Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am not receiving messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eddie

Eddie Report 26 Nov 2013 17:05

Why ?

jax

jax Report 27 Nov 2013 00:03

Are you expecting some?

Kense

Kense Report 27 Nov 2013 08:17

Are you referring to normal e-mail messages, in which case have GenesReunited got your current e-mail address as opposed to the one you gave them when you started your account?

If you mean GenesReunited messages, have you tried sending youself a message to see if it gets into your Inbox?

Eddie

Eddie Report 27 Nov 2013 11:52

I am expecting 2 members messages enabling them to view my Tree from 4 days ago !

Eddie

Eddie Report 27 Nov 2013 11:53

I am expecting 2 members messages enabling them to view my Tree from 4 days ago ! followed you link and get 503 error message -service not available

Kense

Kense Report 27 Nov 2013 13:35

Do you use Windows 8 or IE11? There seems to be a problem in some cases - see this thread.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1334088

You need to contact support
support team: [email protected]

jax

jax Report 27 Nov 2013 14:51

Why should you receive a message from someone else enabling them to view your tree?

If someone opens their tree to me (for whatever strange reason) I get an email from Genes....nothing else

Eddie

Eddie Report 28 Nov 2013 09:15

Jax , thanks for reply but I am not receiving anything from Genes

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 28 Nov 2013 09:44

Eddie

Are you saying 2 people contacted you via genes requesting to view your tree and you opened your tree for them ?

Normally this is between you and the contacts genes would not send any messages

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 4 Dec 2013 09:36

Hi Eddie,

Please contact customer support [email protected]

They will be able to assist with this matter.

Regards

Shelley