Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851-1901 LOOK UPS HERE......

Page 0 + 1 of 14

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jan 2006 20:11

please give me something to do & let me knock down all your brick walls - being as i'm stuck on mine for a bit.......................... Jane

Jamie

Jamie Report 1 Jan 2006 20:30

can you do an 1851 census lookup for an eliza patterson may be spelled paterson in barnstaple devon she should be about 20 maybe living with her father henry

Paul

Paul Report 1 Jan 2006 20:37

hi i have just added a message on here about a census look up maybe you could help me with it! regards Paul Bennett

Jamie

Jamie Report 1 Jan 2006 20:47

dont suppose there was an address for eliza in 1851 barnstaple

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 1 Jan 2006 21:57

Hi Jane, Happy New Year.....please could you look in the 1851 census for James Erwood b. 1806, Devizes Wiltshire, wife Annah (could be Hannah) b 1809 Compton Hants. thanks. Also if possible, 1861 census. John Walker b.1807 Hucknall, Nottinghamshire, wife Elizabeth b. 1810 Sutton, Nottinghamshire. thank you very much......Lilly

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jan 2006 22:10

Hi Lilly, Happy New Year right.......... 1851. st georges place, st marys, southampton Anna Edward abt 1812 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Wife Southampton St Mary Hampshire James Edward abt 1803 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Head Southampton St Mary Hampshire , gardener Anna Erwood abt 1846 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Daughter Southampton St Mary Hampshire George Erwood abt 1848 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Son Southampton St Mary Hampshire James Erwood abt 1838 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Son Southampton St Mary Hampshire Mary Ann Erwood abt 1850 Devizes, Wiltshire, England Daughter Southampton St Mary Hampshire you'll notice parents were mistranscribed, they were on the end of page, children were top of next page spelt right....... 1861 look up coming soon...........

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jan 2006 22:17

Lilly, now....... slight problem with your Walkers, ALL the Johns seem to be married to an Elizabeth, and none of them are born in Hucknall or Sutton. so do you know of any children that could be with them to narrow it down for me please. Ta Jane

Paul

Paul Report 1 Jan 2006 22:21

hi Jane, thanx for your reply but i dont think any of them on the other thread are much help! by the 1851 census my richard bennett was married to Mahala i dont know anything about the other children or the parents. the children were born in Strood, Kent, i do have there baptism records! do you know how to look at the 1841 census as i think this will help! Regards Paul

Paul

Paul Report 1 Jan 2006 22:37

do you have any idea when it might be in there

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 1 Jan 2006 22:47

Hi Jane, first thank you for my Erwood, spot on, thank you, that will help a lot.. as for my Walkers, well,........the 1851 census states. John Walker b. Hucknall living in Sutton in ashfield Notts Occup Annuitant/Accountant??? can't read it very well, that is what I am trying to clear up.....wife:Elizabeth b. 1810. b Sutton Notts, children, Hannah b. abt 1845 Sutton notts, Ann , b. abt 1837 Sutton Notts, Matthew. b. abt 1836 Sutton Notts and Thomas b. abt 1840 Sutton Notts. living at Hardwick St Sutton I Ashfield, Notts does that help at all,? I am guessing that John and Elizabeth are still alive in 1861, gosh!!...hope they aren't both dead by then lol.........thank you......Lilly

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 2 Jan 2006 05:25

Hi Jane, Are you still doing lookups? if so could you please do a lookup for me on the 1871 census PATRICK POLAND b. 1832 EDWARD POLAND b. 1832 ELIZABETH POLAND b 1839 JAMES POLAND b, 1841 MARGARET POLAND b 1847 CATHERINE POLAND b 1850 MARGARET JAME POLAND b 1859 All born St. Bees, Whitehaven, Cumberland Thank yo for your kind offer Regards Anne-Marie

Karen

Karen Report 2 Jan 2006 07:03

Hello Jane Would you be able to please look at the 1851 census for Enstone in Oxfordshire for Sarah Panting who was born in 1840. Her family in 1861 census was Father Richard Panting (69), wife Ann (49) with son John (19), dau Mary A (15) & sons Charles (13), Alfred (9). Their address then was Market Place, Enstone. Reg District - Chipping Norton. Sarah (21yrs in 1861 was a house servant at Gates Inn, Birmingham). Very many thanks with all best wishes for 2006. Karen

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2006 15:05

Hi Lilly, thanks ,that narrowed it down for me, but bad news for you.............. only Elizabeth is alive :o(( 1861. Mount st, Sutton in Ashfield Elizabeth Walker abt 1810 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Mother Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Elizabeth Walker abt 1837 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Hannah Walker abt 1845 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Sister Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Mather Walker abt 1836 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Head Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Samuel Cousse Walker abt 1860 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Son Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Thomas Walker abt 1840 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Brother Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire transcription errors are Mather is Mathew, and its Samuel Coupe Walker aged 6m, ( did notice Coupe family living next door too!) also found: 1891. 17 cassick lane, sutton Matthew Walker 53 head Elizabeth ' 54 wife George ' 13 son Edward ' 10 son Elizabeth ' 81, mother no sign in 1871 or 1881 though .....................

Michael

Michael Report 2 Jan 2006 15:22

Happy New Year Jane,and thank you for the kind offer of look ups. I am trying to locate a William and Margaret Warburton who married in 1845 in the Liverpool Area. I would like to locate them on the 1851 , 1861 and 1871 census if this is at all possible. Kindest Regards Mike

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2006 15:29

Hi Anne -Marie right.......... 1871. 93 M Garrys(?) building Jan Sarah Collins abt 1853 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Boarder Preston Quarter Cumberland Ann Poland abt 1870 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Daughter Preston Quarter Cumberland James Poland abt 1843 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Head Preston Quarter Cumberland , occ labourer Jane Poland abt 1845 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Wife Preston Quarter Cumberland ________________________________________ 1871. 92 M Garrys(?) building Margret Soland abt 1811 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Wife Preston Quarter Cumberland Margret J Soland abt 1858 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Grandchild Preston Quarter Cumberland Patrick Soland abt 1806 Ireland Head Preston Quarter Cumberland , occ collier trancriptions error on surname - it does say Poland ! ___________________________________________ possibles ................................ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Mar 1867 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lowther Thomas Whitehaven 10b 690 Poland Catherine Whitehaven 10b 690 .............................................. 1871. Catherine Lowther abt 1851 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Wife Hensingham Cumberland Sharlet Lowther abt 1870 Hensingham, Cumberland, England Daughter Hensingham Cumberland Thomas Lowther abt 1847 Hensingham, Cumberland, England Head Hensingham Cumberland ________________________________________ Marriages Dec 1869 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHAPMAN Joseph Whitehaven 10b 889 POLAND Margaret Whitehaven 10b 889 ....................................... 1871. John Chapman abt 1870 Cleator, Cumberland, England Son Cleator Cumberland Joseph Chapman abt 1849 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Head Cleator Cumberland Margaret Chapman abt 1848 Whitehaven, Cumberland, England Wife Cleator Cumberland _________________________________ it was just Edward & Elizabeth that have drawn blanks with i'm afraid :o(

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2006 15:38

Hi Karen, nice easy one................... 1851. no street name, sorry Ann Pantin abt 1812 Longborough, Gloucestershire, England Wife Enstone Oxfordshire Charles Pantin abt 1848 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Son Enstone Oxfordshire David Pantin abt 1833 Longborough, Gloucestershire, England Son Enstone Oxfordshire Elizabh Pantin abt 1835 ( no birthplace given) Daughter Enstone Oxfordshire George Pantin abt 1844 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Son Enstone Oxfordshire James Pantin abt 1838 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Son Enstone Oxfordshire John Pantin abt 1842 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Son Enstone Oxfordshire Mary Ann Pantin abt 1846 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Daughter Enstone Oxfordshire Richard Pantin abt 1791 Ramselow, Oxfordshire, England Head Enstone Oxfordshire Sarah Pantin abt 1840 Enstone, Oxfordshire, England Daughter Enstone Oxfordshire

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 2 Jan 2006 15:52

Hi Jane, you are a star, thank you......it is all making sense now, shame John Walker died before the 1861 census, I was hoping to find his place of birth (if your still bored 1851 census, maybe, lol) I had found the family in the 1881 IGI and the address was Car Sick Lane, which I always thought was such a funny address lol......Also you mentioned a Coupe family living next door to the Walker family in 1861, gosh!!! what is that all about, ???Samuel Coupe Walker, son of Elizabeth and Mathew (as shown in the 1861/1881 Census) having the middle name of the people next door!!!! have you opened a can of worms for me ha ha......would love information of that as well, if possible...thank you so much for all of your help.........Lilly..UPDATE sorry Jane, just found I have the 1851 census with John Walker on it, but can not read his Occup. can you help??? is it Annuitant or Accountant?

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2006 16:21

Hi Mike, here you go......... 1851. 12 court 2, Toxteth Park, Liverpool Ann Warburton abt 1848 Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Daughter, Toxteth Park Lancashire Henry Warburton abt 1844 Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Son, Toxteth Park Lancashire Margaret Warburton abt 1822 St Helens, Lancashire, England, Wife, Toxteth Park Lancashire William Warburton abt 1820 Liverpool; Toxeth Park, Lancashire, England ,Head , Toxteth Park Lancashire William Warburton abt 1844 Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Son , Toxteth Park Lancashire am struggling with 1861 / 1871 so will get back to you with those

Michael

Michael Report 2 Jan 2006 16:25

Thanks Jane Your doing brilliant up to now,thank you Regards Mike

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2006 16:27

Hi Lilly this might answer a few questions................... Marriages Dec 1859 ---------------------------- Coupe Elizabeth Mansfield 7b 147 Walker Matthew Mansfield 7b 147 .................. 1861, next door to Walkers Ann Coupe abt 1841 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire Hannah Coupe abt 1807 Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Head Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire ........................ and John's occupation in 1851 is FWK ( Framework knitter), lol so close to annuitant / accountant !!!! but i'll be honest the person 2 lines above John's occupation is defo annuitant. hope that clears it up for you, lol