Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greaders.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Apr 2017 10:41

Hello fellow Greaders. I am not sure what to do now. We were down to five of us and that just about worked. However Mersey has now left us which leaves only four of us.

I am not sure we are viable now. Have we, after about 10/11 years outlived the group?

Please let me have your thoughts. such a shame, at one time we had so many readers it was hard to keep up. Is this a sign of the times, not many people enjoying reading? Or is it just that nobody has time to commit to reading a book or two every six weeks? I find it hard to understand because I am always reading, maybe I am odd I don't know.

Anyway your thoughts on the situation please, Tess, Pammy and Perse.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Apr 2017 12:08

I should have added that even if we close down I would like to have the reviews for last time. The thread will hopefully go up tomorrow or Friday.

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 26 Apr 2017 22:20

It would be a shame if the group disbanded but I don't really think four is enough for a proper group. I suspect a lot more people read but find it difficult to commit to writing revues, I must admit there are times when I don't give them as much thought as they deserve!
If we do have to close perhaps we could post on the 'What book are you reading' thread on an irregular basis.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 09:37

I will go along with whatever the outcome, though do feel four is not exactly enough when it comes to choosing two books, one could feel rather limited.
My reviews will be posted.
Thanks Pammy, Tess and GlossieAnn and sorry to see you go Mersey.

Cheers Persie.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 09:39

Thanks Pammy and Persie. I am just waiting for Tess now, hopefully she will reply today.

Pammy, yes, I do post on there anyway but it won't really be the same will it. Such a shame, the end of an era but I suppose all good things eventually come to an end. I won't make the final decision though until I have heard from Tess. :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Apr 2017 17:08

OK I am going to take the sad decision as we have not heard from Tess. It is the end of an era and Greaders is no more.

Thank you for your company on here, I have so enjoyed reading all the books you have suggested and would have continued with five of us but sadly four is just not enough.

Hope you all enjoy many more hours of reading.

I am going to be lost now every six weeks, my brain is geared to those few days :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 28 Apr 2017 17:53

Sorry, have been "otherwise engaged". and only just come on-line.

Will do my reviews tonight or tomorrow.
So sorry that Mersey has left the group. So sorry that the group is now folding. I have enjoyed taking part, and have read many books that I would not have read without the Greaders recommendations.

Had even sorted out two books to recommend this time.

Will miss the group, which certainly made me think - really good exercise for the brain..

Thanks Ann for all your hard work.

Tess

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Apr 2017 21:17

Thanks all