Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help find relative please - missing over 32 years

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winn

Winn Report 9 May 2022 19:31

I am looking for SIMON PAUL FITZPATRICK born September 1972 Manchester UK.
Mother was Judith Fitzpatrick nee Millington and Simons father was William Fitzpatrick. Mother died in 1976 there were 3 sisters & 1 brother, Simon being the youngest at 4 years old stayed with his Father and they lost contact. When Simon was 9 the sisters & brother managed to find him and it turned out his father had left him with Simons grandma but it didn’t work out and he ended up in care in Glenside Childrens home, Old London Road, Hastings Sussex. Sadly that was the last time they saw Simon.
When Simon was about 17 we found out through Rochdale social services when Simon was first put into care he was suppose to of been adopted but it didn't happen instead he was placed in children's homes moving from place to place. We did find out he was in a Salvation Army hostel in Nottingham and the sisters left their telephone number with them but Simon never got in touch with us.
Fast forward to 2 years ago we found out that Simon had been in Glenside children’s home in Hastings Sussex and had fathered a child called Benjamin in 1989 who is my son and he also got a flat in Hastings.
I am in contact with Simons sisters. He never had contact with his son. We think Simon possible may of gone back to Manchester shortly after he got his flat in 1990-1991. I got in touch with the Salvation Army but they didn’t come up with anything.
Simon and the sisters & brother share the same mother Judith Millington she was married once to Albert Edward Tague.
Simon's father is William Terence Fitzpatrick, Simon birth was registered in both Fitzpatrick and Tague surnames.
He has 3 sisters and brother he has never been forgotten we have been looking for him for 40 years now, time is getting on please help us find him. His son Benjamin would also like to have a relationship with his father.
Please help me find family member, thank you. <3

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 May 2022 20:30

I see you've deleted your previous thread (s?) and also opened a new account, Winn.

I can't remember exactly what we posted on your previous thread - but unfortunately, as you know, we were unable to trace Simon's current whereabouts from online records.

Hopefully someone who knows of him will see this new thread at some time in the future.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 May 2022 17:28

Starting again on here won’t, unfortunately, make any difference to the outcome.

You didn’t ‘find out’ two years ago that he had fathered a son, if you are are the boy’s mother

Simon could have emigrated, changed his name, or simply ‘dropped out’. If someone wishes to ‘disappear’, it is very easy so to do.