Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

-Closed-

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 09:44

No promises, but I'll do my best. Please post here (click 'Add Reply' at the top). PM requests will be ignored. I can access all censuses from 1851-1901 and a few 1841. I also have access to BMDs 1866-1920. Please don't post requests outside these dates as I can't help. England & Wales only.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 10:30

Frances, this him? Francis Staples abt 1817 Haston, Rutland, England Head Tixover Rutland Mary J Staples abt 1822 Stanton, Leicestershire, England Wife Tixover Rutland Sarah E Staples abt 1842 Liddington, Rutland, England Daughter Tixover Rutland Christiana Staples abt 1844 Liddington, Rutland, England Daughter Tixover Rutland Slater Staples abt 1820 Haston, Rutland, England Brother Tixover Rutland He's unmarried. No, can't be this one. He's living with Francis up to 1891.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 10:54

Jan, very puzzling. I don't think she and Alfred actually got married, hence the confusion on the censuses. I think this is her in the previous two censuses... Sarah A Booth abt 1855 Newcastle, Staffordshire, England Servant Stone Staffordshire Sarah A Booth abt 1853 Newcastle, Staffordshire, England Granddaughter Newcastle under Lyme Staffordshire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 10:59

Rosemary, 1861 William Pattishall abt 1829 Tenbury, Worcestershire, England Head Aston Warwickshire Sophia Pattishall abt 1828 Tenbury, Worcestershire, England Wife Aston Warwickshire Sarah Pattishall abt 1855 Birmingham; Aston Daughter Aston Warwickshire Anne Pattishall abt 1857 Birmingham; Aston Daughter Aston Warwickshire Mary Pattishall abt 1860 Birmingham; Aston Daughter Aston Warwickshire He's a Railway Waggon Maker.

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 7 Nov 2005 10:59

Hi Tracy Thanks for your offer of help. Could you please look for the marriage of Samuel Revill. He was born in 1851 in Nottinghamshire and married to Ann. I am trying to find the date of the marriage and Ann's maiden name if you could possibly help. Lindsey

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 11:11

Frances, there's only one marrying in 1870 and he's the same as on FreeBMD. There aren't any other DAMS as far as I can see.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 11:14

Lindsay, I'm sure I looked for this last week with no success. The only one I can see that comes remotely close is this one on FreeBMD... Marriages Dec 1871 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bouskell John Mansfield 7b 168 HARRISON Hannah Mansfield 7b 168 Jones Mary Mansfield 7b 168 Revill Samuel Mansfield 7b 168

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 7 Nov 2005 11:32

Hi Tracy Thanks very much for the information. I'm wondering if Ann could have been her second name. Im sorry to trouble you a second time but I must have missed your reply. Sorry again. Lindsey

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 11:44

Christine, where were they born??

Chris

Chris Report 7 Nov 2005 11:50

Sorry Tracy.not woke up yet!!!!!!! they were born Rishton/ Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Thanks Christine

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 11:51

Frances, I may as well give you them all cos Slater is always with them lol 1861 Francis Staples abt 1817 Ayston, Rutland, England Head Tixover Rutland Mary Staples abt 1821 Storeton, Lincolnshire, England Wife Tixover Rutland Alfred Staples abt 1854 Tixover, Rutland, England Son Tixover Rutland Joseph Staples abt 1855 Tixover, Rutland, England Son Tixover Rutland Slater Staples abt 1821 Ayston, Rutland, England Brother Tixover Rutland 1871 Francis Staples abt 1815 Ayston, Rutland, England Head Tixover Rutland Mary J Staples abt 1819 Stunton Wywell, Leicestershire, England Wife Tixover Rutland Joseph Staples abt 1855 Tixover, Rutland, England Son Tixover Rutland Slater Staples abt 1819 Ayston, Rutland, England Brother Tixover Rutland Anne M Phillips abt 1865 Welton, Northamptonshire, England Visitor Tixover Rutland 1891 Staples, Mary abt 1818 Stonton Wyville, Leicestershire, England Head Tixover Rutland Staples, Slater abt 1821 Aston, Rutland, England Brother Tixover Rutland Staples, Harriet E abt 1881 Tixover, Rutland, England Granddaughter Tixover Rutland

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:03

Christine, how about these? Alice Grimshaw abt 1844 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England Daughter Blackburn Lancashire Charlotte Grimshaw abt 1813 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Head Blackburn Lancashire Daniel Grimshaw abt 1851 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire Joseph Grimshaw abt 1849 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire Margaret Grimshaw abt 1841 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Daughter Blackburn Lancashire William Grimshaw abt 1846 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire

Chris

Chris Report 7 Nov 2005 12:14

Tracy thank you so much, there the right ones .........but i think i need an expert on this as on the 51 census the mother is Elizabeth and William is the twin brother of Cunliffe but hes not on the 61 census with them, hes living with his Father Alexander..........need a stiff drink to sort this out! Thanks Christine

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:23

Christine, this is the family I found in 1851... Mathew Grimshaw abt 1818 Grest Harwood, Lancashire, England Head Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Charlotte Grimshaw abt 1815 Rishton, Lancashire, England Wife Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Alice Grimshaw abt 1845 Oswaldtwisle, Lancashire, England Daughter Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Mary S Grimshaw abt 1842 Rishton, Lancashire, England Daughter Oswaldtwistle Lancashire William Grimshaw abt 1847 Oswaldtwisle, Lancashire, England Son Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Joseph Grimshaw abt 1850 Oswaldtwisle, Lancashire, England Son Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Cunliffe in 1851 Thomas(Alexander) Grimshaw abt 1815 Great Harwood, Lancashire, England Head Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Elizabeth Grimshaw abt 1815 Bolton by Bowland, Yorkshire, England Wife Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Cumliff Grimshaw abt 1847 Oswalde, Lancashire, England Son Oswaldtwistle Lancashire Are you sure they're twins??

Roy

Roy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:28

Tracey Thanks for the new offer. Emily McPherson born Feb 1835 in North Cray. She's with her parents in 1841 aged 6 but not woth them in 1851 and can't find her in 1861. There's a marriage on FRBD in Dec 1888 for an Emily McPherson but would she have married at 53 years old and if she did she should certainly been around for the 51 census and possibly 61 as a single girl even if she was marreid twice. Regards Roy McP.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:32

Roy, 1851 Emily McPherson abt 1835 North Cray, Kent, England Servant Paddington Middlesex Servant to Charlotte Overy(?) Can't see her in '61 though.

Chris

Chris Report 7 Nov 2005 12:35

Hi Tracy Yes there twins i have the birth certificate of Cunliffe giving the time of birth as 7am first born , with parents Alexander and Elizabeth i also have the marriage cert of Alex and Elizabeth..........think i need to put this on the tips board see if anyone can solve it. christine

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:46

Christine, I'm not disputing that Cunliffe is a twin. What I am questioning, is whether he and Alice's brother William are twins.

Chris

Chris Report 7 Nov 2005 12:55

Hi Tracy When i went to the register office for the birth certificate of Cunliffe, i asked the lady why it said the time of birth and why it said first born, she kindly told me that Cunliffe was the first born of twins the 2nd born was William born at 7.21 am so you can see the puzzle im left with! Why have they different parents? Christine

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Nov 2005 12:59

They can't have different parents and be twins lol Cunliffe must have a different brother William. He must have died before the 1851 census.