Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alan S Caldwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 5 Dec 2018 18:21

I’m looking for a close relative of mine, who maybe Alan S Caldwell, son of Arthur Stanley Caldwell and Greta Chestney, born in Haslingden, Lancashire 1950. Alan married Sandra Lakey in Plymouth, Devon, in 1970. If anyone knows Alan, please get in touch.
Thank you
Diann

P

P Report 5 Dec 2018 18:37

Hi,

I have some information on the family. Do you have Ancestry?

P

P Report 5 Dec 2018 18:39

Hi Diane, i will send you a PM

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2018 18:39

Alan Stanley Caldwell m Sandra Francis Lakey.

There's a later 1998 marriage in the same area of an Alan S Caldwell to a Linda A

Have you checked if either of them are on trees on this site? Use the Search all members trees, top right under search.

Why do you say he 'may be' a close relative? Wouldn't it be wiser to purchase his birth & MC to check that the father's name match? Or is Alan your possible birth father?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2018 19:07

As it appears Eric has information relating to the family, will leave this until or if Diane returns.

Actually - I've just realise that the house Sandra F (Caldwell) is listed as living at on Companies House was sold to a friend's daughter at the beginning of this year :-D
If necessary I can ask if they have a forwarding address.

Diane

Diane Report 5 Dec 2018 19:42

Hi Eric,
Alan is possibly my half brother. I was adopted, found birth mother who told me fathers name. He seems to be Alan’s father, Arthur Stanley Caldwell. All the clues seem to match. I did dna on ancestry and am a member. Was matched to 5 third cousins and loads 4th cousins on fathers side. None so far have heard of the Caldwells. I’m new at this and struggling to prove the infirmation I’ve found. Thought I’d try find Alan to see if he’d be willing to do dna. Have looked to see if he had any children, couldn’t find them, but didn’t know he married twice? You’ve found more info than me in half hour! I will look at other trees, not done that yet, only at the cousins with no positive results
Really appreciate this,
Diann

P

P Report 5 Dec 2018 19:59

Hello,

I have seen that Megan Caldwell is Davids daughter. (David is Alans brother).

I can see if there's any specific link i can find for you to get in touch with the family/Megan or Alan himself?

+++DetEcTive+++ Is the one who found the marriages! I've seen him on this site alot and he is definitely an expert! He could potentially of find more info too!? :)

I will look for you and PM you if i find any direct links.

Thank you.

Diane

Diane Report 5 Dec 2018 20:07

Eric, i would appreciate any help you can give!

And +++DetEcTive+++ too!

Means a lot to me, thank you,

P

P Report 5 Dec 2018 20:19

I am going to PM you

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Dec 2018 20:24

If you look on FreeBMD, there appears to be a son born c1972.

Rose

P

P Report 5 Dec 2018 20:46

I saw this also, is it for someone called Adam? Because after looking online, there is also a death in 2012 who matches him :(

Diane

Diane Report 5 Dec 2018 20:58

Oh no, so has Adam died as well?

What is it with this family!

Diane

Diane Report 5 Dec 2018 21:13

Just seen the BMD records myself, it’s unbelievable.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2018 21:22

Have sent you the address from Companies House Beta site.
It's not the same address as my friend's daughter (hangs head in shame :-0)

Despite an apparent separation, she may be able to give you more recent contact details. Failing that, she may ask her surviving 1983 son if he'd be willing to take a DNA test

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Dec 2018 00:15

If you Google "adam john caldwell" you will see several funeral notices with relatives mentioned.

Rose

Ericka

Ericka Report 16 Oct 2021 22:34

Soo.. I’m one of Alan’s daughters my Dad Alan Caldwell (Scruff as he was known).. Adam, my oldest half brother .. Then Dara my full blood sister,(me) Ericka.. then Alan my youngest half brother. X

greyghost

greyghost Report 16 Oct 2021 22:47

Welcome to the boards Ericka. Diane may not be looking for replies now, almost 3 years after she posted.

Try clicking on her name (in green) to send her a personal message through Genes. She will be able to receive it if she still has the email address she registered with GR. You then have to hope for a reply - there are several reasons she might not. Check your sent messages - if the green envelope remains closed then the message hasn't been opened.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Oct 2021 21:48

Ericka seems to have deleted her account !

greyghost

greyghost Report 17 Oct 2021 22:23

How very strange - 1 post and only joined this month.