Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Birth, marriage and Parent Look Ups Avail

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 4 Jan 2006 16:58

Well I've finally got myself sorted to come and let you all know that I had my baby. Alexander Cameron was born on 12th July at 00:52, weighing in at 7lbs 13ozs. The past few months have been hard work but loads of fun. So I'm back around to do requests. I've set up a new thread, so if you need a look up please post it on there. It may take me a few days but I will get it done for you. Thanks to all of you with your good luck messages while I was pregnant, they were very much appreciated. Dawn

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 4 Jan 2006 17:08

Hi Dawn Very kind of you to offer to do these look-ups. Would you be able to look up the following Parent Search for me please? Father: ANDREW INGLIS (sometimes spelt INGLES) Mother: ELISABETH STIRLING (sometimes spelt Elizabeth) They were married on 26 June 1778 in WEMYSS, FIFE. So far I have located 3 of their children: William b1779 Wemyss, Fife John b1782 Wemyss, Fife Andrew b1788 Clackmannon Just wondering if the Parent Search will throw up any more children. Many thanks - much appreciated. (Are you able to PM me with any results, just in case this thread becomes huge and difficult to find replies - ta!) Leah

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 5 Jan 2006 15:57

Hi Dawn, thank you for taking the time to do these look-ups. Ridiculous people being rude to you. On the parent search facility, would it be possible to look for any children born to father.......Samuel Nicolson mother...... Janet Matheson, married abt 1852, Brogaig, Stenscholl, Skye I have found their children born after 1855 but think there may have been a couple born before? Thank you Christine

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 5 Jan 2006 16:18

Hi Dawn Could you please have a wee look for the marriage of John Stewart and Christian ..it says Stewart on one of their sons death cert. Son Daniel/Donald was born little Dunkeld Perthshire about c1790 going by census. and if it's not too much bother..any brothers and sisters he may have had. thanks very much Marion

(¯`*•.¸Scousenana.•*´¯)

(¯`*•.¸Scousenana.•*´¯) Report 6 Jan 2006 01:10

Thanks for the offer of look ups I'm searching for parents of Thomas Simpson b c 1828 in Scotland, sorry but that's all the information i have. Thanks againhh Jean

Melissa

Melissa Report 6 Jan 2006 04:28

Hi Dawn, Could you please look for the BIRTH of DAVID VASS born 1804 in Balintore. The district registration should be Fearn or Nigg in Ross & Cromarty, most likely NIGG. His death record gives parents of John & Janet Vass, but i would like to confirm with his birth record. Also if you do find them and it's not too much trouble, any siblings would be great too. Thanks for your time, Mel.

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Jan 2006 12:10

MARION FROM SCOTLAND Hi Marion I couldn't find their marriage as there were loads of John Stewarts marrying Christian's in the Perth area, so couldn't cut it down. Had better success with Donald. I found his twin brother and a number of siblings. All these were born in Little Dunkeld. I'm not sure if the last 4 are for the same couple, there were loads of couple with the same names in Perth having children around that time, so it was quite hard to work through them. I'd say the first 5 includind Donald are yours. Mum is listed as STEWART/STUART. Hope you find the info helpful. Dawn :-) ALEXANDER, b 16 Apr 1787 MARGRET, ch 12 Jun 1791 JOHN, b 1 May 1793 DONALD, b 1 May 1793 CHRISTIAN, ch 9 Aug 1795 JAMES, b 10 Oct 1802 GEORGE, b 12 Feb 1805 HELEN, ch 6 Jul 1808 ROBERT, ch 24 Jan 1811

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 7 Jan 2006 12:27

Thanks very much for that Dawn, I must find out about his twin. cheers Marion

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Jan 2006 12:48

MARGARET KNOWLES Hi Margaret For the first couple I found ELISABETH MARSHALL, ch 5 Mar 1818, Penninghame, Wigtown ANN MARSHALL, ch 26 Jan 1821, Penninghame, Wigtown The 2nd couple WILLIAM MARSHALL married MARGARET NEIL 9 Jul 1759, Mochrum, Wigtown ELIZABETH MARSHALL, ch 6 May 1849, Old Luce, Wigtown ALEXANDER MARSHALL, b 12 Mar 1851, Mochrum, Wigtown The 3rd couple ANN MARSHALL, ch 25 Feb 1762, Kilmarnock, Ayr WILLIAM MARSHALL, ch 23 Jul 1769. Kilmarnock, Ayr Hope you find the info helpful. Dawn :-)

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 7 Jan 2006 14:48

Thanks for taking the time Dawn, I appreciate it. Christine

kate 66

kate 66 Report 7 Jan 2006 16:37

Hi Dawn could i ask for help on a bapt. and a marriage Please. Bapt of a John Abernethy (Abernethie) poss Strachen or Maryculter it would be around 1700-1710. fathers name poss Andrew or archibald. Then his marriage to a Jean Troup abt 1755-1757 maryculter. i have no other info on this and have been stuck for what seems a lifetime. any help would be greatly recieved. Regards Kate

Lilian

Lilian Report 7 Jan 2006 17:13

Hello Dawn, You kindly found the parents of Hamilton Walden for me and I've found their marriage on the IGI and two other children, Ann Crawford and Elizabeth. I would appreciate you looking for any other children. The parents were JOHN WALDEN and ISABELLA MISCANDLIN. They were married in 1822 in Monkton, Ayrshire. Also, please look for the birth of John and Isabella, possibly in Ayrshire. Many thanks, Lilian

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 7 Jan 2006 17:33

Hi Dawn Thanks for the offer. Could you possibly look for a marriage between Gordon Dickson and Margaret Leys Place: Newhills, Aberdeenshire On one of their Children's birth certs it says they married 2,DEC 1854 ON ANOTHER 4th DECEMBER 1854 Thank you Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jan 2006 18:09

hi thanks for the offer please can you lookup EDMONDSON born AROUND 1770ish in Dumfries or Edinburugh(i think) They had a son called John Edmondson thanks hannah

Fran

Fran Report 7 Jan 2006 20:54

Hi Dawn Could you please find the marriage of John McIntyre and Margaret Ritchie in Dunfermline, Fife. According to the 1841 census John dob is c 1786 so marriage probably around 1805. Also their children, I have so far, Peter b c 1810 Henry b c 1816 Janet b c 1826. Grateful for any help, Many thanks Fran

Anne

Anne Report 8 Jan 2006 17:28

Hello Dawn, Please could you have a look for the date of birth of John Kennedy about 1795. From his death certificate I know his parents were William Kennedy and Janet Kellock. I think he could have been born in the Morton area. Also if it is not asking too much could you have a look for the marriage of John Kennedy and Nicholas Bell Thomson. Their first child was born in 1818 as far as I know. Thank you for your help, Anne.

Sarah wants a

Sarah wants a Report 8 Jan 2006 17:40

Hi Dawn Would you kindly look up for me :- marriage of - David Imry & Marion Kay 1st child born (i think) 1775 so that date ish- would be in midlothian area probably South Leith. and/or marriage of Robert Imrie & Janet Thomson 1st child born (i think again!) 1746 again should be in the South Leith area. With many thanks Sarah

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 8 Jan 2006 20:59

I have a James MCKERROW b1837 married Margaret MCKERROW b1838. Obviously soem sort of cousins. Wondered if you can help me sort them out James is son of John MCKERROW b1809 and Jane Weir b 1807 Margaret is daughter of Hugh MCKERROW and Jane MCKERROW b 1814 Ayr. Any help unravelling this group please. Thanks GLoria

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 8 Jan 2006 21:44

Dawn This is wonderful:-) I am interested in the marriage of James Carruthers and Janet Deans in either late 1853 or early 1854 in Kirkcudbright- possibly parish of Urr? I am hoping that Mary McVitae And Robert Carruthers are the parents of James Carruthers and I hope you can do a Parents search to confirm this/find any other children (hopefully a Joseph Carruthers will turn up). Haven't managed to get a lead yet on Janet Deans parents:-( Regards Bev X

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 9 Jan 2006 00:52

Hi Dawn, Very nice of you to offer. Can you do a parent Search for. Father James McLean b.16 Mar 1810, Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire. Mother Agnes Purdie b.30 April 1810 Crossmicheal, Kirkudbrightshire. They were married 11July 1841, Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire Many Thanks Malcolm