Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 19 Sep 2012 19:09

I have batt;ed for over an hour to get details from my tree to look up something for a member, the new format as far as I am concerned has totally gone backwards. I hbave now just given up. I could only get one page of my tree and it wouldn't search. As far as I am concerned it is now not worth the effort.

Susan

Susan Report 20 Sep 2012 05:51

I totally agree with you Valerie.
I spent hours yesterday trying to change a Year of Birth on one of my entries .

I could see where to edit but could not find the save button .

After checking with other members I found it at the bottom of the page but had to go to 75% for it to show up.

It is hopeless and so slow to do anything........but still no word from Genes.

I don't think they are reading anything we post and have no intentions of changing a thing.
sue :-(

Glenys

Glenys Report 20 Sep 2012 19:19

I agree! No one seems to be listening to the views of the majority of members.

Fay

Fay Report 24 Sep 2012 13:34

I have to say I hate the new system and much preferred my 'old' tree. I have tried editing family members but cannot see any way of saving the details. I feel like it is to much of an effort for something that is supposed to be fun! :-|

Susan

Susan Report 24 Sep 2012 14:01

Hi Fay

I had the same trouble .

When you are in your tree turn your Zoom leval down to 75%. (bottom right hand corner of your screen)

You will see the save button at the bottom of the page

I hope it helps.

Sue

Fay

Fay Report 24 Sep 2012 14:34

Thanks for that Sue,

I will give it a go next time I go to my tree,

Fay

PS: Just had a look and found the save button :-D very pleased as was thinking about starting a tree elsewhere - but so much time and effort involved in that :-S

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 Feb 2014 00:01

Please Delete this New Site.

Regards Valerie. 4 /2/2014.

jax

jax Report 5 Feb 2014 00:49

What new site?

Old thread I know :-S

Kense

Kense Report 5 Feb 2014 08:34

I wonder how long it will be before we get the new tree?

I expect we will get the same moans when it appears even though it will offer multiple trees.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Feb 2014 10:38

multiple trees?

I get confused with the one, I don't need more!

btw, I also have a tree on software, thousands more names than are on my GR tree, and it doesn't confuse me at all! Very easy to use.

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 7 Feb 2014 17:36

Hi Valerie,

The site hasn't changed recently. However, we are working on a new tree. If you have comments/suggestions regarding the tree, could I ask you to add them to the tree thread? All comments are taken on board for development.

Regards

Shelley