Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Descendants of William Arthur & Ellen Taylor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Aug 2018 15:45

I am trying to trace descendants of William Arthur (Deceased 1981) & Ellen (deceased 1987) Taylor, he was a farmer last known of in either Whitwell or Cresswell. They had 2 sons Alan & Dennis, I assume both deceased as their records are open on the 1939 register. At that time living at Valley Farm, Staveley. Alan born 1932, and went onto have 4 children Mark who died age 20 on a motor bike, Ingrid, Elizabeth & Ian. Dennis born 1935 had 2 children Joy & Andrew.

My father was William Arthur Taylor's youngest brother, I have never met any of this family as we lost contact with Uncle Will when my father died in he 70's. I would love to make contact with them, if someone knows them please let me know.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 15:56

Have you looked for any of the names in 'search all member trees' on here?

Please say what research you have done yourself - to save duplication.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 16:01

For INFO
FMP

Valley Farm Mastin Moor , Staveley U.D., Derbyshire, England

Ellen Taylor 27 Dec 1910 Female Unpaid Domestic Duti Married 13 2
William A Taylor 13 Jan 1907 Male Railway Foreman Married 13 1
Allan (Alan) Taylor 24 Sep 1932 Male Single 13 3
Dennis Taylor 31 Apl 1935 Male Single 13 4

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 16:36

On Ancestry, Alan's record is CLOSED

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 16:39

Name: William Arthur Taylor
Marriage Age: 25
Birth Date: abt 1907
Marriage Date: 23 Apr 1932
Marriage Place: Staveley, Derbyshire, England
Father: Arthur John Taylor
Spouse: Ellen Johnson

Births Jun 1935
Taylor Dennis Johnson Chesterfield 7b 1117

Births Dec 1932 (>99%)
Taylor Alan Johnson Chesterfield 7b 1009

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 19:26

I've found what appear to be the births of Mark, Ingrid, and Ian, but there isn't an Elizabeth with same MMN

Elizabeth was their mother's name, as per marriage record on freebmd

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Aug 2018 19:29

First name(s) Mark
Last name Taylor
Gender Male
Birth day 24
Birth month 10
Birth year 1955
Age -
Death quarter 3
Death year 1976
District Worksop
County Nottinghamshire

Lynne

Lynne Report 27 Aug 2018 00:03

Thank you, I have some dates from my Aunt now deceased, for William Arthur's birth marriage and death, Dennis & Alan's dates of birth, I found their baptisms. I am assuming Alan has recently died as his record on 1939 register was previously closed.

I lost touch with the family in 1974 after the death of my dad, I didn't have a car or telephone, they had a car but never contacted us after the funeral.

I'm not sure if Dennis and Alan stayed in the same area as their parents nor who they married and in which area, sound sad but I can't ever remember meeting them. My aunt gave me Elizabeth's name, so I assumed she was correct. Maybe, Alan divorced or lost his first wife, sorry it's all speculation.

I have searched for William Arthur and Ellen on this site, but without success.

I'm not bad at finding the ancestors but descendants I'm useless at finding them.

Thank you again for all your help.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Aug 2018 18:43

As I said above, on Ancestry, Alan’s record is closed

Lynne

Lynne Report 28 Aug 2018 06:30

Thank you, I can't get onto Ancestry now as subscription has lapsed. I know at one stage on Findmypast his record was closed, but is now open.

Best wishes

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2018 13:34

You can look on freebmd and find the births to which I referred, and thus find the name of the mother

You can also look on here under 'search all member trees', where you may find Alan, at least, in someone's tree

Lynne

Lynne Report 29 Aug 2018 06:29

Thank you