Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ENH: New posts icon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pittsy

pittsy Report 13 May 2011 02:00

I cannot seem to get the little new posts symbol to come off my posts when there has been no reply on the ones I am watching. The little blue thingo stays on when I am the last post.

Pittsy

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 13 May 2011 02:27

When you click on the thread then, does it go away?

I'm not much help because that's one of the extraneous graphics I use Adblock to block, so I don't see it. But I wonder whether you need to click on the thread after posting in it to make it go away. That would seem foolish ...

btw, there's no need for all-capitals in the subject line here ... or on any post on the board. Many people dislike being shouted at in general, and no post here is more deserving of attention than any other. ;)

pittsy

pittsy Report 13 May 2011 02:28

Yes I have tried that. It has only just starting happening this week. :S

pittsy

pittsy Report 13 May 2011 04:53

Thanks I will re post on General Chat. :-)

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 13 May 2011 06:37

Hi Pittsy

If you mean the little envelope at the side which says whether or not a new post has been added which you have not seen. It seems tohave stopped working. There is a thread on this board asking for this very useful icon to be reinstated.

I hope this helps