Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electorol Roll check Manchester area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 25 Mar 2019 20:46

Im trying to trace a relative not seen for many years with no luck.

Her name is AUDREY RAYNER her birth was registered in the first qtr of 1934 Salford so her birthday could also be at the end of 1933. Ive not got her birth cert so no exact date known.
We dont believe she ever married or had children.

On the death cert for her father Horace Rayner in 1986 and Audrey Rayner was the informant with her address being 8 HILLWOOD AVE, CRUMPSALL, MANCHESTER. That property has since been sold. Given her age I accept she may no longer be living but I cant find any obituaries or death record.

Does anybody have access to the elec roll in particular Manchester area that may have ages on? It is likely she remained in the Manchester area.

Thanks for any adice/help
Cassie

malyon

malyon Report 25 Mar 2019 20:53

no audrey in manchester area on electrol list

malyon

malyon Report 25 Mar 2019 21:01

Marriages Sep 1933 (>99%)

Rayner Horace Walker Manchester N. 8d 1645 Scan available - click to view
Walker Lucy Rayner Manchester N. 8d 1645 Scan available - click to view

CasCas

CasCas Report 25 Mar 2019 21:14

Thanks Maylon.
I suppose she could have moved away then. Please can you tell me if the ER had dob on? I dont want to order a birth cert unless its useful. I was wondering if I had a dob would that make a national ER search easier?

Yes Horace and Lucy were her patents. Both remarried. Horace died in 1986 in Ashford Kent and Audrey was informant (with a Manchester address). Her mother died in Truro in 1997. Audrey wasnt informant and the lady who was informant (neighbour/friend) didnt even know Audrey existed.

Regards
Cass

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 25 Mar 2019 21:18

It may be worth writing to the occupants at the address you have, they may have a forwarding address/area. She may have opted for privacy on the Electoral Rolls, and not show.

CasCas

CasCas Report 25 Mar 2019 21:29

Thanks Liz

Yes I am writing to the address and enclosing a sae. Maybe the occupants can tell me if there are any neighbours who have lived there a long time who may have known her?

She would be elderly now so may not he living independantly anymore. Ive not found any obituaries either. I suppose clock is ticking now but do hope we find her as shes last of a particular line of aunts and uncles that had no children

Regards
Cass

malyon

malyon Report 25 Mar 2019 23:10

to get the date of birth for audrey you will have to send for the birth cert if audrey has died and is on the 1939 reg her date of birth could be on there

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Mar 2019 23:31

You asked if the published ER show dates of birth. In answer, no.
192.com does give an age range eg 65+ would be relevant in this instance.

More & more Residential Care homes opt out of the public register. In some cases, people with dementia won't even be registered on the closed lists.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Mar 2019 23:43

From the Probate Register https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Surname First name Date of probate Probate number Date of death Document type Registry

RAYNER AUDREY 18 September 2006 2251613 07 August 2006 Grant and will Liverpool

RAYNER AUDREY 27 April 2009 3011875 23 November 2008 Grant and will Winchester

RAYNER AUDREY 05 August 2011 3575408 03 June 2011 Grant and will Manchester

RAYNER AUDREY 01 April 2014 4301839 14 January 2014 Grant and will Brighton

RAYNER AUDREY 18 June 2018 5421844 14 February 2018 Grant and will Oxford

Considering her last known address, if she has died, the entry with the Manchester registry is more likely than the others to be hers. Not everyone's Estate goes to probate. A copy of the Will & Probate would cost £10 from the site.

The property was listed for sale on 23 Jul 2015. The blurb quotes the owner as saying that it 'has been a very happy family home for many years' which suggests that Audrey moved from there a long time ago.

https://tinyurl.com/y4fd8a6p leads to zoopla.co.uk

malyon

malyon Report 25 Mar 2019 23:48

Audrey Raynor
England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007

Name: Audrey Raynor
Event Type: Death Registration
Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year: 2002
Registration District: Salford
County: Lancashire
Event Place: Salford, Lancashire, England
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969): 10 Jul 1933
Volume: 0111C
Page: TC68

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2019 00:16

We all know the informant can get a dob wrong, but both month & year?

Cass says her Audrey's birth was reg Jan-Mar 1934 so birth mid Nov 1933 to just before the end of Mar 1934.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Mar 2019 07:04

If she died in recent years it's very unlikely her record would be open on the 1939 register .its not that up to date

My hubby died in 2015,but he is still a closed record in 1939

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Mar 2019 07:16

She isn't a closed record on the 1939 register

It's only Horace and Lucy

Rayner Household (2 People)
85 Heath Street , Manchester C.B., Lancashire, England
Add to tree View original image Print
FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB OCCUPATION
Horace Rayner 07 Aug 1910 Dispatch Clerk Shippers Auxilliary Fireman No 840
Lucy Marsden (Rayner) 24 Nov 1912 Government Machinist Khaki
Ref: RG101/4503F/004/23 Letter Code: NKCZ
© Findmypast Ltd
Open a closed record Request a living person's record Close an open record Report an error

CasCas

CasCas Report 26 Mar 2019 07:49

Thankyou for all this info! I think I'll send for the copy of the Manchester will to confirm if she has now passed.

She wasnt on the 1939 register with her parents and there wasnt a hidden line so I wondered if she'd been an evacuee or away with family.

Maylon - that death record is interesting as it could well be a spelling error Raynor instead of Rayner which happened often as we know.

I think I must now get her birth cert if Im to be sure anything I find if the correct person.

Thanks for all the help its really useful.
Cassie :-D

CasCas

CasCas Report 26 Mar 2019 07:53

Detective - further to your info about probate etc. The date on the Manchester entry possibly fits as the home address I had for her in 1986 was sold in 2016 according to Rightmove - Im definately going to order a copy. Thankyou!

Cassie :-D