Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Other living siblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 16 Aug 2020 21:05

im wondering if anyone could possibly help me with this one,my mum and dad split up in the sixties and mum never had any contact from him since then,before my mum passed away she told me that my dad had bee.n in the armied forces and reason behind them splitting up was because he tried to bring over from abroard a lady and her two children who were of a very young age,having been stationed in Cyprus and not sure elsewhere but she was apparently turned back at the huq of Holland with her kids. I often wonder if theyre were my siblings ,never got the chance to meet my father and ask him as he passed away, now how do I go about finding if he fathered any other children over here possibly London as he was living in Camden at time of his passing .ive been curious all these years and he was young enough to have another family at the time he split from my mum.would be nice to know if the gut feeling ive had all these years is right

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Aug 2020 21:56

Who registered his death?

Have you tried to find out if he re-married?

Did he leave a Will which went to Probate?

malyon

malyon Report 16 Aug 2020 22:42

can you tell us your fathers name

Jean

Jean Report 16 Aug 2020 22:45

his stepdaughter Rita Edith Warry registered his death,i wrote a letter to her many years ago and she was a little hesitant giving me any info apart from telling me he married her mum in 1970,s and that she lived with them and her mum passed then my dad 21 april1980,she would not give me any information and when I tried to contact her again there was never any reply.i think it came as a shock to her to find that he had been married and had kids as he told her mum he had never been married.i told her I didn't contact her to gain anything apart from some info on my dad,i dont know wether he left a will or not,

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Aug 2020 07:00

Have you looked for the marriage

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Aug 2020 07:03

You haven’t given your dads name so we can try and help

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Aug 2020 07:35

Alice was born in 1920 so probably too old to have children when she married your father:

Marriages Jun 1972
HILL Alice M PEARSON Islington 5c 1492
PEARSON John E HILL Islington 5c 1492

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Aug 2020 07:35

Deaths Jun 1980
PEARSON JOHN EDWARD 30JE1927 CAMDEN 14 1948

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Aug 2020 07:36

Births Sep 1920
Flynn Alice M Denny Islington 1b 509

She married a Hill first and had several children.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Aug 2020 16:01

No birth in England/Wales matching the 1980 death info

Not on 1939 register

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Aug 2020 09:03

Looks like he was actually born in 1930. Perhaps Rita was unaware there was a 10 year age difference between him and her mum.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Aug 2020 16:40

He could no doubt have fathered children at any time, but if they weren’t registered in his name, you’ll have very little hope of identifying them.

You are the only member with John and his brothers in a GR tree

Mary

Mary Report 18 Aug 2020 19:26

Rita born 1945 died 2009 according to Ancestry tree.

Maryb

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Aug 2020 20:04

Born 1944 - death registered Islington 2009

That would probably be why there was ‘no reply’