Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosser family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 11 Nov 2019 23:02

I am looking for the ROSSER family that were born in solihull birmingham.
JOHN DAVID ROSSER born 1946
RICHARD TREVOR ROSSER born 1949
ALISON M ROSSER born 1957

I would be most grateful for any information

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2019 23:44

Looking for in what way please

Their births will be on FreeBMD and will show mmn

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 23:53

There are passenger records, on Findmypast indicating that the two boys travelled out with parents to Bombay in the early 50s, and then parents with Alison went to Borneo 1960 , that is stated as intended place of permanent residence.

Do you think they returned to the UK?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2019 23:57

Have we looked at this before as I’m looking for them on FMP and some records have been looked at before as they are ticked

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 00:04

Marriage for parents was in Ceylon in 1945 just for ref,

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 00:05

Previous thread

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1358697

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 00:11

On that thread you give DOB of David Philip Rosser as 1917, but the father of the above children gives his DOB very specifically as 1921 on passenger list.

The David Rosser ( no middle initial bn 1921) and father of the children, is NOT the right one,

This is the one you were looking for on previous thread.

Births Jun 1917 (>99%)
Rosser David P Price Bromyard 6a 730

here in 1939

David P Rosser's life in 1939
4 Tilsley, Birmingham C.B., Warwickshire, England
What can I do with this record?

Rosser household
(8 people)

Richard M Rosser 08 Jan 1888 Male Brass Copper Road Mills Labourer Heavy Worker Married 195 1
Flora G Rosser 05 Sep 1889 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 195 2
Morgan G Rosser 21 Feb 1915 Male Metal Fireman Metal Rolling Mills Heavy Worker Single 195 3
David P Rosser 15 Mar 1917 Male Capstan Lathe Hand Arms Manufacture Single 195 4

As per other thread he was still at that address with parents oin 1945 eroll

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 00:27

Flora Rosser, David's mother died 1980, her probate record is on https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

'might' give some clue as to whereabouts?

Flora Gwynne Rosser
Death year 1980
Death date 28 Aug 1980
Probate year 1980
Probate date 14 Oct 1980
Registry Birmingham
Registry county Warwickshire

death cert may give info also?

Deaths Sep 1980 (77%)
ROSSER FLORA GWYNNE 5FE1889 BIRMINGHAM 32 818

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 00:44

Peter, you are I believe the son of Morgan G, so that makes the David P Rosser correct on 1939 register, that is not the father of the children named in your opening post.

Do you have details from your David's birth cert confirming that the DOB matches with the 1939 reg? Knowing that is the correct date of birth might help establish when he died...though I can't find a death for him in England or Wales.

Peter

Peter Report 12 Nov 2019 08:42

I know that David had a girl friend in London. In 1945 he left a letter to parents saying he was leaving home and never coming back. Since this time no one has heard from him. He was born as you say in 1917.

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 10:07

It would have helped if you had mentioned that before Peter.

The one thing we do know,reasonably certainly is that he''s deceased. But where in the world that might have been is unknown, doesn't appear to have been England or Wales not under his given name anyway, though he could have changed it if he didn't want to be found. There also don't appear to be any records of him entering Aus' around that time, though he might have gone later and you won't find records online for more recent passenger lists unless he appears later in Aus' electoral rolls ( I haven't looked), but again he could have gone anywhere.

The only route I would think now is via a DNA match if he had any children, and you want to try that?

Peter

Peter Report 12 Nov 2019 10:39

Many thanks for your reply.
Is there any way of finding out if he changed his name in the UK?
If he moved abroad is their any way to trace his death?

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 10:51

I have found that people who changed their name by deed poll usually have that written on the 1939 Register which was used as a working document by the NHS to 1991, that doesn't show for David but he could easily have changed his first name or used his second without any legal change.

You could try looking through every year of the probate register in case he died overseas but had a will/probate registered here https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Deaths up to 2006 can be looked at on FMP or Ancestry ( I have looked but none matching DOB in full name at least) , after 2006 you can now work through the index at the GRO using year plus/minus 2

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Overseas deaths are hit and miss depending on where, which we don't know.

Peter

Peter Report 12 Nov 2019 11:24

Thank you for this information
Will use your advice to see if I can solve this mystery

malyon

malyon Report 12 Nov 2019 13:02

looks like richard trevor is on electrol list i sent pm

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Nov 2019 13:12

malyon

That man and his sibings are not relevant to this enquiry. Read carefully the post by Rambling

Please be careful when sharing info about living people without their permission.

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Nov 2019 13:13

Malyon. Peter has named the children of a different David in his OP, their father is NOT the man being sought. They are not connected at all, in any way see other thread.

malyon

malyon Report 12 Nov 2019 18:27

deleted my message to peter

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Nov 2019 21:29

Smart move, malyon., Thanks

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Nov 2019 20:43

Peter,

Why not add David to your tree on this site in case someone comes looking for him?

Rose