Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Walton 1796-1874

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mike

Mike Report 17 Jan 2017 17:05

Because of Genes Reunited I have made contact with a line of relatives from my Great Great Grandfather.

George Walton was born in 1796 and joined "The Rifles" in 1813 and he wrote a journal of his life in the army including the battle of Waterloo.

Because of GR, I went to St Pauls Cathedral for the memorial service for all who fought at Waterloo.

Because of GR I have discovered relatives around the world and we have subsequently published his diary.

You can see this at http://www.readingspace.co.uk/Product/Peter-Coleman/George-Walton-1796-1874--The-Journal--Diary-of-a-Rifleman/19179515