Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Evacuee records ww2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 18 Jun 2021 08:06

Are there any uk evacuees records for ww2 ?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Jun 2021 10:28

Local archives are probably your best bet. There could be records from schools and local organisations which organised the evacuees.

I don't think you will find much online as even army service records for WW2 are still with the MOD and there is not much online.

Kath. x

Susan

Susan Report 18 Jun 2021 12:17

Ok thank you Kath.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jul 2021 07:09

Or look at the 1939 register

If the person has passed then the records should be open

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Aug 2021 16:28

Myself and two older siblings were London evacuees but have only found my sister on the 1939 register

My brother was two doors away but he is a closed record as he died in Spain in 2001 so his death won’t be picked up

Sister passed in 2002

I am still here !

But i stayed in touch with my foster parents ,and their daughter born late 40,s so knew the address

All three now passed sadly

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Aug 2021 18:00

Info about searching for records of evacuees:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/evacuees/

It really only says what Kath and Shirley have said above.