Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Search for RYE Family in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 14 Jan 2020 11:28

Hi, my name is Elizabeth (known as Liz) Docker. I believe that I have relatives, on my mother’s side, in Australia. My husband and I plan to visit Australia in the next few years and we would very much like to meet with some of my relatives.

I'm looking for the RYE family starting with Edith Joan (maiden name Harman) and her husband Leslie. We think that they had children and have discovered a brief mention of William John RYE and Patricia Ann RYE. They all appear to be based in the Brisbane area, last known address was 15 Tina Street, Radland Bay, Queensland, Australia 4165.

I would be most grateful for any information that you may have. Best regards and I look forward to hearing from you. Liz

Maddie

Maddie Report 14 Jan 2020 12:41

the last er on ancestry was for 1988 at address you gave

Valerie

Valerie Report 14 Jan 2020 12:56

Liz -
the 'RYERSON INDEX' (on-line) shows a funeral notice for an Edith Joan RYE -age 84yrs in the 'Courier Mail Brisbane' 22/7/2002.

The 'QLD State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask Us' librarian service. They will check their electoral rolls (past & present) and newspaper death notices. (with compulsory voting here we ALL have to be 'on the rolls') Hopefully they will trace 'William John Rye' for you.

'White Pages' are on-line - they MAY have Wm John Rye.

Valerie
WAus

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jan 2020 13:02

This poster has earlier threads on here to which there has been no return

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1380859

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1380846