Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Dad David Owen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 16 Feb 2019 18:26

Hi....just thought I’d ask I’d amyone is looking for details of my Dad. Born Bangor Notth Wales 1952 and then adopted. I know his maternal details but I’m stuck on who my Grandad was. I think possibly welsh, Irish?! If anyone is aware of my Dads existence or looking for him.....I would love to hear from you.
Hayley

malyon

malyon Report 16 Feb 2019 20:06

what month was your dad born were his parents married

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Feb 2019 20:40

Does your father have his original birth certificate, and has he accessed his adoption file? If a father isn't named on either, then it's unlikely that you'll be able to easily find out who it is.

Presumably he hasn't made contact with his birth mother or, if he has, she hasn't been willing to share that information.

Have a read of this link to see if it helps
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records

Add his name to the Adoption Contact Register (details available on the above link). If birth family know of David and are looking for him, the system should match them up.

Its possible that relatives of his birth mother may have an idea of the potential father's name. Have you tried tracing any of them?

Hayley

Hayley Report 16 Feb 2019 21:13

Dad was born December 1952. No his parents were not married.

No named father on his birth certificate. I will try the link for the adoption register, I had no idea about it. Thank you so very much for your kind replies and advice. I really appreciate it!

malyon

malyon Report 16 Feb 2019 21:34

this must be your dad

Births Dec 1952 (>99%)
OWEN David OWEN Bangor 8a 132

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Feb 2019 22:23

Not named on the birth cert but maybe named in his adoption records

That would be the most likely .otherwise unless his mum or her family name him then it's unlikely you or he can get the info

Hayley

Hayley Report 17 Feb 2019 00:10

I have his birth record and certificate. I think maybe the adoption papers were edited? No mention of a name but there was a description of him strangely.... he was of good nature, 33-39, a painter and decorator. That’s all I’ve ever known.
I’m new to these search pages and if I don’t reply or thank you all personally.....it’s just that I’m not sure how to reply, research properly yet.
All help is appreciated

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Feb 2019 00:51

Have you seen the actual adoption papers or is that just information you have been told.?

It seems strange to outline his work, age and character without naming him.

Have you contacted the person on this site who possibly has David named on their tree?

Go to SEARCH on top right of screen and click on Search all member trees.
When you find a match, click on Find out more to send a personal message to someone's mailbox.

Hayley

Hayley Report 30 Dec 2019 07:18

Yes I have the adoption papers and the under the description of parents.....the above info was printed. No name at all. he was also listed as dark, Gwladys was medium. I can only assume dark features......strangely I am darker than my family and Dad has an olive complexion.
I have tried to find connections on here....no luck yet. I am not entirely sure how to find matches but will try. Thank you for the guidance

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Dec 2019 09:59

It’s very unlikely you will find the info on the father

Did Gwladys have any siblings who may still be alive .sometimes family will know who a boyfriend was or the circumstances of the birth