Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THANK YOU BARBARA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 30 May 2011 10:12

For years and years I have been searching for my Dad's family as he was adopted at 4 by an Aunt and Uncle all I had was that to go on. I managed to get Birth and Adoption Certs to find ot parents names. I gave up because I kept hitting brick walls, Dad passed 15 years ago so isn't around to give inofrmation.

I started looking again 2 weeks ago and since then I have found no end of information partly due to the new 1911 Census. I had a message off a very kind lady off Genes and she very kindly offered to help me. She confirmed all of my findings although I was stuck with my Dad's siblings. Well after a few emails back and forth Barbara managed to find siblings.

I queried them on here and the wonderful world of facebook led me to someone who my own cousins (on my Mothers side) were friends of. I messaged her and she spoke to her Mom (my suspected Aunty).
I spoke to my Mom who happens to live 1 street away from the lady, she knocked on her door yesterday and much to my amazement the lady IS my Dad's sister they were separated when she was only 5.

I am shocked and excited and extremely happy that I have found them, but saddened that whilst my Moms parents were alive my Dad visited their house and his sister lived 5 doors away without him even knowing.

Babara has managed to help me fill an empty gap in my life and I will never ever be able to repay her apart from giving her a mention on here. So Barbara, although I have said it many tgimes over the weekend THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart

Kerry :D