Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing sister in France

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2020 14:12

My father, Charles Maurice MOON (usually known as Maurice) was an ambulance driver with the British Army in France, 1940-41, between Rouen and Paris. When I was about 16 years of age (I am now 76) my father told me he had a daughter born and living in France. At that time I was not interested as I had an active sporting career ahead of me. I have discovered some beautiful embroidered silk post cards that he sent to his mother, Sarah MOON, at that time. I would dearly love to trace my long lost, older sister - or any children of hers. They would be my nieces and nephews.

malyon

malyon Report 9 Dec 2020 14:41

not seeing a birth for a moon

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Dec 2020 15:25

Malyon -
the child was born in France, and in any case may have been registered under her mother's name.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Dec 2020 15:40

Searching on this site:
www.filae.com

for a female child born c1941 brings up lots of possibilities, but without a sub, the YOB can't be narrowed down to nearer than 1941 +/- 60 , and also without a sub I can't see the father's name.