Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Brick walls'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo

Jo Report 23 Sep 2015 15:44

Can you add the category of 'Brick walls' for those people like me who have tried every avenue on line that they can think of, and still not been able to get any further with finding an elusive ancestor/relation?
I have used the boards before to ask for help and received some excellent tips and advice but I feel that among your many members there must be someone who would enjoy the challenge of battling through a brick wall. Not all family history searchers can travel to records offices, National Archives etc or employ the services of a researcher especially if it involves making enquiries abroad.
In my case, for example, I am only trying to find out about my gr gr grandfather who served on Gibraltar around the middle of the 19th century but am at a standstill. I live in hope of cracking this problem but could do with some help :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Sep 2015 03:19

Jo ....

All the member helpers love brick walls, and they'll try to help you whether or not there is a specific Brick Wall Board or not.

Just post your query on Find Ancestors and see what happens :-)

Just so you know, most of the helpers on here do check on all the Boards that interest them or where they have expertise ................... I for example check Genealogy Chat and Find Ancestors every day, but I rarely look on Find Living Relatives because I have no expertise in finding the living and feel uncomfortable doing that.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 24 Sep 2015 07:11

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1210378

http://www.genesreunited.com.au/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1255196

(was it above perhaps, Charles Miller)

Chris :)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 Sep 2015 16:39

Postings on either Find Ancestors or Genealogy Chat would generate a lot of help.

There are so few queries these days that we are champing at the bit to help!