Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Christine Rothwell was Coggin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Apr 2020 01:52

I am looking for a lady who will be 73 this year,2020. Her maiden name was Christine Coggin and she married in 1971 becoming Christine Rothwell. I knew her briefly in the late 60's and would love to make contact. My name then was Julie but it has changed to Nicki.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Apr 2020 08:34

Welcome to the boards, Nicki.

I'll send you a possible address by private message - keep an eye on your email for a message via GR.

EDIT:
Have deleted unopened message in view of ErikaH's post below.

But as you know about the marriage, you could find them easily yourself, using records on GR.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Apr 2020 11:09

Careful - please

This sounds like an adoption issue

Suspect I'm too late - the damage may have already been done

Checked freebmd - always wise to check before sending info

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 May 2020 07:15

Damage?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 May 2020 11:48

ErikaH meant potential emotional or family damage or distress which might be caused if an adoption (if that is what's involved here) was made known to people who either didn't know about it already, or didn't want others to know about it.

However, as I deleted my message to you before you had a chance to read it, that will not have happened as a result of this thread.

Of course we don't know exactly what the situation is here, but it's often best left to trained people to deal with potentially sensitive relationship matters.

If you are a blood relative of Christine, you could add your name to the Adoption Contact Register, and then if she also has registered, you might be put in touch with each other.
I realise it's a long shot.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register