Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Charles Johnston b 1914 London UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret Ann

Margaret Ann Report 28 Nov 2013 21:09

I posted on here a couple of years ago looking for any info on John Charles Johnston born 15/01/1914 in London UK. He was very elusive and try as I might could not find him after 1960 in Cyprus where he was in the RAOC, he married for a third time whilst there and then seemed to disappear!!
I have now discovered what happened to him... through emigration records I found he emigrated to Australia in 1962/3 after his marriage failed. I have found his children from his second marriage, they too are all in Oz and I`m in contact with them all.
Genes "helpers" were so encouraging in my trying to find him and I hope my helpers will see this and know that this is a big success story which they helped me solve.
Thank you all ..