Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Time for Support Team to reply

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Dec 2012 10:32

Can a member of the Support Team please clarify the time the team will take to reply to messages ?

Frequently asked questions

The Support Team's working hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm and we will answer all emails within 2 - 3 days.

But I have just seen on another thread this:

customer support team who respond to all emails within 24 hours

Which is correct? If the second then the FAQ's needed to be amended.

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 28 Dec 2012 10:44

Hello Maureen,

our support team work from Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. We do say, as you quote above, that emails will be replied to within 2 to 3 days, but generally most members will receive a response within 24 hours.

Our support team do not work weekends or bank holidays.

I hope this answers your question.

Estelle

Gloria

Gloria Report 11 Oct 2013 08:14

Is there a telephone Number for Genes Reunited . I need some support with a problem i am having opening the ged file they have sent me by E Mail , it just will not open , also i need to change my credit card details .

Gloria Pulfer

Kense

Kense Report 11 Oct 2013 09:31

If you are trying to open a ged file by clicking on it, then you need to have a program associated with .ged.

You need a family history program to open it unless you use notepad which will open the file. This will show recognisable words and phrases from your tree but not in an easily understood format.

You can find the phone number for Brightsolid at "The Glebe" address by googling the address given under "Company Information" below. I don't know whether this will get you to the GR support team easily.

Community

Community Advisor Report 15 Oct 2013 16:07

Hi Gloria,

If you could email the support team they will be happy to help you change your credit card details. Their email address is [email protected]

Natasha

Eddie

Eddie Report 28 Nov 2013 10:18

Avatar said contact support as I have Explorer 11 and get message saying Error 503 when trying to open Genes, Help!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Dec 2013 17:09

The direct email address for support is

[email protected]

Other people have been having trouble since IE 10 was automatically upgraded to IE 11.

If you click on this link, it will take you to one of the threads where 'fix' suggestions have been made.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1334369

Apart from restoring to IE 10, one suggestion that seems to work for many people is (copied from the thread)

The fix is
Click the Tools icon (or Alt + X) - the cog shaped one top right of your screen
Click Compatibility View settings in the drop down list
Add the Genes Reunited website - genesreunited.co.uk

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 4 Dec 2013 09:41

Thank you +++DetEcTive+++,

Yes, we are aware of this issue, the tech team are working on a fix.

Regards,

Shelley