Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Thread for British Vital Records lookups--All

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 20:46

British Vital Records Index Version 2 Lookups New Thread The last thread was getting too long so I will start a new one. The Vital Records index includes records from England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland. There are approximately 10 and a half million birth and Christening records and 2 million marriage records between 1530 and 1906. Please provide as much information as possible including County. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helen

Helen Report 2 Aug 2004 20:59

Hello Teresa, could you look for a marriage for me please. I'm trying to track down John Webster marrying Sarah ? in Dudley, Worcs sometime between abt 1827 to 1834. Thank you Helen

Tracy

Tracy Report 2 Aug 2004 21:02

Hi Teresa, Welcome Back, Can you please see if you can find anything for the following people please: -William Burgess B: c1831 Finsbury/St Giles Westminster Father may have been Joseph & mother Mary. -Byron Thomas James Burgess B: mar 1904 (Wembley) Hendon Father was Also Byron Burgess -marriage of byron william c burgess jun 1903 hendon Thank you for your kind offer Tracey

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 21:06

Hi Sue; The only Stinton birth in Wales is in 1767 in Radnor for Elinor Stinton. There is a Stinton family in Ribbesford, Worc around 1810 but there is no Richard. The parents names are John and Elizabeth with children Julia, Henry and Emma. If these are of use to you let me know and I will post them. Nothing on Richard's marriage either.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 21:15

Shirley I have emailed you.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 21:18

Hi Helen; Sorry there is nothing on the marriage between John Webster and Sarah in Worc.

Penelope

Penelope Report 2 Aug 2004 21:21

Hi Teresa, I'm looking for any informationona Sarah Albury b about 1816 in Englfield,Berkshire if possible any siblings and her parents,also can you confirm if she married Charles Appleton? date please also any information on their children, I can't find them after 1871 cenus except for Walter my husbands GGrandfather Emma b 1853 Henry b 1856 and grandaughter Elizabeth b 1869 in Leicestershire, who were her parents? any info would be fantastic. many thanks Penny

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 21:30

Hi Tracy; This is the only Byron Burgess marriage on the disc. I found one birth for Willam Burgess in Westminster, it is listed twice with slightly different information so have included both. There are siblings Mary Jane and George listed so let me know if you want them. BURGESS, Byron Age: 20 Marriage Wife: Mary Ann MILES Age: 22 Marriage Date: 23 Sep 1878 Recorded in: Westminster, London, England Collection: Soho, St Anne Husband's Father: William BURGESS Wife's Father: John MILES Source: FHL Film 1468920 Dates: 1876 - 1879 Gender: Male Birth Date: 23 Feb 1832 Birthplace: Pendleton, Lancaster Christening Date: 8 Apr 1832 Recorded in: London, London, England Collection: Paternoster Row; Wesleyan Methodist Registry Father: William BURGESS Mother: Mary Ann RIGBY Mother's Father: William RIGBY Mother's Mother: Margaret Source: FHL Film 596987 Dates: 1823 - 1834 BURGESS, William Rigby Christening Gender: Male Birth Date: 23 Feb 1832 Birthplace: Pendleton, Lancaster Recorded in: London, London, England Collection: Paternoster Row; Wesleyan Methodist Registry Father: William BURGESS Mother: Mary Ann RIGBY Mother's Father: William RIGBY Mother's Mother: Margaret Source: FHL Film 596986 Dates: 1823 - 1834

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 21:37

Hi Penelope; There are several Albury families in Berkshire around that time but I can't find Sarah. The locations are all in Basilden. Do you know any of her siblings names? Maybe we can find her that way. No sign of the Albury/ Appleton marriage either.

Tracy

Tracy Report 2 Aug 2004 22:08

Thanks Teresa, I do have the marriage for byron but thanks for looking. I thought for a second that this could be my william, but the reason i cast doubt is im sure on his marriage lookup his parents were Joseph and Mary. William Burgess married sarah ann hills jun qtr 1853 St Giles, then later married Eleanor Hawkins 13 oct 1878 St Anne Soho Westminster. If its not too much bother can you check the marriage for me please so i can confirm his parents. Thank you ever so much for your help Tracey

Bryan

Bryan Report 2 Aug 2004 22:38

Hi I'm wondering if you will be able to look up for me? I am seeking to confirm that James Marshall (1781) of Monaghan, Ireland married to Anna Young. They bore a boy, John Marshall (1821) in Monaghan, Ireland. Thank you. Bryan Marshall.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 23:25

Hi Tracy; Here is the second marriage to Eleanor, can't find the first. BURGESS, William Age: 49 Marriage Wife: Eleanor HAWKINS Age: 27 Marriage Date: 13 Oct 1878 Recorded in: Westminster, London, England Collection: Soho, St Anne Husband previously married Husband's Father: Joseph BURGESS Wife's Father: William HAWKINS Source: FHL Film 1468920 Dates: 1876 - 1879 Note: Additional Data in Original Record

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 2 Aug 2004 23:27

Hi Bryan; Sorry, nothing on the Marshall/Young marriage.

Tracy

Tracy Report 2 Aug 2004 23:43

Thanks for that teresa, so the father was joseph burgess. Can i ask what it means when it says "additional data in original record". Thanks for all your help it is appreciated. Tracey

Di From

Di From Report 3 Aug 2004 05:57

Hi I hope you don't mind my asking if you could find the births of one of the following. They are siblings of Jeremiah Leary and his wife Mary. I just need to find one of them to establish Mary's maiden name and can't find a record of any of them at all. John Leary bn about 1835 Barnsley, Yorks Mary Leary bn about 1837 Barnsley, Yorks Jeremiah Leary bn about 1839-41 Barnsley, Yorks Thomas Leary bn about 1842 Barnsley, Yorks Any help would be much appreciated Diane

Helen

Helen Report 3 Aug 2004 07:58

Thank you for looking Teresa. Helen

Janet

Janet Report 3 Aug 2004 08:08

Teresa thank you for the kind offer, I am trying to find the parents of John Ruskin, he was born in 1830, maybe 1831, is down as cheshunt hertford, which we now call hertfordshire... on free bmd all cheshunt births are registered in Edmonton for any of the family married etc.. It seems that there are lots of Ruskins in cheshunt at that time, it would be such a help if you could find him for me many thanks Janet

Tracy

Tracy Report 3 Aug 2004 08:40

Hi teresa Could you look for Arthur Balding Adams born Hendon Middlesex 1897 Mothers name Mary ann

Shannette

Shannette Report 3 Aug 2004 13:30

Please can you look for the death of Jane Clare.? She was born in 1833 in Marshchapel Lincs but is on the 1901 census in Pentlow Essex aged 68.Thanks.

Brian

Brian Report 3 Aug 2004 14:01

HI TERESA IS IT POSSIBLE YOU COULD LOOK FOR THE MARRIAGE OF WILLIAM CARDER TO MARGERET CHANEN/CHANNON IT MIGHT BE IN SOMERSET/DEVON.ALSO I LOOKING FOR THE DEATH OF THESE TWO BETWEEN 1857- 1871ESSEX/LONDON? THANKS BRIAN