not sure what part Westminster comes under I know its the main part of London. Thank you Debbie

Chris

Chris Report 16 Nov 2003 02:42

Hi, will you do a lookup for William and Jane Mantle (nee Bren) and Julia aged 7 Islington London? Thankyou, Christine

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Nov 2003 09:25

Sarah. Not sure if these people come under St Olave but they lived in Bermondsey in 1881. William Porter 1824 Labourer Amy Porter 1823 Charles 1862 Fredrk 1864 Albert 1865 Eliza (Harriett) 1867. They were living 64 New Church Street. Many thanks. I do have a few relatives in those areas you mention so I will be checking them out later. Shirley

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Nov 2003 09:45

Sarah I have another family John INMAN b1828 Westminster Sarah Inman b1833 John INMAN b1853 clerkenwell Think they lived Bethnal Green Shoreditch.area. Maybe Old Street. I am also looking for Harriett Charlotte Trotter b 1855 Islington. Sorry no address If this is too difficult don't wory Thanks in advance Shirley

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:24

Marion There are only 2 HAWKERs listed :- Charles 36 Strand Jane 68 Holborn All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:28

Debbie There is 1 Charles DAY listed age 38 Shoreditch Haggerston West. The age may of been transcribed incorrectly. All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:30

Hi Christine There were 4 MANTLEs listed all living in Islington, However they are not the names that you are looking for. If you wish to know the details just let me know. All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:32

Hi Shirley Sorry i was unable to find any of the names you were looking for. (PORTER) All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:33

Hi Lesley I will send you an email. Best Wishes Sarah

K

K Report 16 Nov 2003 10:42

Thankyou for taking the time to look up for me Keren

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 10:58

Hi Shirley Sorry i cound not find any INMAN`s . There were some TROTTER`s . There was a Harriet TROTTER age 14 living at Islington, Islington West living with :- Louisa TROTTER age 29 Islington ,Islington West John TROTTER age 24 George TROTTER age 17 I hope that this is of some use. All the best Sarah

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Nov 2003 11:06

Thanks Sarah, I expect you are going to be very busy. Is it and address search or name? Could be my Harriet Trotter. Thanks. Shirley

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 11:14

Hi Jenny Sorry there were no SNOW`s listed with them names. All the best Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Nov 2003 11:15

Hi Jane There was no Arthur Henry WINFIELD listed on the Index. Sorry. All the best Sarah