Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Community search redirecting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Scoobalicious

Scoobalicious Report 22 Sep 2015 22:51

Is anyone else having the same problem as me?

When using the search function on community boards, i get the searching screen and then it refreshes itself and starts searching again.

i have deleted all cookies, clean my pc ad even tried using 2 other laptops but its still the same problem.

Thanks
Sarah

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Sep 2015 00:40

Hi Sarah

I have not heard of this problem

BUT this Board was intended to be for Suggestions for improvements to the site, although GR staff no longer seem to look on here

Email them at [email protected]

OR post your question on Genealogy Chat ................. there are several members who look on that Board but not on this one who may be able to give you advice

Kense

Kense Report 23 Sep 2015 07:32

This is a long term problem with Advanced Search and is unlikely to be fixed soon AFAIK.

The last few posts on the top thread (Suggestions GENERAL) on this board refer to it.

Scoobalicious

Scoobalicious Report 23 Sep 2015 07:47

I have emailed them and no answer.

Surely with a paid site they would fix these problem asap...?

this was happening as far back as christmas 2014 and the reason i stopped visiting. I came back in the hope this would be sorted.

Think its time i cancelled my subscription as i can search for free via google search and i only ever use this site for the community boards anyhow.
And why is it we can still only have one tree on this site?? seems GR needs an overhaul.
Its a shame as i used to love using this site to find connections and chat on the boards :-(

Scoobalicious

Scoobalicious Report 23 Sep 2015 17:38

UPDATE:

They answered my email and checked the advanced search function using the same search i was and encountered the same problem, so they are now looking into it!!

Kense

Kense Report 24 Sep 2015 10:56

That does sound promising as they claimed they couldn't reproduce it before. I hope they have some expertise available to sort it.

The quick search tends to put old posts at the top of the list which probably explains why so many old threads are being resurrected these days.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Sep 2015 11:13

Don't cancel your subscription - just make sure you have the auto renew OFF.

That way if anyone wants to contact you, assuming you still use the same registered email address, you will still receive notification