Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW 7th THREAD 1841 - 1901 & BMD *NOW CLOSED SEE

Page 0 + 1 of 17

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 12:55

Hi Please read the first message. Thanxs Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 12:55

HI Do you need a Relly look up? I have access to Ancestry.. BMD Census 1841 - 1901 SORRY CAN'T DO SCOTLAND OR IRELAND Please leave as much info as possible it makes it easier to find them..saying what info you need eg census yr..or marriage etc PLEASE CLICK ON *ADD REPLY* NOT MY NAME IT WILL FILL UP MY INBOX ... I WILL JUST DELETE ANY THAT GO IN MY INBOX SORRY..... Thanxs Lesley :~)

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 May 2006 13:25

Hi Lesley Please could you look up for me 1871 census - John Allen and Isabella Harriett Ruler. They married in 1876 and on 1881 and 1891 they were living in Bermondsey. She was born in Rotherhithe 1853c and he was born in Maidstone, Ken 1850c. Isabella Harriett's parents were Robert Ruler and Elizabeth Moss born 1823. Thanks Sandra

Rita

Rita Report 17 May 2006 13:40

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm in a right mess now! Henry Arthurs Watson is also down on the 1901 census as living at Relford, Nottm (?Retford), parents Mary Cwatson b.1868 Newark and Henry Watson b.1865 Loversall Doncaster, at 62 Abbott Street. Vloume 7b page 292 apr-may-june (1898). According to this he was living in 2 places at the same time !! HELP!!! Regards Rita x

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 13:42

SANDRA ************** I assume you have this Marriage? Name: Robert John Ruler Name: Elizabeth Burnett Moss Year of Registration: 1842 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Greenwich County: Greater London, Kent, London, Surrey Volume: 5 Page: 261 ************************************************************************* I am struggling with any thing else at the Moment but I am still looking ************************************************************************** Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 13:49

SANDRA ************ 1871 for John Allen ADDRESS: 31 ...? Street Maidstone Kent William Allen abt 1812 Chatham, Kent, England Head OCC: General labourer. Mary F Allen abt 1813 Loose, Kent, England Wife >>>John Allen abt 1849 Maidstone, Kent, England Son OCC:Tailor Journeyman. Henry Pawley abt 1838 Rochester, Kent, England Lodger OCC;Tailor Journeyman. Jesse Tugwell abt 1848 Tovil; Maidstone, Kent, England Lodger OCC: General Labourer. Source information: RG10/941 Registration district: Maidstone Sub-registration district: West Maidstone ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Folio: 42 Page: 40 Household schedule number: 213 GSU Number: 838712 ************************************************************************** Still looking for others CAN YOU GIVE ME THE REF FOR THE 1881 PLEASE Lesley :~)

Tracy

Tracy Report 17 May 2006 14:18

hi lesley thankyou for the look up you did for me tracy

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 14:20

RITA ********* Right first of all do you have Henry 's Marriage cert? It will have Fathers Name and Occupation on it... If you dont have it then I suggest you send for it Do you know Who and Where and When He married? I can take a look if you have this info... Lesley :~)

RStar

RStar Report 17 May 2006 14:22

Can I have a 1851 census look-up for Thomas Dunn Frost please? He lived in Notts.Was born 1846 so would be listed as son. Many thanks.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 14:30

REBEKAH *************** 1851 ADDRESS: New Burnley. Basford. Notts. William Frost abt 1814 Blidworth, Nottinghamshire, England Head OCC: Ag Lab. Edith Frost abt 1816 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Martha Frost abt 1842 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Elizabeth Frost abt 1844 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter >>>Thomas Frost abt 1846 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Son Sarah Frost abt 1849 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Edith Frost abt 1850 age 6 months. Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Ann Dunn (UnMar) abt 1833 Greasley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter-in-law OCC: Lace Worker. ( I dont understand how she is D.I.L when she is Unamarried I looked on Image and that is what it says.) Source information: HO107/2125 Registration district: Basford Sub-registration district: Greasley ED, institution, or vessel: 5g Folio: 300 Page: 28 Household schedule number: 48 GSU Number: 87755 ************************************************************************** Lesley :~)

RStar

RStar Report 17 May 2006 14:33

Thanks Lesley!! That was quick.

Suzy-in-the-Skye

Suzy-in-the-Skye Report 17 May 2006 14:36

Hi Lesley, can you please do a look up for me. Trying to find my Gt gt grandmothers birth. She is:- Teresa or Theresa Menella - born Manchester. I have her on various census but only after her marriage to Henry Coates, but the ages for her vary & puts her DoB between 1847-1852. She is always listed as born in Manchester. I have their marriage cert & DoM is 16.02.1868 & she is listed as a spinster aged 19. Her Father is Anthony Menella a Hatter. I haven't had any luck in finding any of the Menella's (including her mother Bridget nee ???) only managed to find Teresa & Henry's marriage. It's an unusal surname & although I have found Bridget on the 1871 Census as Bridget Mauller?, born Kildare, Ireland, I really don't consider this name of Menella to be Irish but Italian. Any help in tracking down Teresa, Bridget or Anthony Menella would be a great help. Many thanks, Suzy.

Rita

Rita Report 17 May 2006 14:39

I'll speak to mum tonight and ask if she's got Henry's birth certificate. I think he married Emma Jane (nee Evans) at St Lenoadogarius church in Nottingham (? spell!). I'll be in touch.... thanks again. Rita x

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 May 2006 15:06

Hi Lesley Thanks very much for marriage of Elizabeth Moss and John Ruler, and census John Allen for 1871. Ref Isabella Harriett Burness Moss Ruler - sorry do not have any reference for 1881 census. It says - View Record George Allen abt 1879 Bermondsey, Son Harriett Allen abt 1857 Bermondsey, Wife View Record John Allen Bermondsey, Son John Allen abt 1848 Maidstone, Head, Bermondsey Painter Address Bermondsey Thank you, Sandra

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 15:09

SUZY ********* Im sorry but I cant find any other info other than what you have... I cant find anything for Anthony... I can only find Bridget in 1871....living with Teresa and Henry.. I have Teresa's Marriage.....1868 Salford Do you know if Teresa had any Siblings? maybe I could find them that way... Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 15:10

RITA ******** Ok let me know if you get any more info that might help and I will gladly take another look for you :~) Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 15:14

SANDRA *************** For your ref for 1881 Street address: 14 Frean St Name: John Allen Occupation: Painter Source information: RG11/574 Registration district: St Olave Southwark Sub registration district: St James Bermondsey ED, institution, or vessel: 35 Folio: 101 Page: 26 GSU Number: 1341131 ************************************************************************* I will see if i can have any luck now with 1871 Lesley :~)

Suzy-in-the-Skye

Suzy-in-the-Skye Report 17 May 2006 15:15

Hi Lesley, thanks for looking for me - it's been a difficult task for me to trace them too! Sorry but I don't know if Teresa had any siblings so once again no where to look. thanks again, Suzy.

Suzy-in-the-Skye

Suzy-in-the-Skye Report 17 May 2006 15:25

Hi again Lesley, if its not too much trouble, could you do another look up for me please. trying to find this family on 1861 or later census rtns: They are on the 1851 census as follows:- John Coates, head. age 38 b.Nottingham, Notts. Coach Maker Ann Coates, wife. age 38. b.Ireland Ann Coates, daug.age 4 b.Manchester Henry Coates. son. age 4 b.Manchester. Living at 2 Austin's St, Manchester, sub dist.Deansgate. I don't think that the children are twins, I think the ages have been rounded. Henry, is the Henry who married Teresa Menella from the previous look up you did for me. He was born June qtr of 1847 vol 20.pg 725. any help again much appreciated. Best regards, Suzy.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 17 May 2006 15:30

SANDRA ************ Sorry But I have looked everywhere for your Rulers lol the Family that is lol I have tried first name searches only with no surname given and cant find Robert or Elizabeth nor Isabella nor Isabella as a Harriett.... :~( Sorry :~( Lesley :~)