Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fred Moore information wanted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caris

Caris Report 16 Mar 2021 20:08

Hi. I'm looking for information on my Nan farther, she don't have much information other than his name Fred Moore, last known in Tooting Surrey. My nan was born in 1935.
Apparently fred was in a prison in wormwood scrubs but don't know what year.

My nan was born in 59 queens road, haydens Road, New malden surrey

Her mum was Violet w adkins

Not sure if I should make this post on my other?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2021 20:37

Yes, please add it to one of your other threads.

This is a link to the one mainly about your Nan:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1380486

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 20:43

Queens road or Hayden’s road, can’t be both.

We’re Fred and Violet married. You can check that out yourself for free on
www.freebmd.org.uk

Look for newspaper reports for Fred’s court appearance/ crime.

Read through all the advice you have received on your other threads - it could lead you to places to look.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 16 Mar 2021 21:39

Looks as though your Nan was born illegitimately at her grandparents home, here they are in 1939, no Violet living with them....there is an officially closed record on the original image, maybe Kathleen living with her grandparents?

Name: Ernest W Adkins
Marital Status: Single
Birth Date: 12 May 1913
Residence Year: 1939
Address: 59 Queens Rd, New Maldon**********
Residence Place: Maldon and Coombe, Surrey, England
Line Number: 20
Schedule Number: 109
Sub Schedule Number: 3
Enumeration District: CMTP
Borough: Maldon and Coombe
Registration district: 30-1
Inferred Father:
Alfred E Adkins
Inferred Mother:
Edith M Adkins
Household Members Age
Alfred E Adkins
Edith M Adkins...............maiden name Thatcher
Ernest W Adkins 26
Leonard S Adkins

No Fred Moore living in the area, as far as I can see!!

Violet W Adkins was born in Uxbridge, birth registered September 1916.

She married John Dunn in 1941, Hampstead

I know this isn’t the info you’re looking for, as Kathleen was illegitimate it could be almost impossible to pin down her farther Fred (Frederick)Moore. Are his name and occupation on her birth certificate?

Caris

Caris Report 16 Mar 2021 22:09

Thank u.. what does it mean born illegitimatley?

The info is correct what you have given me, yeh my nan was evacuated or something?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 22:12

Illegitimate means that the parents were not married. The fathers name would only be on the birth certificate if he had accompanied the mother to the registrars.

Caris

Caris Report 16 Mar 2021 22:16

Ah ok I understand. Il try searching up fred moore in or near the area last seen.. I did see a Frederick George Moore 1900. Was in Cheam in 1936. Possibly match?

Caris

Caris Report 16 Mar 2021 22:19

Fred was in Cheam too my nan said

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Mar 2021 10:34

For anyone who doesn’t know the area, Cheam is just a bus ride away from New Malden. Or about an hours walk.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 17 Mar 2021 11:49

Caris, does your Nan know what job Fred did?

Caris

Caris Report 17 Mar 2021 18:55

No she don't know only he was in wormwood scrubs prison. He was seeing another lady while seeing my nans mum! My nan said her mum was living in 59 queens road new malden surrey.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Mar 2021 19:17

The London Metropolitan Archives hold registers of prisoners in the Scrubs.

Caris

Caris Report 17 Mar 2021 19:53

Ok thank you il try search that up. My nan said this evening that her mum Violet was seeing Fred moore in new malden surrey and got pregnant so around 1934 if this helps find anything.

Caris

Caris Report 2 May 2021 21:23

my nans dad who she only knew his name as fred moore and was in Cheam and tooting Surrey, but was also told he went to wormwood scrubs prison for robbery or burglary. I found online information of a Frederick Moore and a sen Wallace Moore in 1936 being involved in a bank robbery and I'm trying to find if this Frederick moore is the same person to be my nans father

On ancestry after doing my nans DNA it's come up with a connection with a lady named Melanie Smith who she has the name of Mary Cole and Henry Hampton being her Ancestors.

Can anyone help me getting further with Nything please. My nan is still living and I wanna help her get information on her dad or if she has any siblings from Frederick moore.

Frederick moore was last known to be in Cheam, tooting and South Wimbledon.

Can someone help plz as I have searched daily and not getting any further.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 May 2021 22:16

Have you yet looked into the records held at the London Metropolitan archives that I suggested several weeks ago.

greyghost

greyghost Report 3 May 2021 00:05

New thread started asking same question as that 2 posts above this one.
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1392929

Have asked Caris to stick to one thread - this one

West London Observer 24 July 1936 -

Wallace Moore Snr 44 Wheelwright and 3 sons - Wallace Jnr 27 Carpenter, Frederick Albert 24 Lorry driver and Arthur 17 Labourer all living in Fulham Road charged with breaking in and stealing ......

Various appearance at Magisrates Court and then Sessions culminated in -

Wallace Snr sentenced to 2 years in prison for receiving stolen goods. Wallace Jnr got 18 months and Frederick 9 months

Caris

Caris Report 3 May 2021 01:15

do you know what prison it was they was sentenced to?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 May 2021 08:11

Newspaper reports don’t usually state which prison someone is being sent to. Do try the London Metropolitan archives for their records on prisoners at Wormwood scrubs.

I think the LMA has just published it’s reopening dates. Google it.

Edit :Thinking about the 1936 crimes it is worth looking into Wandsworth prison records - again you need to look at the LMA.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 May 2021 13:09

IMPORTANT post by Alvigirl on the Find Ancestors thread.